Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

When do people think is the best time of the week to have your WI? Mine is on a Tuesday and I'm always sooo good during the week and do damage at the weekend. Sometimes I wish my WI was on a Thursday or Friday because then I'd have enough time to repair the damage, but then again I worry that I'd go TOO mad at the weekend if it was only a day or two after the WI.

I used to go to a class in the city centre a few years ago on a Wednesday morning and I always liked that one. I always felt that I had a few days to be really good before the weekend and then a few days after to fix any damage I did.

My class is a Tuesday evening a now and while it seems that little bit sooner after the weekend, it's not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I WI saturday mornings (at home) that way i can have a nice weekend treat dinner...and it also doubles up as my treat day after WI...So i tend to do less damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

lil kc wrote: »
    Day 1 of my detox is really not going great. Had my first bowl of porridge (ever in my life) this morning for 4 pp, yuck hated it! Then I made hummus which i regularly do but put too much garlic in it so the whole batch is ruined. To make it worse I put it on a rice cake to try it and turns out I hate them too. Ughhh

It did turn around at lunch time though when I made a roasted veg dish. Basically BNS, sweet potato, 1 small potato, carrot, swede, sprouts all roasted in olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Was yummy and it just melted in my mouth after a slow roast. Because I'm not eating meat I was able to use a bit more olive oil to bump up the PP value

For dinner i'm planning to make a lentil bolognase. Eek fingers crossed for me! :P

Don't give up on the porridge yet.. I hated it at first.. but experimented with cinnamon and nutmeg and even a little ginger (just the powdered stuff for baking) and I love it now.. plain it can be a little hard to take, even try some honey and banana with it.. its worth it cause it can really fill you up for the morning and stave off the munchies at 11! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Uggghhh my mum was up in Newry today and did a huge shop. There's so much nice food in my house! This is going to take some will power, she got me a few WW things up there, but it's just not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

kildareash wrote: »
    I've made pizzas with both naan breads and wraps. Wasn't impressed with the wraps at all...didn't find them that filling on their own and they were very awkward to eat.
    I loved the naan bread one. When I was making it, I was going to throw some oven chips into the oven because I was thinking it didn't look like an awful lot, but I was really sastisfied after it.
    Some people have also suggested making it on a pitta bread, but I would imagine that would be very similar to the wraps.

Happy birthday rememberthis...enjoy your party :)

I have the miserable cold at the minute too...just can't shift it and have zero motivation! Look after yourself and I'm sure you'll get your interest back when your feeling better.
    I was hoping that it would be a beautiful sunny day when I woke up this morning and I would be dying to get out of work and head for a nice walk. But I think I'd rather stay in work then look out at that miserable day :rolleyes:

@izzy24...the pasta carbonara sounds delish. Deffo going to try that over the weekend. I'm cooking dinner for the mammy and the daddy on sunday, and was thinking of trying the chicken in filo pastry that was posted earlier in the week. It sounds straighforward enough...anyone tried it?

Hey I made them during the week, the filling was nice but the pastry was wierd felt like it needed something like salt or something. anyone know what i could do with the filo pastry to make it taste better???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Oh god I just cant stop eating crap, have no idea whats wrong with me but I better cop the hell on before I gain all the weight I have lost, today alone I had a bakewell tart, a pizza slice thing and nachos out of Subway. (thats all I did eat, but I'd say that is my 29 pp gone at least). On the plus side I did a good hour in the gm, but then went and undid it all..

Its all down to lack of planning, I just need to get my arse in gear. I'm actually disgusted with myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

After 10 weeks at WW I am only down 5 lb, am so fecking mad that it's so slow...

Does anyone know the points in Tia Maria or in Captain Morgan??

Grrrrrr cant stop eating! FRICK FRICK FRICK! :mad:

Right.....Time to get my sh*t together! I think this is stress manifesting its self.

So going to root out all the "good toiletries" you all that stuff you get as presents but you know its so expensive that you dont want to waste it....

I am in urgent need of relaxation...so going to have a morning pamper session before my WI in the morning.

Gotta Shake up my eating! i've kinda felt last few days meals havent actually satisfied me...think its a combination of lots of things...long days, stress, these painkillers and not drinking enough water.

Breakie:
    porridge + skimmed milk,
    PINT OF WATER
    4pp

Lunch:
    1 fillet of yellow fin sole
    250g boiled baby potatoes
    30 g Philadelphia Light with Garlic & Herbs
    PINT OF WATER
    10pp

Dinner:
    100g Tilda Brown Rice (dry weight)
    160g Tesco Light Choices Korma Suace
    Large Chicken Breast
    PINT OF WATER
    17pp

11pp for coffee/low pp snacks.

going to try and fit in 30 mins on treadmill

Pembily wrote: »
    After 10 weeks at WW I am only down 5 lb, am so fecking mad that it's so slow...

Does anyone know the points in Tia Maria or in Captain Morgan??

I'm about 90% sure they are 3pp each

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

down 24lbs since 4th jan''. joined gym the same day ,going there thursday -monday sweating my ass of to get rid of the person im carring around all my life. the lady,s at gym are noticing the change in me , i cant cos i wont look in the long mirror yet. i love going to the gym to sweat the flab that i hate of me. i dont need it and i most certainly dont want it...to those who are finding it hard and it is hard if you want some thing real bad you have to work hard at it, reread the books that we got the first night we started there will be somthing that you will see in them to spur you on ..

• Advertisement

cats.life wrote: »
    down 24lbs since 4th jan''. joined gym the same day ,going there thursday -monday sweating my ass of to get rid of the person im carring around all my life. the lady,s at gym are noticing the change in me , i cant cos i wont look in the long mirror yet. i love going to the gym to sweat the flab that i hate of me. i dont need it and i most certainly dont want it...to those who are finding it hard and it is hard if you want some thing real bad you have to work hard at it, reread the books that we got the first night we started there will be somthing that you will see in them to spur you on ..

Damn right! I cant wait to get back to the gym properly over summer! toning twice a week, cardio 3 times a week.

Have about 120 euro in ONE4ALL vouchers :) going to use them on clothes! so wanna tone up a little before getting new clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Grrrrrr cant stop eating! FRICK FRICK FRICK! :mad:

Right.....Time to get my sh*t together! I think this is stress manifesting its self.

So going to root out all the "good toiletries" you all that stuff you get as presents but you know its so expensive that you dont want to waste it....

I am in urgent need of relaxation...so going to have a morning pamper session before my WI in the morning.

Gotta Shake up my eating! i've kinda felt last few days meals havent actually satisfied me...think its a combination of lots of things...long days, stress, these painkillers and not drinking enough water.

Breakie:
    porridge + skimmed milk,
    PINT OF WATER
    4pp

Lunch:
    1 fillet of yellow fin sole
    250g boiled baby potatoes
    30 g Philadelphia Light with Garlic & Herbs
    PINT OF WATER
    10pp

Dinner:
    100g Tilda Brown Rice (dry weight)
    160g Tesco Light Choices Korma Suace
    Large Chicken Breast
    PINT OF WATER
    17pp

11pp for coffee/low pp snacks.

going to try and fit in 30 mins on treadmill

Perhaps, instead of 2 big meals, have 4 smaller ones, or 2 small ones and then a medium sized dinner, to keep you full throughout the day. Snacks never satisfy hunger, even though I know myself, they are essential to keep us sane. :)
    Damn right! I cant wait to get back to the gym properly over summer! toning twice a week, cardio 3 times a week.

Have about 120 euro in ONE4ALL vouchers :) going to use them on clothes! so wanna tone up a little before getting new clothes.

I did a free trial in one of the ben dunne gyms today (Carlisle in Kimmage - Dublin) I have to say, I did not like it all. It was real dark and dreary and looked like the inside of a factory, very commercial. And everyone there looked really fit and were really going for it and it made me feel inadequate. I do like the treadmill, but I don't think I am going to pay for membership just to use the treadmill, even though it is easier to walk/jog on a treadmill, I can do that for free outside. I think I realised my fitness is not up to par yet to be getting full use out of a gym. I think I will just keep going with my walking and couch to 5k and then when I have conquered that and feel like mixing things up, i'll join a gym.

Lainy and anyone else who has tried chicken mince.

What do you think of a chicken meatball pasta bake? Instead of beef mince. Do you think it would be nice? And would I like it, seeing as I really didnt like turkey mince, thought it was too bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Monife wrote: »
    I did a free trial in one of the ben dunne gyms today (Carlisle in Kimmage - Dublin) I have to say, I did not like it all. It was real dark and dreary and looked like the inside of a factory, very commercial. And everyone there looked really fit and were really going for it and it made me feel inadequate. I do like the treadmill, but I don't think I am going to pay for membership just to use the treadmill, even though it is easier to walk/jog on a treadmill, I can do that for free outside. I think I realised my fitness is not up to par yet to be getting full use out of a gym. I think I will just keep going with my walking and couch to 5k and then when I have conquered that and feel like mixing things up, i'll join a gym.

I'm not a fan of the gym myself! When I last did WW, I joined Jackie Skellys, went for about a year then got p'd off and had to have a big fight with them to cancel my contract!:mad: Now I just go running or for a walk. I do a pay-as-you-go Pole Dancing class once a week too. Find it much better for me than the gym. Hated it, but that's just me!

Perhaps, instead of 2 big meals, have 4 smaller ones, or 2 small ones and then a medium sized dinner, to keep you full throughout the day. Snacks never satisfy hunger, even though I know myself, they are essential to keep us sane. :)

I have weights and treadmill here in the house...when i say get back to the gym. i mean getting back to using the stuff...just with college i just do not have the physical energy to use the gym...i'm falling asleep most days on the bus home cos i'm up at 6.30 every morning, in college for 8 to beat traffic.

Dont normally have a dinner that big....its just my saturday night blurb. I need something to make it feel like the weekend...

10pp for lunch is small when its out of 42pp lol

I try to keep snacks to proper food if i can...doesnt always happen,but i try,
    things like instant soups, porridge, chili rice cakes with philly and cucumber

hot drinks like low cal hot chocolate...i make them in a thermus mug so they stay scortching hot for ages and have to drink it slowly

Lainy and anyone else who has tried chicken mince.

What do you think of a chicken meatball pasta bake? Instead of beef mince. Do you think it would be nice? And would I like it, seeing as I really didnt like turkey mince, thought it was too bland.

well i love the chicken mince :) so i say it would be nice :) just adjust the seasoning to suit chicken.

Oregano is gorgeous with chicken. I used to like turkey mince...but yeah compared to the chicken...turkey is so bland and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Well guys, i have finally seen the light, have a few weddings in the next few months and tried dresses that i wore last year, ya bate on me, and only one is ok. Sooooooooooooooo depressing but i think it has made me in a better place than i have been in, in a long time, i now know that i need to go back to WW, third time, so hopefully third time lucky. Tuesday evenings are the class i went to before so think ill go back to that one, think that this time i have a different frame of mine about WW, im not looking for a quick fix, and i know that it will take time to get to my goal, and im going to sts, lose a few, and maybe put on one or two when the weeks are very busy, im guessing that i have between one and a half and two stone to lose! I am actually lookign forward to tuesday, but not to the WI!!!! :eek:
    Sorry for the long post!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 footyfan

can somebody tell me how many pp in chipper/chineese take-away chips.

footyfan wrote: »

Skinny Doll said 14PP for 210g of chinese chips but to be careful as all chinese' are different.

I would usually point them at around that. For chipper chips, I dont really eat them, but definitely would say they are more, possibly 18/20PP for the bag. Just a guestimate though. I actually think my leader said they are around 20-24PP.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

cats.life wrote: »
    down 24lbs since 4th jan''. joined gym the same day ,going there thursday -monday sweating my ass of to get rid of the person im carring around all my life. the lady,s at gym are noticing the change in me , i cant cos i wont look in the long mirror yet. i love going to the gym to sweat the flab that i hate of me. i dont need it and i most certainly dont want it...to those who are finding it hard and it is hard if you want some thing real bad you have to work hard at it, reread the books that we got the first night we started there will be somthing that you will see in them to spur you on ..[/QUOT

I went to the gym all year last year and loved it, HOWEVER, I forgot to stop easting crap so didnt benefit as much as I should have, been following ww since jan but havent really got into it.

Today is the start of the shake up.

Going back to the gym, will be wobbling around but hey with hard work in time there will be less to wobble! I feel going back to the gym will give me an extra focus. Excited today at the thoughts of going back, might not feel so clever tomorrow morning!!!
    The second thing I am changing is the way I track. Gonna track monday to monday rather than from thursday(WI) to thursday. I feel having the weekend at the start of my ww weeks is screwing my head a bit so hence the change there

New week begins!

2 weeks left in college, then two weeks of study, then two weeks of exams.

Most my projects done now...so alot of the pressure is off....(for now)

finishing these bloody pain killers this weekend...tho i'm still not quite right...
    but have another appointment next week with doctor. He'll probably suggest physio....the fact its still sore is slightly worrying...really hope its not something that'll need an MRI (or big needles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

New week begins!

2 weeks left in college, then two weeks of study, then two weeks of exams.

Most my projects done now...so alot of the pressure is off....(for now)

finishing these bloody pain killers this weekend...tho i'm still not quite right...
    but have another appointment next week with doctor. He'll probably suggest physio....the fact its still sore is slightly worrying...really hope its not something that'll need an MRI (or big needles)

You must be glad to be nearing the end or the college year, it can be very tough, hope the doc visit goes the way want lainy. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Wooooooo I've lost 7lbs this wk getting my 10% and that's 29lbs since Jan 3rd absolutely delighted this morning

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Wooooooo I've lost 7lbs this wk getting my 10% and that's 29lbs since Jan 3rd absolutely delighted this morning

omg 7lbs....thats amazing! 29lbs in 3 months.....FECKING HELL.....WOW

Birdie086 wrote: »
    You must be glad to be nearing the end or the college year, it can be very tough, hope the doc visit goes the way want lainy. good luck.

its been an exhausting year! I think i put alot of pressure on my self too...
    like i was SO greatful to have gotten in...and SO greatful to get back to education allowance...I felt i had to work so hard. I was two years trying to get onto the course! so when i did get on....tryed to give it everything i had...dear god i just hope i get into the next years step up from it....I do deserve it...with the amount of work, hours and money i've put in.

A few girls this week in college have told me i seem to have lost a load of weight since christmas :) which was nice to hear....that people could actually see it in me.

Gotta pull out the finger this week now....water water water, and bulky filling meals. When i do put my mind to it...propoints works amazing for me....but when i slack off.....oh boy do i slack off! eeeeep!

Lovely day for a walk. Feeling really motivated about exercise this week. Cheated a little and did the couch to 5k 2 days in a row (Thursday and Friday) even though you are suppose to have a rest/walk day. So going to go for a nice long 4 or 5k walk today and think I might start week 4 tomorrow, eek!! :eek: There is 5 minute runs in week 4, doesn't seem like a lot when you say it, but certainly feels it when you are actually running, have just been doing 3 min ones so look forward to tomorrow to see if I can do it.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Treating myself and the OH to chicken fajita's tonight, will post the recipe later if anyone wants it.

tweaked the bran muffin recipe, swopping some of the sugar for splenda....now there only 3pp each :D

going to to try them with banana this afternoon....but first.....Oi.....back to biology reports i go! :(

STS this week...which is A OK with me! have only put in about 60% effort last two weeks....so to STS is fine...

Ordered my grooming table today....my brother got his new car...which means his old car is now mine.....ALOT of BIG things going on.....AAAAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone... hope ur wkend is going ok so far... went to aldi yesterday and done abig shop and i have my menu planned for the week i find this helps me alot.. oh i got the sunrice things and they are yummy... really want to not use my weeklies this week to see if it makes a difference or even just use a few of them. have nothing on this wkend and im staying at home so fingers crossed it will show tuesday at wi:D...

oh you should have a look a www.philadelhia.ie there lots of yummy reciepes and some are easy to make low in pp as use extra light phili instead:p... thats where i got the carbonara recipe from:p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

footyfan wrote: »

I pointed the Chinese chips based on the 14PP for 210g! Got Chinese the other night and weighed the chips, think they were about 330g so worked out at about 20pp was disgusted wen my take away came in at like 55PP :eek: ! Has really put me off!

I've just made my first batch of blondies and they're yummy! Going to try the cookies tonight! Don't want too many nice snacks in the house at the one time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement