Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Each Other's Facebook Pages - mark II!

Options
  • 30-01-2011 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A little while back there was a thread on the old Marketing forum: 'Let's promote each other's fan pages'. Tried to add our page there and couldn't realise why I couldn't add a reply until I saw the forum was discontinued! I thought it might be a good idea to revive the thread as it seemed to be very popular.

EDIT: This thread will likely work a lot better if I set it up like the old thread - i.e. as a link exchange. So this is how this thread show now work. Sorry for any confusion!

Hey,

Was just thinking that it would be great (and free) promotion if we listed our Facebook fan pages and then everyone could "Suggest to Friends" for each other.

Rather than just going and suggesting everyone's page, and then getting annoyed if they don't suggest yours - how about you just post your Fan Page URL, then people can PM you and agree for the 2 of you to exchange a "suggestion to all your friends".

To make it easier for all of us, below is instructions to select all friends at once:

You can invite all your friends without clicking them all, by using this simple technique. It works in FireFox, Chrome and Safari Browser but might not work when using Internet Explorer. Just copy this code:

Code:

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

After you copy the code above, go to our page and click "Suggest to friends" button and paste the code in the browsers address bar and hit enter on your keyboard. Finally, click "Send Invitations" after all your friends are highlighted. That's it! Your done...

Looking forward to us all having more facebook fans!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Any clicks on the like button at the bottom of the homepage at www.turfbucket.com also appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Here's mine also,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Happy-Jane/105242452886101

Click "Like" and you could win a FREE prezzy for the girl in your life for

Valentines Day.

Thanks.

Macers wrote: »

Very cool portfolio

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Very cool portfolio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Hi Guys/Gals

I've just Liked the above links.
    Here is mine.. http://www.facebook.com/adspace

Don't forget my site is free and helps with your SEO link-backs etc.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭PSKdesign

Hi, all who have FB links here got a ''LIKE'' from me. I would apreciate if I get a hit from you here:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/PSK-Design/127201913982582
    thanks to all
    cheers
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭PSKdesign

tombull82 wrote: »
    Hi Guys/Gals

I've just Liked the above links.
    Here is mine.. http://www.facebook.com/adspace

Don't forget my site is free and helps with your SEO link-backs etc.

Tom

Nice site Tom, I will definitely use it

Lets keep this going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Happy Jane just liked all you guys. Thanks for the links lads, much needed.

Liked all the above. Here's mine

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spiralli-Business-Solutions/425460200493

I've been meaning to devote some attention to facebook for a while now. Must get a competition going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've been meaning to devote some attention to facebook for a while now. Must get a competition going...

Facebook has been great for my business, I get most of my work from there now, which is mad really. This time last year I had just started it and had 33 friends and family as fans, now I have over a thousand, it's really worth putting some effort into constructing interesting posts and doing the odd competition if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Poppydee

I've liked all the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

http://www.facebook.com/fitzpatricksshoes

Ive liked all the ones posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hi guys,

Got a couple of suggestions that this thread could work out better for everyone if it operated more like the older thread - i.e. with a more clearly defined structure. Have a quick read of the OP again and reach out to fellow posters for any desired link exchanges. Should work more fairly and effectively for everyone in terms of getting extra likes.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 gg1

If anyone would like to swap with me my page is

http://www.facebook.com/First1Date.ie

All 'likes' appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

liking all posted

Here goes

www.facebook.com/tullyvin

Thanks Folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

www.facebook.com/prints4gifts

This is mine, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi everyone, so are people doing the PM/exchange idea? I guess that would be best if you think the page would suit a large portion of your friends as to not to annoy your own friends.

I guess everyone might need a man with a van at some stage, so here's mine :D

www.facebook.com/VanTasks

Also looking to use it a bit more in the future so any friend suggestions would be appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This is mine. Not much to like yet, just trying to get the 25 likes needed to reserve facebook.com/bgofireland :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BG-of-Ireland/119881734746364?ref=sgm

Cheers!

P.S. I've liked all the above :D

liked all of them!

Bump!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

From looking at the Facebook terms it appears that you are not allowed a personal account as well a a business account or they will kick you off. Is it possible to keep the business page created under you personal account completely seperate?

My real name is obviously not a secret to anyone that I'd be doing business with, but I don't want the two worlds to be connected.

I doubt they would find out or else everyone here is screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is it not possible anymore to "suggest to friends" for pages that aren't your own? I can only "Suggest to friends" on my own VanTasks page, but I can't "suggest to friends" on anyone elses page?? What's the best way to suggest somebody elses page, to my own friends does anyone know?

I suppose you could share(bottom left hand corner) with a personal invite?

Although I become a 'fan' of the above these sites I dont get posts showing in my newsfeeds, is that something to do with my own settings or does it vary from page to page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

robinph wrote: »
    Is it possible to keep the business page created under you personal account completely seperate?
    This is the default behaviour.

While 'technically' they are directly linked (e.g. your account administers and edits the page etc.), there is no obvious link between the two for any external parties. Assuming you don't actively post on the page, I'd have no way of knowing that you were the owner of the page.
    Poppydee wrote: »
    I suppose you could share(bottom left hand corner) with a personal invite?
    +1. If you click the share option, there's a sub option to "send as a message instead" (or something close to that).
    Poppydee wrote: »
    Although I become a 'fan' of the above these sites I dont get posts showing in my newsfeeds, is that something to do with my own settings or does it vary from page to page?
    It could be your settings, there is an option in there to block/stop them showing.

If you click on the "Edit Options" at the bottom of your news feed, there's an option there to show 'all' or 'ones you interact with most' (for friends and pages). If you don't frequently check the page, post, interact, etc. this might be filtering it out (also shows why you need to encourage interaction on your FB page, not just the initial likes).

(Slight aside, but when checking the wording of the 'edit options' I was shocked at just how many seriously irritating apps I have in my blocked list. Seriously making me question some of my friends!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement