Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Each Other's Facebook Pages - mark II!

Options

Comments

I've just been through the list again, having a like-fest. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Also last time I gave the long form url. The short one is

http://www.facebook.com/spiralli

I hope a few of you will reciprocate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CheckRaiseIRL

any idea why facebook will not let you create a business account if you already have a personal account?

If I set up a business account from a different email address to the one already registered as my personal account what is the likelihood that the business profile gets shut down?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It does let you create a business page and have a personal account. You do it from within the personal account. Theres a link down the bottom to create a page. Once you have it setup if you look back a few posts I explain how to properly login to it and post as the business and not your personal page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CheckRaiseIRL

I am looking through my target market options on facebook.

I would expect about 5% of this market to click on my ad.

Facebook is giving me 2 options:

1. Pay for impressions (CPM) with a recommended bid range of 0.21-0.3 Euro.

2. Pay for clicks (CPC) with a recommended bid range of 0.49-0.7 Euro.

CPM is clicks per every thousand people who see my ad.

CPC is the one that is confusing me. They hardly expect me to pay ~E0.7 for each individual person who clicks on my ad when 1000 people see my ad for a recommended smaller bid.

Can somebody give their experience with both methods of advertising and for 5% of impressions getting a click which method would you recommend?

If I bid significantly lower than the recommended bid is there a chance that few if any people will see my ad?

Where on a personal profile will my ad appear and is there any recommendations for making it stand out as much as possible?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a read of this, it gives a good insight and explanation into.

http://www.allfacebook.com/cpm-vs-cpc-2010-09

• Advertisement

Have to say im shocked by the lack of effort and expectations of some people on this thread. The amount of people that have came in and posted their own link and then never bothered to 'like' everyone elses is appauling.

There was an updated list put up recently so there is no reason people shouldnt be going in and liking those that have liked them and returned the favour.

Makes the thread pointless if people arent going to make the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I'm coming back here tomorrow to finish my likes. Went through 10 or so but wont post my own link til I've gone through them all. This post will sub me to the thread so I wnt forget :) simples

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Axwell wrote: »
    Have to say im shocked by the lack of effort and expectations of some people on this thread. The amount of people that have came in and posted their own link and then never bothered to 'like' everyone elses is appauling.

There was an updated list put up recently so there is no reason people shouldnt be going in and liking those that have liked them and returned the favour.

Makes the thread pointless if people arent going to make the effort.
    I think you might be a little bit wrong there Axwell. Personally I've noticed the extra interaction from businesses that I'd recognise through Boards here, and I 'liked' as I could. Now, bear in mind that Facebook currently don't add an extra number on to your 'like count' if a Business Page likes your page, comparing to a personal profile, so you've no way of telling how many business have liked you.

And remember that Facebook 'likes' won't determine the success of your business - it's the quality of the interaction and leads that will benefit your business.
    So . . . what I'm trying to say - is that it's not as bad as it seems. :)

P.S. Forgot to say that I've been noticing that in those lists, half the links don't work for me, so I haven't liked the businesses where "The page you requested was not found".

Zonua wrote: »
    Now, bear in mind that Facebook currently don't add an extra number on to your 'like count' if a Business Page likes your page, comparing to a personal profile, so you've no way of telling how many business have liked you.

That is incorrect, I explained a few posts ago how you can see how many pages have liked you as well as people. There is a filter to show you so you can quite easily tell who hasnt liked you and going through that I can easily see I have liked plenty who havent returned the favour and im sure there are others in the same situation. In fact I have gone to the bother of posting on those walls that did because I could see who did and said thanks for the like.

I agree the amount of likes wont determine how your business succeeds but the point of the thread is to like each others page, not just stick up your own and let everyone else go to the bother of liking it and then not return the favour. If people arent going to bother then its just taking advantage of getting a few extra likes for themselves in which case the thread might aswell not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've been watching this page for new pages to like but have only been liking the pages that are suitable for VanTasks to like or that aren't conflicting with close friends/families business - Axwell this was you, but I liked you anyway just now :D Zonua too actually but they liked and posted on my wall. I only used the filter thing this morning for the first time too :) Thanks for the tip!

I don't think it should be expected to like every page but as long as everyone is checking back to the thread and liking a few pages here and there then there should be an even distribution of likes for everyone and the thread should keep going and the posters should keep getting more likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

I have liked everyone by my personal profile, it doesn't count to your public like count if you like from business mode....

I apologise to Happy Jane Toys, but before I realised where you came from I deleted and blocked u from my business page, I thought someone was pulling my leg as Happy Jane was very close to my name of Happy Cake toppers... to be honest if I had known I probably still wouldn't have liked the page anyway (couldn't cope with the ribbing my friends would have given me, and I'm a bit of a prude anyway sorry :( )

cormie wrote: »
    I don't think it should be expected to like every page but as long as everyone is checking back to the thread and liking a few pages here and there then there should be an even distribution of likes for everyone and the thread should keep going and the posters should keep getting more likes.

I agree with this, I was speaking more about the case where some people havent liked anyone but have people liking them. If everyone makes an effort then everyone benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

That is incorrect, I explained a few posts ago how you can see how many pages have liked you as well as people.
    I meant the likes shown on your page won't show the likes that include business.
    In fact I have gone to the bother of posting on those walls that did because I could see who did and said thanks for the like.
    But that's not bother - you won't get any benefit from a business 'liking' you or you 'liking' them if there's no interaction.
    I agree the amount of likes wont determine how your business succeeds but the point of the thread is to like each others page, not just stick up your own and let everyone else go to the bother of liking it and then not return the favour.
    Fair point, but from what I can see both on FB and here, it seems that people are working well - maybe, like was mentioned above, you have a business that is perceived at being 'in competition' with some others?

Edit: Sorry if this is diverting the thread topic away from the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Zonua wrote: »
    I think you might be a little bit wrong there Axwell. Personally I've noticed the extra interaction from businesses that I'd recognise through Boards here, and I 'liked' as I could. Now, bear in mind that Facebook currently don't add an extra number on to your 'like count' if a Business Page likes your page, comparing to a personal profile, so you've no way of telling how many business have liked you.

And remember that Facebook 'likes' won't determine the success of your business - it's the quality of the interaction and leads that will benefit your business.
    So . . . what I'm trying to say - is that it's not as bad as it seems. :)

P.S. Forgot to say that I've been noticing that in those lists, half the links don't work for me, so I haven't liked the businesses where "The page you requested was not found".

I agree with Zonua that if your clicking the "like" button from a page it won't it increase the numbers that like it. Only people liking from their personal profile will increase it.

But anything you post on your page should show up to both types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've liked quite a personally, I'll go back over it again later on with the company profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

Hi all, I've just added a new page to my facebook profile Happy Home Crafts (need more fans to get a link thingy...) so if you are feeling a little bit generous with your time if you could do a wee search and find me, my pic is a pretty pink lacy heart shape magnet... thanks a mill peeps! xx

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Happy-Home-Crafts/217740418239664?sk=wall

Thats the link to it for now, just to make it easier for people.

Post the new one when you get enough fans and ill add it to the list.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

jojoba wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-soapbox/139361837210

Hi Please have a look at the Facebook page of My Small Business
    The Soapbox .
    You should be seeing our products in healthfood stores nationwide really soon too!

You have to Like the other people's fan pages as well just to let you know.

You have to Like the other people's fan pages as well just to let you know.

They dont HAVE to do anything, it would be appreciated if people did. They however have already liked most of the pages on here including yours already...just to let you know :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

They dont HAVE to do anything, it would be appreciated if people did. They however have already liked most of the pages on here including yours already...just to let you know :rolleyes:

oh my bad :cool:

• Advertisement

Folks, I'm trying to "share" a good video I saw on my personal page, from my business page, but can't seem to find the video on the business page and can't get the link from my personal page to work. It's not a youtube video, it's an ajax/flash pop-up video from the sponsored ads on the right hand side from the RSA on Motorway driving.

I tried copy and paste the link that opens the video from my personal page, it doesn't do anything when entered in firefox by itself in the address bar and since I "switched" to my business page, the link isn't opening. I liked it with my personal page, but can't see anywhere that says I liked it.

