Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

NickDrake wrote: »
    The storyline with Holly is outstanding.

The girl playing Holly is a fantastic actor and is really putting in a stunning performance. Big future ahead of her.

It's a good storyline but christ that actress is just appalling. I have no empathy for Holly at all, because the actress is so wooden.

Still fair play to Emmerdale for giving young actors such big storylines. Think the guy who plays Jackson is doing very well. Well able to hold his own away from the whole Aaron stoyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Macca3000 wrote: »
    It's a good storyline but christ that actress is just appalling. I have no empathy for Holly at all, because the actress is so wooden.

Still fair play to Emmerdale for giving young actors such big storylines. Think the guy who plays Jackson is doing very well. Well able to hold his own away from the whole Aaron stoyline.

totally disagree. Think the girl playinh Hollis is excellent and I think the guy playing Jackson is wooden.

Different opinions I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 85,697 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NickDrake wrote: »
    totally disagree. Think the girl playinh Hollis is excellent and I think the guy playing Jackson is wooden.

Different opinions I suppose

I'm the opposite I think the actors who play Jackson and Aaron are great and the actress who plays Holly is crap

I hope Jackson makes a recovery
    and not die as is rumoured that he asks Aaron to help him die

Does anyone else think Terry is better with Viv than Brenda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite I think the actors who play Jackson and Aaron are great and the actress who plays Holly is crap

I hope Jackson makes a recovery
    and not die as is rumoured that he asks Aaron to help him die

Does anyone else think Terry is better with Viv than Brenda

Yes but she is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i have a hunch that jackson will beg adam to help him die cos he can not come to terms with his broken body., he broke down last night saying he cant deal with it.

• Advertisement

Lisa Dingle
    to stray with co-worker Derek

Monday 20th

Fears are growing after another cold night with no sign of Jacob, and as the search continues, everyone's terrified that time could be running out. The villagers rally round, but Alicia falls apart when she's informed that a family liaison officer is on his way round. Leyla tries to support her sister, while David comforts Justin who's struggling to cope and blaming Alicia.
    Returning back from a police press conference, the atmosphere between Alicia and Justin is brittle as he continues to accuse her of being a bad mother. Biting back that she's the one who's brought him up, Justin is incensed and blurts out that he's more right to Jacob than anyone - he's his natural father. Leyla pales as David looks at her in disbelief.
    Meanwhile, Rhona summons Marlon and Paddy and admits all she can think about is her baby and she doesn't think she can let it go now. Both men are thrilled and vow to stick by her. As she talks about the future, Marlon's elated he's going to be a dad and can't hold back his tears.
    Elsewhere, Hazel works out who her mystery benefactor is; Maisie gives Will a letter from Natasha and he angrily tears it up, shouting that he just wants his dad back; and Gennie informs a half-flattered Lisa that Derek seems to be holding a torch for her.

550w_emmerdale_5793_2.jpg

Tues 21st

Numbed with shock, David looks to Leyla, who can't find the strength to deny Justin's claim and crumbles. With Jacob lost and her world falling apart, Alicia is incensed. Turning on Leyla, she slaps her hard in the face. David angrily laughs at the irony of thinking they were having an affair, but when Leyla guiltily claims it was a lie that saved a lot of heartache, Alicia cuts in - what kind of woman sleeps with her man and gives her the baby in consolation?
    As David pulls Alicia away, she despairs that they've always quarrelled but deep down she thought Leyla gave her Jacob because she loved her, not out of guilt. After pleading for forgiveness, Leyla cries that she regrets her night with Justin but she can't regret Jacob. We then see that Jacob has holed himself up in a derelict house - the stairs collapse, trapping him…
    Meanwhile, Declan is not happy when Ella innocently mentions she's invited his dad Dermot over. As Dermot arrives in the village, he receives a warm welcome from Ella and Mia, while Declan remains reserved and tries to bribe his father to stay away.
    Elsewhere, Chas is taken aback when Carl gives her a proper proposal and hands over a stunning diamond ring, and Maisie and Nikhil enlist Ryan to help with Will's grief.

Wed 22nd

Jacob has been missing for three days and messages of support flood in as the search appeal goes national. Up on the moors, everyone is searching and when a faint whimper is heard from a disused building followed by a crash, Leyla and David panic upon realising Jacob is trapped.
    Leyla makes to go inside, but David pulls her back claiming it's too dangerous - he'll go. Inside, as the building starts to crumble further, David sees Jacob. More debris falls, but Jacob puts himself in jeopardy to rescue him. Will both escape unharmed?
    Meanwhile, Charity can see Chas is falling for Carl all over again and reminds her that no matter how pretty the diamond ring is, it doesn't take away months of lies. Later, Chas feels uncomfortable as Carl cuddles her on the sofa with one hand on her 'pregnant' stomach. Will she be able to dismiss her feelings for him and go through with the big day?
    Elsewhere, Dermot's behaviour at Home Farm starts to annoy Declan, and Nikhil feels jealous that Will would prefer to spend time with Ryan rather than him.

550w_emmerdale_5795_3.jpg

Thurs 23rd

It's the night of Chas's hen do, and as the festivities get under way and all the girls get their sexy santa costumes on, Chas tries to blot out her feelings. Although she's enjoying giving Eve the majority of dares, Chas is saddened to realise how much she and Carl share when she plays Mr and Mrs.
    When Carl smiles at her from across the bar, Chas is hit by the fact this is all a sham and slips away from the party. Carl notices she's gone, but when Eve approaches having had one too many and being very tactile, he has to tell her to back off. Cain sees them together, and thinking he's caught them at it, punches Carl.
    Meanwhile, unable to stomach her lies, David leaves Leyla to stay at the B&B. At the hospital, Justin tells Alicia that Jacob is clearly not happy where he is and should stay with him. Alicia and Leyla protest and Justin claims he will fight for custody.
    Elsewhere, Katie loses patience with Andy and Henshall; a mystery begins when Val opens a card for Pollard from someone called Elizabeth; Hazel panics when the council informs her that they're sending someone over to the house; and things are awkward between Scarlett and Adam.

550w_emmerdale_5796_1.jpg

550w_emmerdale_5796_5.jpg

23rd Dec

Charity and Jimmy quickly intervene in Cain and Carl's brawl and Charity drags Cain into the loos. Filling him in about their plan for the sham wedding, she tears a strip off him for nearly ruining everything. Cain is greatly amused by their scheming and hurries to make things up with Carl. He apologises, blaming it all on Eve - insisting he'd made a mistake. Carl can't believe he got away with it.
    At Mill, a tearful Chas sits alone, confused by her feelings. Carl arrives back worried about where she'd gone, and her heart breaks to see his concern at her 'pregnancy'. Unable to resist, she gives in to her feelings and kisses him passionately…
    Meanwhile, Alicia tells Leyla that she's grateful for her support over Justin, but it can't take away her hurt at the betrayal. Leyla insists she'll stand by her sister and fight with her if Justin tries to take Jacob away.
    Elsewhere, Declan vows that he will only tolerate Dermot until Boxing Day, and Katie tells Andy to butt out of her life but then worries she's been too harsh.

24th December

Hazel and Aaron are gutted when they go to collect Jackson and the doctor informs them that there's been a slight complication and he needs to stay overnight.
    At the hospital, it's getting late and Jackson's surprised when Aaron arrives, telling him he wasn't going to let him spend Christmas Eve alone. As they watch a DVD on Jackson's bed, there's a tender but bittersweet moment of closeness between them.
    Meanwhile, Charity is floored when Chas defends Carl after she tries to imply that he and Eve were up to something last night and warns her not to put the brakes on this now. Later, Charity can't believe it when Chas tells her she doesn't know what to do - all she knows is that she loves Carl and she needs some space…
    Elsewhere, Declan is unable to resist Ella's attraction when they kiss under the mistletoe; Pollard panics when he overhears Amy taking a Christmas dinner booking for one from a lady called Elizabeth; Eve is grateful when Edna tells her that she'll come to the wedding to support her; and Katie and Gennie are being plagued by nuisance calls.

Christmas Day - 25th of Dec

It's the day of Carl and Chas's wedding, and while there's a happy atmosphere at Brook Cottage with Carl, Chas is dreading the day ahead at Mill Cottage. Finally in her wedding dress and looking beautiful, Chas contemplates how she feels about being a bride. She's surprised when Paddy shows up with a gift, apologising for not being able to make it and claiming that she and Carl are meant to be together.
    At the church, Charity is dumbfounded when Chas starts to walk down the aisle with Zak. Will she go ahead with her plan and expose the affair, humiliating Carl at the altar? Or will she make her way down the aisle and marry the man she clearly still loves?
    Meanwhile, Aaron and Hazel are both excited as they finally take Jackson home. In Dale Head, Jackson is both sobered and impressed to see his new living arrangements. Later, Aaron hopes he's had a good day and Jackson tells him that he genuinely couldn't think of anywhere he'd rather be.
    Elsewhere, Katie's thrown when Henshall comes all the way to the village on Christmas Day to give her a present; Pollard is on edge as he awaits the arrival of dinner guest Elizabeth; and Rhona looks to the future with Paddy and Marlon's support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Lisa Dingle
    to stray with co-worker Derek

Yeah kinda saw that coming - they are always having a laugh and flirt which in soapland means it will develop!
    do you reckon Chas will go through with the wedding?

550w_emmerdale_5796_1.jpg

Lisa and Lizzy look a little out of place with this lot. What a pity they dont bring back Tina.

optogirl wrote: »
    Yeah kinda saw that coming - they are always having a laugh and flirt which in soapland means it will develop!
    do you reckon Chas will go through with the wedding?

I think she will marry him and then dump him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭baldbear

Good to see Frank Kelly, "Feck, drink,arse" is what i'm expecting him to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Good god, Debbie is hot with the blonde hair wearing the santa suit.. It's kind of got me excited about what might be under the tree on the 25th..

It is so unusual to see Frank Kelly play a serious roll. I keep thinking we will see him break into Fr Jack, Dr Astro or your man on the public pay phone in Anois is Aris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Elizabeth was Pollards wife....my mother said that he appeared to murder her years ago...I cant remember what she said happened but something did to cover things up for him (the plane crash maybe, it was before I started watching it )

solerina wrote: »
    Elizabeth was Pollards wife....my mother said that he appeared to murder her years ago...I cant remember what she said happened but something did to cover things up for him (the plane crash maybe, it was before I started watching it )

She died the night of the plane crash. She and Eric had had a rough before she died.

So Chas didnt marry Carl - where will she live now with Charity and Cain or with Katie

I do think they will get back together later on down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Bloody hell, thats our Frank Kelly I see there.Acting jobs must be really bad over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Am I alone in thinking the creepy cop is Katie's stalker, not Andy who's just too obvious?

zimovain wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking the creepy cop is Katie's stalker, not Andy who's just too obvious?

Yes I think it is him also

zimovain wrote: »

Could it be the Copper trying to get himself a roof over his head.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Could it be the Copper trying to get himself a roof over his head.
    but why is he in emmerdale anyway , he is a twat of an actor.

Emmerdale's Chris Bisson has revealed that 2011 will see his character Jai Sharma "actively" attempt to woo Charity Tate.

In a preview of what viewers of the Yorkshire soap can expect next year, Collins teased that Jai will battle against Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley) to win Charity's (Emma Atkins) affections.

"[There is a] big story for Jai," he told the soap's official website. "A big love story potentially building with Charity. [He is] actively trying to steal Charity from right under Cain's nose.

"Obviously there will be plenty of fireworks and a big stand-off between the two lads. Jai isn't intimidated by Cain - which throws Cain because he is used to getting his own way and intimidating people. Jai stands up to and we're going to see how that plays out."

Atkins added that Cain grows possessive of Charity, which serves only to push her away even more.

"She keeps her distance when she knows she is being tracked like that," she said. "She is basically saying, 'The more you do that, the worse it's going to get'.

Former The Bill actor Dominic Power has joined the cast of Emmerdale.

The actor, who played PC Leon Taylor in the police drama, will take on the role of striking stranger Cameron Murray, who arrives in the village to see Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb).

Sparks will fly between the pair as it is clear that the two have a shared history from Debbie's recent time in Jersey. However, she is unhappy to see her ex arrive in village, revealing complications about their past.

"Cameron is a strong, sharp-tongued and defiant character," Power said of the role. "He is essentially a good guy but has a darker, edgier side to him. I can't wait to start filming in the New Year and the cast have already been really welcoming."

Executive producer Steve November added: "We are delighted to welcome Dominic to the cast. 2011 is going to be a dramatic year for Debbie Dingle and Cameron will be integral to her story."

Power will make his on-screen debut as Cameron in March 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

jimmyw wrote: »
    Bloody hell, thats our Frank Kelly I see there.Acting jobs must be really bad over here.

God, Frank Kelly is a woeful tv actor. He is much better suited to the stage where he can overact and exaggerate all his facial expressions.
    He is so annoying on Emmerdale.

I hope Adam and Mia get together soon - serious sexual tension going on there! I hope the producers don't drag it out too long!

bubbaloo wrote: »
    God, Frank Kelly is a woeful tv actor. He is much better suited to the stage where he can overact and exaggerate all his facial expressions.

I hope Adam and Mia get together soon - serious sexual tension going on there! I hope the producers don't drag it out too long!

I cant stand Mia or Scarlett

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

He is so annoying on Emmerdale.QUOTE]

I'm not warming to the character at all and the accent does nothing for me but seeing as Frank is Irish im going to give him time to ease into the role.

He is suited to Comedy acting far more to straight acting. Give him a chance however. Maybe the script writers should look at themselves and get him in with some of the comedy story lines and see how he goes from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Was she about to get raped? That was odd..

just watching lisa being man handled by (sorry i dont remember name) that brut of a man.thought it wud only be a kiss, and was thinking she be stronger than him and fight him off.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Was she about to get raped? That was odd..

Yes it looks that way poor Lisa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement