Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw 21/03 **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Jesus I watched RAW this morning, what a load of sh*te!

I knew I had valuable reasons for hardly watching this anymore, but usually you can rely on the pre Wrestlemania Raw's to step it up a notch but I guess I was wrong.

1)This has to be the weakest WM line up I can remember
    2) Who the **** is Snooki? A reality tv star? Really? is that the best they can do to get mainstream media?
    3)Triple H/Undertaker, the whole thing is soo forced, no concrete backbone of a reason for a feud, they need to build it up by having other wrestlers say how big it is? Even those comments sound so hollow. With the king saying in 40 years hes never seen anything like the no word spoken return between the two? Really King? I've seen better on Superstars!
    4) How much are they over doing it with Cole? This is going to be atrocious at WM, Cole applying an ankle lock is cringeworthy! He just jiggles on the ground like a fat jelly tot, while applying NO pressure to the leg at all, and repeat the same line over an over!!!

I'm done ranting now. I kinda feel like facepalming myself for actually watching this tripe!

Let me exclude CM PUNK who is the only good thing going, probably will have a good match at WM with Ortan.
    Also if Morrison & Ziggler were left on their own, it could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Yeah wasn't impressed with RAW at all this week.

I can't believe how invested I am in the Lawler/Cole feud. WM is going to be awesome seeing him get his ass handed to him.

Punk was awesome as usual. He needed a good comeback from the last couple of weeks.

Still not crazy about Miz-Cena. At this rate It's so predictable!

Also anyone else think that the Bryan-Sheamus match is going to steal the show?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought it was ok in places...

I actually like the prospective Mania card and think it should be good on the night, match wise. The builds have just been very lazy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Degag wrote: »
    Is that an hour extra in bed or an hour less? Always get confused with that!
    An hour extra

Nope clocks go forward so you have an hour less in bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Maybe The Rock wont be the only former star to come back to the wwe.

honkytonk man just posted on twitter that maybe its time HTM showed up in the wwe and hit some shake, rattle and roll on micheal cole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Maybe The Rock wont be the only former star to come back to the wwe.

honkytonk man just posted on twitter that maybe its time HTM showed up in the wwe and hit some shake, rattle and roll on micheal cole.

HTM pulls this stunt every year just likes to get his name back out

oh i know that, its just with whats happening between cole and lawlor, i sort of half expected him to show up by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I liked the video clip with Double A, Harley Race etc. Adds gravitas to the Taker/HHH match, trying to get it to be seen as a match between 2 all time greats. I think the videos are doing a fantastic job of building up the match. It's a different build up, but I like it.

Oh and Layla looked awesome!

I came across very angry this morning! :eek:

I still standby most of what I said though!

Except I meant 'Orton' not 'Ortan' :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

the taker, triple h match in not doing anything for me. The build up is really poor. Have a feeling this may not be a great maina this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

HBK wrote: »
    Jesus I watched RAW this morning, what a load of sh*te!

I knew I had valuable reasons for hardly watching this anymore, but usually you can rely on the pre Wrestlemania Raw's to step it up a notch but I guess I was wrong.

1)This has to be the weakest WM line up I can remember
    2) Who the **** is Snooki? A reality tv star? Really? is that the best they can do to get mainstream media?
    3)Triple H/Undertaker, the whole thing is soo forced, no concrete backbone of a reason for a feud, they need to build it up by having other wrestlers say how big it is? Even those comments sound so hollow. With the king saying in 40 years hes never seen anything like the no word spoken return between the two? Really King? I've seen better on Superstars!
    4) How much are they over doing it with Cole? This is going to be atrocious at WM, Cole applying an ankle lock is cringeworthy! He just jiggles on the ground like a fat jelly tot, while applying NO pressure to the leg at all, and repeat the same line over an over!!!

I'm done ranting now. I kinda feel like facepalming myself for actually watching this tripe!

Let me exclude CM PUNK who is the only good thing going, probably will have a good match at WM with Ortan.
    Also if Morrison & Ziggler were left on their own, it could be good.

Fantastic post.

I agree with you on the Cole v Lawler match, its going to be a bit like Bret v McMahon last year where its all in the build-up and the payoff is just going to be a beatdown, but its been an enjoyable watch, and when you compare the Lawler/Cole build to the Taker/HHH feud its really laughable how poorly they've invested time into the latter.

I think the promos they had for the Taker match with Arn etc would be a great side dish if it was on the side of some great building. I disagree a lot with posters on WWE stuff but can usually see their point of view no matter how much I disagree with it but I'm astonished with how some posters think the HHH/Taker feud has been built well.

HHH has simply buried a couple of guys, one who went on to be US champion a couple of weeks later, which makes the US championship look weak, and just said how its the one thing (breaking the streak) that nobody has done and he needs to do it... (seriously I've heard that line now nearly every year for Takers Mania match) Taker has shown up twice in 8 or 9 shows and barely done anything but give his run of the mill Mania promo. They run video promos for THREE WEEKS now when they could have put them all into one show, and done something else for the other shows. One week all they did was have HBK give 3 minutes about the match! Could they not have had Taker or HHH have some sort of interaction of some kind?? (Of course not, that would ruin the effect of the match when they finally meet is the deluded answer someone will give me)

This less is more argument is búllshít in my view. They've not bothered to build the feud with any sort of interest and the fact that it was a last minute decision to make the match is so obvious. They've effectively spread out a very bare 2 weeks worth of material into 5 weeks now and to be honest I couldn't give a shít about their match at Mania because they've done nothing with it.

Ooooh HHH is an assassin, oh he has desire, oh he wont quit, blah blah blah. Undertakers streak won't be given up easy, he never dies, it's what makes him, blah blah blah, its the exact same thing they've been telling us all for years but now are just reminding us and telling us its a reason for a match, its not, its just a veil for the fact that they've no idea what to do with this feud and fortunately for WWE some fans are actually buying it.

cena wrote: »
    the taker, triple h match in not doing anything for me.

same here, i think the build up to the 2 Taker v HBK matches was much better, i'm more interested in seeing a Rock Austin confrontation, Cole v lawlor :eek: and what happens between The Rock/Miz/Cena (even though i think we can all guess what will happen regarding cena and the belt).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually liked the video for HHH/Taker last night. Having so many big names build the two up made the match seem important. I didn't even mind HBK's videos over the last few weeks.

My annoynaces come with the fact the two men themselves are not doing much to build what should be the biggest match in recent times. HHH and Taker have both continued to cut the exact same generic promo they have for every other feud. There's really nothing different about what they are saying week in, week out when there is so much they could draw on there. It's simple, and that's ok, but it's also slightly lazy in my opinion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is the 3rd Raw thread, I've put a warning in and the first time this is an official mod warning:

I dont care who you think is at fault, or why you feel the need to highlight anybodys posting but personal comments are not allowed. If someone refuses to budge from an opinion that is there right and you are left with only two choices, Ignore or report. If that poster is not breaking any boards rules yet still annoying you I urge you to add them to your ignore list (thats why the function exists) becuase if you decide to take matters into your own hands all you will be doing is forcing the mods (who are just fellow posters and would prefer not to) to take action against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

The convienient addition of the Orton Express was dumb but Punk's "Ahhhhhh! Shaddap!" made up for it.

Doubt it will go anyway but it was good to see Eve actually bothering to stand up to Michael Cole's BS. Thought Lawler got a decent showing too. Allowed to stand up for his family but Swagger outclasses him.

Upside down W makes the belt look sillier as it doesn't really look like an M that close to the camera. Just an upside down logo. At least replace the plate with one that has the red underlining the M. Edge had his custom belt for about two weeks aswell. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ridley wrote: »

Doubt it will go anyway but it was good to see Eve actually bothering to stand up to Michael Cole's BS. Thought

Wouldn't totally shock me to see all the divas interfere and get their revenge on Cole during the Mania match, thus leaving Lawler at the end to celebrate with the divas.I think King would be ok with that.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ridley wrote: »
    The convienient addition of the Orton Express was dumb but Punk's "Ahhhhhh! Shaddap!" made up for it.

Had to laugh at that too,my brother was hoping he'd belt the window with the wrench to scare her more.It would of been cool if orton bled & punk put a bloody hand on the window. That Orton Express bus was so cheesy reminded me of the Lex Express.

I missed the first hour.How bad was Cole mocking JR's Cerebal Paulsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't totally shock me to see all the divas interfere and get their revenge on Cole during the Mania match, thus leaving Lawler at the end to celebrate with the divas.I think King would be ok with that.:pac:

Stone Cold, Lawler and Eve in an alcohol free booze up I'd say after the match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    I missed the first hour.How bad was Cole mocking JR's Cerebal Paulsy.

em, you mean Bell's Palsy :o But I didn't catch that at all, neither did the podcasts I listen to...Are you sure? I'd think the internet would be in an uproar if that were true.

Cole was the only saving grace I had for this week's show. Didn't enjoy it much....maybe it's taking it's toll just pushing Mania matches and not having any decent TV matches... I'm sure next week will be super though

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    em, you mean Bell's Palsy :o But I didn't catch that at all, neither did the podcasts I listen to...Are you sure? I'd think the internet would be in an uproar if that were true.

Cole was the only saving grace I had for this week's show. Didn't enjoy it much....maybe it's taking it's toll just pushing Mania matches and not having any decent TV matches... I'm sure next week will be super though

Sorry about the mix up.I read on prowrestling.net that cole had cotton balls in his cheek or something to that effect.Next week would want to be a improvement the ratings dropped again this week.I think with the Rock coming back & HHH/Taker having a face off there won't be much time for many matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

so cena will win the title............ le yawn.

snoki ? really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How is Alex Riley back :confused:

Is HHH putting anything on the line against Taker, his promo suggested his career maybe but I dont think he is

I said before the one match build the best going into Mania is Cole V Lawler. I cant wait for Cole get his comeuppance but what then for him SD only.

Jericho was right, Miz is clearly copying him

Rjd2 wrote: »

Spot on there I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Cole Vs Lawler in a lumber-jill match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What did Cole do to the Divas?

I have to say maybe it is time I quit watching Raw. I simply do not enjoy it anymore. I have enjoyed 1 or 2 in the last 6 months Id say. Mondays was a frigging disgrace again.

At least they finally acknowledged that Cena and Miz are actually supposed to be feuding.

The Orton Punk feud is going well as well, but I just cannot take Orton seriously as a face.

The Cole/Lawler thing is just annoying.

HHH / Taker is so staid. I think they are trying to build it like a UFC "talking heads" promo, but it is not working. I think the match will be a let down as well, which will be a huge dent to Trippers ego.

All in all - derpa derp.

gimmick wrote: »

HHH / Taker is so staid. I think they are trying to build it like a UFC "talking heads" promo, but it is not working. I think the match will be a let down as well, which will be a huge dent to Trippers ego.

Yeah knowing Taker breaks character to turn up at UFC Events he's obviously a huge fan.How many surgeries have they had between them since their match 10 years ago,at least 20 easily.
    Anyone else hoping Michael Cole gets a piledriver for old times sake.As far as adding lumberjills I wouldn't it already has a guest ref & swagger in his corner. Leave the overbooked mess to Diva matches or Vince Russo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is Alex Riley back :confused:

I assume that Riley was only fired as the Miz's apprentice, not entirely from Raw though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I was half asleep but didn't he say he got rehired in some corporate role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Pentecost wrote: »
    I was half asleep but didn't he say he got rehired in some corporate role?

WWE is running an angle where he is Miz's new "Vice President of Corporate Communications." whatever that means

Advertisement