The link for the video to play is this:
    https://www.facebook.com/ajax/emu/end.php?eid=AQCv1u0iQ1q1JksiVpjwEFZubueExgk7TNE3S8oAO3JcyCZWmf2o2un_bfzZWgqVjmx-vaxV9F3lIs_qgUKlk26lj8e-_M_F3Wyj6S02YWkZ93cXs47hKZKLL8sPII8WIDlYggubL3ZPrdYI67awLRmmlwE1qnq0is3zcIOpiD8WSKaEQ7mysbsZXbU6igk4roBaiY8gGjO5T-G2YuyxGtLeTKhlJuAcxscQjZGi4zYxBlTjatxludyl3Olr3dwi4jPinAqruWHsn2O0K4HWWi-6qMmcsOkYOhkoUu-1wlWzTT-BsI2F8kbcwq7exVtkK9a5Mu3cpCnhCoQJNVeIp0LszcdPtqQFGbccvDMjgQx7jyrTyUX_eFFt3L_Xg_Qm6b0Wzw9cq8QTI0yUz7ZuWzSEzNWNi2oD6DRgTAnXhz6qPbMAIu9STpYrWTzQaW_O7AtiXhEKmOxDyYkA8X1Jx02PJnGqQgd5LBJSXQ5wwnHgUM9TiKVSazlmvmImgdNiFbr0btEeiguJM3TOinREFEcOodFPM1OuvK1FVu61ICqdlY3RgypApP1MjqaIha7HWyD1F2bA-tqsyG1vAEtTdqO2_uIeDSYFK3UuhgwFkIH7qmj9T_U3LB4pqWjYuw45pgtkpvDnT4O07vVg6qcvWHaLC93Q0UihxDs2ITJtVfaD26ZzCv55qHpHZrqOn7cwGxfd4kdHvZMeScEi9dVrwzn7_SCB9Nbbcpcevxx1UqMoGA&c=3&f=0&ui=6003187734605-id_4dc831faa5a2e6e03505598&en=fad_videoplay&a=1

Has anyone any ideas?

A link for the image on the adverts is here if it makes a difference: https://secure-media-snc1.fbcdn.net/v41818/flyers/80/35/13038137641992205823_1_93bc5b76.jpg

Ah, found the video in the end on vimeo.com so just did the usual way. It's at www.facebook.com/VanTasks for those curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

I think I have liked everyones page on this list so far,

A few likes in return would be appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ballinlough-Refrigeration-Ltd/75524954365

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Ok then I've just finished liking everyone on the list ( mods might do an update on said list as some of those pages are gone now!)

I'd love to get some more likes on mine if at all possible.
    It's just a page for my photography and I dont spam like crazy and my photographs arent bad I'm told.

Thanks!!

http://www.facebook.com/PaulWilsonPhotography

Ok then I've just finished liking everyone on the list ( mods might do an update on said list as some of those pages are gone now!)

It's just a page for my photography and I dont spam like crazy and my photographs arent bad I'm told.

Thanks!!

Cheers, just returned the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

joewicklow wrote: »
    I think I have liked everyones page on this list so far,

A few likes in return would be appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ballinlough-Refrigeration-Ltd/75524954365

Joe,

have liked you twice ! once from my personal profile and once from my facebook page (RDG Logistics)

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Thanks!!

Hi Paul, as with Joe Wicklow, so good I did it twice ! Feel free to like me back ...... (RDG Logistics)

Another bump :D facebook.com/Water4YOU

Who here is behind the Quickstitch Embroidery page?

First off, just to suggest changing your page to an actual business page as I would have been able to ask this question on your own page, but where are you based and would doing a multi coloured embroider of the logo on www.vantasks.ie be possible or would it have to be the one colour? What's the turn around time? Could I call in and wait, or would it be a day or two for set up and completion? I've a feeling you're in Maynooth which may be a bit far but let me know anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

cormie wrote: »
    Who here is behind the Quickstitch Embroidery page?

First off, just to suggest changing your page to an actual business page as I would have been able to ask this question on your own page, but where are you based and would doing a multi coloured embroider of the logo on www.vantasks.ie be possible or would it have to be the one colour? What's the turn around time? Could I call in and wait, or would it be a day or two for set up and completion? I've a feeling you're in Maynooth which may be a bit far but let me know anyway :)

I follow them...They are amazing...used them for my company shirts and jackets which includes loads of colours and spaces/text. Found the pricing very competitive and service very efficient. And yes they are opening in a retail space in maynooth this week if it's not already, was based in kilkock before. If u pm me, I can give you the guys number so u can call him. He'll be able answer the rest of your questions!!!

Hope that helps!

Rameire

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement