Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Not looking good for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

What a brilliant episode of Emmerdale. Derek, set up as a comedy character for months and months all of a sudden turns out to be a vicious psychopath. What a card to pull out of nowhere. Poor Lisa.
    But in fairness, if you were going to force yourself on anybody in the village, would it be her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

But in fairness, if you were going to force yourself on anybody in the village, would it be her?

Why cos all heavy/ older women are dogs are they? Do me a favour!!!!

Did it ever come in to your head that he preyed on her because shes been married for years/hubby doesnt appricate her anymore/ she is self concious... so he flirts with her in front of all the factory girls and she flirts back too for a bit of fun.

So then he rapes her- and to the factory girls its "The 2 of them were always flirting, she must have slept with him and regretted it so she pretended he raped her"

And dont dismiss it- I know a woman who did that- flirtn mad with a man, slept with him , then claimed he raped her.It does happen in real life

That was a mistake, I shouldn't have said it and I'm sorry. Tbh, I'm having an off day with my jokes and that isn't funny. Let me assure you that I have nothing against people that are over weight. In fact, I way prefer real women with a bit of meat on their bones. Lisa is such a lovely person that I can only hope to some day meet a woman as good as her that would accept me despite my many faults.

I agree with you on your second point, and personally know not one, but two women that cried rape. As a man, it is a scary thought. Once accused forever dirty. Even if you are proven innocent.

However I disagree with you on your second point. You imply that Derek is planning the rape all along, and that Lisa is partially culpable in it, however I feel that Derek has built up a complete fantasy relationship with Lisa. In fact, it has gone so far, that when Lisa begs and pleads crying for him to stop, he dismisses it as guilt over Zach. He uses those exact words. In his own head he is totally convinced that they are in a relationship-he's not planning the crime he's living it.
    Lisa has made it perfectly clear over the last couple of weeks that she is not interested in him in that respect. Every time the factory girls make a comment about them she asks them to stop forcefully. Every time Derek makes a comment she dismisses it, every time he points out one of Zach's faults, she either defends him or tells Derek how much she loves Zach. Every time

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

The last time i saw Emmerdale was the day before Chaz's wedding but i was absolutely shocked when i read about the attack on Lisa! Obviously i didn't see it but from what i read on digitalspy the scene really was done with some pretty hard hitting detail :(

EDIT: By the way does anyone know the name of the person who play's Derek on the show?

• Advertisement

annieire wrote: »
    EDIT: By the way does anyone know the name of the person who play's Derek on the show?

Stephen Bent is the actors name. He appeared in a lot of British made things. he was a referee in Mean Machine and i remember he played a criminal in Life on Mars in 2nd series.I think he was also in 'Where the heart is'

Have to say well done Emmerdale for the way they have engineered this storyline. i didn't see that coming. My bet would have been a full blown affair along with a lot of others i imagine. Just goes to show how narrow minded peolple can be i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,402 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What a brilliant episode of Emmerdale. Derek, set up as a comedy character for months and months all of a sudden turns out to be a vicious psychopath. What a card to pull out of nowhere. Poor Lisa.

Lisa is a great character plus at least the actress who plays can act - could you imagine Eve or Katie trying to pull of a rape storyline :rolleyes:

Derek looks like a Chuckle Brother :D anyways I cant wait for Zak to find out I'm sure him and/or Cain will rough Derek up

I think Lisa might confide in Debbie they seem very close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Last nights episode really shocked me even more so than Eastenders baby swap story I honestly did not see that coming
    I taught they might start an affair that Derek fella better watch out Cain/Zak are going to rip his sick head apart

Emmerdale keep the rape storyline under wraps whereas Corrie and Eastenders always let spoilers out months in advance so well done Emmerdale

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Derek looks like a Chuckle Brother :D anyways I cant wait for Zak to find out I'm sure him and/or Cain will rough Derek up

I think Lisa's biggest challenge will be convincing her family that she was raped aside from overcoming the trauma.

If Zach, Cain and the rest, do believe Lisa then Derek would be better turning himself in or else face Dingle 'justice'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

123balltv wrote: »
    I taught they might start an affair that Derek fella better watch out Cain/Zak are going to rip his sick head apart

There was a story put out that there was an affair to happen down the line. Its hardly going to happen now.

I think Lisa's biggest challenge will be convincing her family that she was raped aside from overcoming the trauma.

If Zach, Cain and the rest, do believe Lisa then Derek would be better turning himself in or else face Dingle 'justice'.

I dont think they will believe her, but did we see a mark on Lisa's arm last night that she tried to cover up.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I dont think they will believe her, but did we see a mark on Lisa's arm last night that she tried to cover up.

Yes her arm was bruised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

You imply that Derek is planning the rape all along

I feel that Derek has built up a complete fantasy relationship with Lisa. In fact, it has gone so far, that when Lisa begs and pleads crying for him to stop, he dismisses it as guilt over Zach.

Ya but its hard to determine weather or not hes just a mental case who thinks hes in a relationship, or a very vindictive person who though ahead and figured that playing "crazy" would make her warm to him

Either way hes a fruit loop- remember after he raped her he says "What kind of a gentleman would i be if i didnt make you a cup of tea afterwards"

*shivers*:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Bravo lisa dingle (jane cox) fantastic acting
    my heart goes out to her

123balltv wrote: »
    Bravo lisa dingle (jane cox) fantastic acting
    my heart goes out to her

Lisa playing a blinder. Clever writing the way two of the more stronger female characters have had their vulnerabilities exposed (in different ways obviously) the last few months. Remember the Charlie/Diane storyline and now poor Lisa.

Whats the story with Doug and the suit? Is Diane starting to show a soft spot for him?

Lisa playing a blinder. Clever writing the way two of the more stronger female characters have had their vulnerabilities exposed (in different ways obviously) the last few months. Remember the Charlie/Diane storyline and now poor Lisa.

Whats the story with Doug and the suit? Is Diane starting to show a soft spot for him?

Yes great acting by Jane Cox as Lisa

Doug seems to have a new lady and Diane looks jealous to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Yes I think it is him also

I thought that too but wasn't that done already with Louise (Emily Symons) and Ray?
    I would be stunned if it was Andy tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Whats the story with Doug and the suit?

Is Doug leaving soon?

Anyone know who is to die in the fire next week. Hopefully Brenda and Gennie.

I too hope Tweedledum and Tweedledee (Brenda and Gennie) go soon. Anyone think it could be Sally Spode (Ashley's bunny boiler) back to start the fire?

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Is Doug leaving soon?

Anyone know who is to die in the fire next week. Hopefully Brenda and Gennie.

Wrong on both.

A male and a female will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Viv dies
    which paves the way for
    Kellys return
    and I think
    maybe Jackson

Viv dies
    which paves the way for
    Kellys return
    and I think
    maybe Jackson

First name is correct, had said he/she did not want a new contract, last name is wrong according to the Emmerdale Forum. The name in the middle is also returning. It was in the papers not so long ago.

Ya but its hard to determine weather or not hes just a mental case who thinks hes in a relationship, or a very vindictive person who though ahead and figured that playing "crazy" would make her warm to him

Either way hes a fruit loop- remember after he raped her he says "What kind of a gentleman would i be if i didnt make you a cup of tea afterwards"

*shivers*:(

Yeah, and after watching the Friday night episode it looks like you could be right. He looked nervously worried when he asked Zak why Lisa wasn't in work.

Jackson and his mother Hazel are staying around longer as they have signed extensions to their contracts

I think Viv does die dont know who else

Carl saves Chas I think

SNF11TV1XX_682_1224847a.jpg

EMMERDALE fans are blazing mad after the show's chiefs spoiled their OWN death fire mystery.
    Two of the soap's favourites are due to perish this Thursday after an arson attack.

Bosses had teasingly hinted that up to seven of the characters were at risk, sparking a Corrie tram-crash style cliffhanger.

But they then blew their own secret by announcing who dies to TV listings mags.

TV Biz is not revealing the names so as not to spoil the suspense further. But the plot summary for the day after the tragedy in one listings mag reads: "The village pays tribute to ***** and *****."

And fans complained that after reading the Radio Times online listings it was obvious who died - because two characters were no longer in the cast list. One fan said: "It seems daft to create all that build-up and then give away what happens."

Viv, played by Deena Payne, was known to be leaving the show after her character was axed and was tipped to be one of the fatalities.

But the second death was supposed to be a mystery, with Emmerdale releasing a picture of all those in the frame.

Possible victims included Betty Eagleton (Paula Tilbrook), Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) and Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams). The others were Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop), Terry Woods (Billy Hartman) and Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward), whose angry ex Andy has a history of arson.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3342029/Soap-fury-as-fire-dead-on-Emmerdale-revealed.html

SNF11TV1XX_682_1224847a.jpg

EMMERDALE fans are blazing mad after the show's chiefs spoiled their OWN death fire mystery.
    Two of the soap's favourites are due to perish this Thursday after an arson attack.

Bosses had teasingly hinted that up to seven of the characters were at risk, sparking a Corrie tram-crash style cliffhanger.

But they then blew their own secret by announcing who dies to TV listings mags.

TV Biz is not revealing the names so as not to spoil the suspense further. But the plot summary for the day after the tragedy in one listings mag reads: "The village pays tribute to ***** and *****."

And fans complained that after reading the Radio Times online listings it was obvious who died - because two characters were no longer in the cast list. One fan said: "It seems daft to create all that build-up and then give away what happens."

Viv, played by Deena Payne, was known to be leaving the show after her character was axed and was tipped to be one of the fatalities.

But the second death was supposed to be a mystery, with Emmerdale releasing a picture of all those in the frame.

Possible victims included Betty Eagleton (Paula Tilbrook), Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) and Gennie Walker (Sian Reese-Williams). The others were Brenda Walker (Lesley Dunlop), Terry Woods (Billy Hartman) and Katie Sugden (Sammy Winward), whose angry ex Andy has a history of arson.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3342029/Soap-fury-as-fire-dead-on-Emmerdale-revealed.html

I think everyone knows that Viv is one as Deena Payne is leaving the show for good and the second one is lets put it this way, there will be an Orphan in the village.

So it is Viv and Terry

:(

Who was your man that started the fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

wasn't it Katie's cop 'friend'....who's name escapes me????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement