Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't Galway such a wonderful place in the sunshine..

Options
  • 23-03-2011 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Isn't it......

Its worth all the wind and rain when we have days like this....

What a wondeful little city.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

When the light catches the bums in Eyre Square just right, its magical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    When the light catches the bums in Eyre Square just right, its magical.

Ya those lady bums, big ones, little ones, whent he sun comes out it really is "magical".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Best place in the country when the suns out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Sugarfree

Yes the puke laden streets really sparkle in the sun.

Sugarfree wrote: »

What are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

paddys day is well over!

ya it is beautiful - its a fab place for quick lunchtime walks - down by Spanish Arch, Swamp, Grattan Road -wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Or alternatively the canals walk. - fantastic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

two trolls so far :D WINNING :D

What are you on about?

I'm just pointing out the filth of Galway city. Do you not agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

no, not at all.

maybe it was a bit worse for wear early morning after paddy's day, but so was everywhere else in Ireland.

no, not at all.

maybe it was a bit worse for wear early morning after paddy's day, but so was everywhere else in Ireland.

Well I remember walking down shop street there during the NUIG rag week and it was filthy at 11am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭clown2brown

Couldn't agree more op:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Galway is a gem when the sun shines:D

Gorgeous city for a wander around when it's a glorious sunny day like today........

Ta hell with the begrudgers I say!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mayo is a quite a popular tourist county. Its not full of its own s hite either unlike the puke laden streets of Galway city.
    Stop being such a wet blanket, it's a glorious day out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Anyone want to start a collection to send poor oul 'Sugarfree' back up to Mayo? It should only cost about a tenner on Bus Eireann. Immigration of cranky Mayo people hasn't gone away with the demise of the Celtic Tiger :D

celty wrote: »
    Anyone want to start a collection to send poor oul 'Sugarfree' back up to Mayo? It should only cost about a tenner on Bus Eireann. Immigration of cranky Mayo people hasn't gone away with the demise of the Celtic Tiger :D

The racist underbelly of Galway is showings it's true form.

Oh and biko banned me from Mayo. I'd happily go back there in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Fantastic day today and yesterday. Brought the pooch down silver strand yesterday for a walk. Is the water warm enough to go swimming yet? It's tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think Ireland in general can't be beat when the sun is shinning. We're just immune to it's beauty at this stage. Any time I've gone to Spain or any other hot country and spent any time travelling through their so called countryside I have to admit it's pretty awful looking and desolate scenery.

Then coming back to Ireland even on a bad day it looks brilliant, there's an instant atmosphere and it burns vibrant colour into your eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Well I remember walking down shop street there during the NUIG rag week and it was filthy at 11am.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

biko's using his banstick in the real world now too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Spent 2 days in Galway end of last week and it is as awesome and beautiful as ever even in the rain!
    A girl I know was sitting at the Spanish Arch last week sun was out but the wind was chilly but she ended up getting sunburnt ha! :D

I'm moving down now for definite end of May. More choices for renting once all the students feic off. So hopefully there will be loooooooooads of nice sunny days....or even just dry days will do meh :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

People from Mayo are a different race?

I'm just pointing out the filth of Galway city. Do you not agree?

No I completely disagree, galway is a beautiful city. Must be something stuck in your eyes which your mistaking for dirt on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Great to read most of the happy, positive posts on here ... a big change from all the doom and gloom in the country. And Sugarfree, take a chill pill and enjoy a bit of banter. Hell, some of my best friends are Mayo people (..incredible as it seems).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

celty wrote: »
    Great to read most of the happy, positive posts on here ... a big change from all the doom and gloom in the country. And Sugarfree, take a chill pill and enjoy a bit of banter. Hell, some of my best friends are Mayo people (..incredible as it seems).
    If we get more than a week of sun come back and see us complain about too much sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

BornToBe? wrote: »
    Isn't it......

Its worth all the wind and rain when we have days like this....

What a wondeful little city.

Galway is, in general, wonderful all the time...even in the rain.

Disclaimer: above statement does not include Rag Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Oh and Mayo is the cleanest county is Ireland is it? Awwwww. Why don't ya go back there permanently then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thes pictures are what make Galway special!!!

claddagh_swan.jpg

galway_cathedral.jpg

harbour.jpg

Quay_St.jpg

tribes_flags.jpg

Feel free to add some more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

There is no need to pay a small fortune for a holiday when the sun is out in Galway. Loads of nice restaurants and bars; and not forgetting the great views when either on the beach or walking the prom.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,755 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think Ireland in general can't be beat when the sun is shinning. ...

I'm not knocking Galway, and agree that today was fantastic. (Am even sad I've got a temping gig on, though getting money to pay the rent is nice ;-) )

But some of ye really do need to travel more. I know a few places that make Galway and the prom look like Brighton's shabby cousin.

• Advertisement

DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1793.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement