Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

chuckles30 wrote: »
    wasn't it Katie's cop 'friend'....who's name escapes me????

Yes , Detective Nick Henshall because Katie dumped him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

exactly.....I should have known it!!! And he's excellently placed to frame Andy for it......and will never be suspected himself as he probably knows all the tricks to avoid leaving evidence.....

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MiloYossarian

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Who was your man that started the fire.

It was Billy Joel. Oh wait...he DIDN'T start the fire.

Well done Emmerdale again. It was obvious to most of us that it was the cop that was ringing, harassing and breaking into Katie's bungalow. The writers must have guessed that we would and that is why they showed who lit the blaze and left the drama unfold that way as opposed to the big reveal that would have been a let down.
    Best soap by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That copper dont take rejection very well
    Viv and Terry are the victims of the fire

It was Billy Joel. Oh wait...he DIDN'T start the fire.

And when Emmerdale is burning they'll be no returning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That was done really well, Detective Nick must have killed his own wife too I'd say, he seems like a jealous nutbag.

I'm conviced Betty will go, the actress hasn't looked very well recently and the shot they did of her looking at the photo of her and Seth just seemed like she was saying goodbye to the show.

Was it just me or were there rumours ages ago that the Dingles would win the lotto? Lisa mentioned it a couple of times on the show that they'd need a lotto win to afford x. Was it a false rumour thrown out there to surprise everyone with the rape storyline?

That was done really well, Detective Nick must have killed his own wife too I'd say, he seems like a jealous nutbag.

I'm conviced Betty will go, the actress hasn't looked very well recently and the shot they did of her looking at the photo of her and Seth just seemed like she was saying goodbye to the show.

Was it just me or were there rumours ages ago that the Dingles would win the lotto? Lisa mentioned it a couple of times on the show that they'd need a lotto win to afford x. Was it a false rumour thrown out there to surprise everyone with the rape storyline?

I think the Dingles filmed a one off special (released on dvd) of them winning the Lotto

I love to see Dingles in Home Farm :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's mad :D

If they lived in Home Farm they'd have every uncle, aunt, cousin they've ever come across living with them too :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I love to see Dingles in Home Farm :cool:

That would be a great storyline :D

Emmerdale's Aaron Livesy is to fall for a new man, with his boyfriend's permission.

Aaron, played by Danny Miller, had his world turned upside down when boyfriend Jackson Walsh (Marc Silcock) was left paralysed in a car crash.

But according to Inside Soap, Jackson encourages Danny not to be tied down, which leads to a meeting with newcomer Flynn (Ryan Prescott).

Danny told the magazine: "He's basically set free by Jackson, who says to him 'I want you to have a good laugh and not be tied down looking after me'.

"So he goes to bar West and meets someone called Flynn while he's there."

Danny said the pair hit it off straight away.

"Aaron's attracted by Flynn's charm and looks. He approaches the relationship in a whole new way. But for Aaron, this year will be more of a rocky road emotionally than ever."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Is the actress who plays Debbie Dingle ill?
    She looks very thin and washed out lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Bubblegums

Hope she isn't ill - Charley Webb (Debbie) had a baby during the year so she is probably on some 'not eating to get the 'baby' weight off celeb stupid diet' ... the blond hair does not suit her, I thought she looked stunningly beautiful with her natural dark hair... why do they all go blonde?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'd say she's just a bit wrecked returning to work so soon after giving birth, don't think she got that much time off. Then again, I don't think she looks different than she used to lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Is anyone else Hating Brenda

She is obsessed with Bob for ages, then latches on to Terry who we all know is a consolation prize. Then its “Bla Bla Bla lets go on a cruise” when its obvious Terry just wants to dump her.

So she finds out Terry had the cheek to dance with Viv and visit her, and she goes all physco. Theres a fire outside but NNNOOOO all she interested in is herself, and when Terry mentions the fire she accuses him of “Trying to change the subject”. So they get over to the fire and she loudly announces that “Terry will be sorry when this is over”

Then when Terry Dies she starts screaming her lungs out, forgetting that she originally ignored anyone elses suffering because she was having a fight with Terry.

Please don’t put her with Bob now. She is the worst Character ever and needs to be gotten rid of!!

Is anyone else Hating Brenda

She is obsessed with Bob for ages, then latches on to Terry who we all know is a consolation prize. Then its “Bla Bla Bla lets go on a cruise” when its obvious Terry just wants to dump her.

So she finds out Terry had the cheek to dance with Viv and visit her, and she goes all physco. Theres a fire outside but NNNOOOO all she interested in is herself, and when Terry mentions the fire she accuses him of “Trying to change the subject”. So they get over to the fire and she loudly announces that “Terry will be sorry when this is over”

Then when Terry Dies she starts screaming her lungs out, forgetting that she originally ignored anyone elses suffering because she was having a fight with Terry.

Please don’t put her with Bob now. She is the worst Character ever and needs to be gotten rid of!!

It is a shame they killed off Viv and Terry because I think they made a great couple

I think Brenda, Katie, Betty and Gennie would have been the better options to kill off

Bob slept with her daughter Gennie so I doubt Brenda would go for him now but you never know

Deena Payne has admitted that she was disappointed by her on-screen exit from Emmerdale.

Viewers saw Viv Hope killed off last night, as the blaze started by DC Nick Henshall spread through the village. She perished alongside Terry (Billy Hartman), who bravely attempted to rescue her from the flat above the shop.

In an interview with The Mirror, Payne slammed her final episodes as an "anti-climax" after spending 18 years playing the character.

"I was very disappointed with my departure," she said. "And I think the viewers will be, too. Having followed Viv for so long and travelled with her on her ups and downs, I think they'd want a better build-up so they could really get into it and give her a good send-off."

She continued: "I was promised a big storyline. Instead it's probably the easiest exit in soap history because I didn't have to act at all. I wasn't even involved in the dramatic rescue scenes.

"Over my three last episodes I had one scene in each, with the house burning down without Viv knowing it - and that was my storyline."

The actress had no lines in her final two episodes, broadcast last night.

"I had to do nothing, which was a shame," she told the paper. "It's a bit of an anti-climax after being told that you're going to have one of the biggest storylines that soap has ever seen, but for my character it wasn't at all. The big storyline is the fire and how people get everyone out. And quietly, behind the scenes, Viv just gets burned to death. Without saying a word. The easiest acting I've done in 18 years!"

Payne confessed that she felt "let down" when she discovered that Viv would not be buried in the village graveyard.

"What did really hurt me - what did get me and is a bit disloyal to the fans and to Viv - is the fact that she isn't even buried in Emmerdale," she said. "If they had to kill me off, they could at least have given me a nice funeral befitting Viv, instead of being shunted out of the Dales. You can't be in a soap forever. But I feel let down by the way Viv's been written out.

"Viv was a strong character, central to village life in the post office, and it's a shame she's not being buried next to her ex-husband Vic in the graveyard and doesn't even have a headstone there."

She added: "It would have been nice, too, to have seen Donna, Scott and Kelly, Viv's kids and stepdaughter, just to have got a little bit of the past back into the now. They're losing the history of the village.

"They said they couldn't get them. But I was on the phone to them immediately and they said they hadn't even been asked and of course they'd come back. And Kelly, played by Adele Silva, is coming back in the show anyway! It is a shame for Viv and for everyone who's been watching her."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Poor Viv, she was a strong character ...Saw her being interviewed, she looked very sad, and close to tears..wonder if she upset someone ;)...i was sure Betty was a gonner...some of the older actors are dead wood imo....:(
    I mean, what were the writers thinking..it looked like Terry and Viv were going somewhere then BANG they're both gone....:confused:

Sids Not wrote: »
    Poor Viv, she was a strong character ...Saw her being interviewed, she looked very sad, and close to tears..wonder if she upset someone ;)...i was sure Betty was a gonner...some of the older actors are dead wood imo....:(
    I mean, what were the writers thinking..it looked like Terry and Viv were going somewhere then BANG they're both gone....:confused:

id agree with Deena Payne myself. she showed great professionalism and commitment to the soap the last 18 years and so too did the actor Billy Hartman who played Terry. they deserved better exits imo.

I thought it was pretty good, I mean not from the actor that played Viv's perspective obviously, but as a whole.
    The way I see it, Viv was the architect of her own destruction. All her own lies eventually led to her death and the death of Terry. Why couldn't her would be rescuers break in to save her? Because she lied so much about being robbed and scared to manipulate a relationship out of Bob that the locks on the shop were being constantly upgraded and made more secure to keep people out.

As an off-shot of those lies, when Terry finds out the truth, he makes a huge effort at friendship for Viv, at the expense of his own partner whom is now left wondering if the two were having an affair. This friendship drives Terry into the fire and to his death.

I do feel sorry for the actress though. After eighteen years of service I'm sure that she would have wanted to go out in the glory of her own story line, not as consequence of somebody else's. Especially looking just up the road at how Jack Duckworth left and all surrounding it. Jack went out in a hurricane and Viv rode out on a fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bingette

Does anyone know when the rape story is going to end hate that creep?

• Advertisement

I thought it was pretty good, I mean not from the actor that played Viv's perspective obviously, but as a whole.
    The way I see it, Viv was the architect of her own destruction. All her own lies eventually led to her death and the death of Terry. Why couldn't her would be rescuers break in to save her? Because she lied so much about being robbed and scared to manipulate a relationship out of Bob that the locks on the shop were being constantly upgraded and made more secure to keep people out.

As an off-shot of those lies, when Terry finds out the truth, he makes a huge effort at friendship for Viv, at the expense of his own partner whom is now left wondering if the two were having an affair. This friendship drives Terry into the fire and to his death.

I do feel sorry for the actress though. After eighteen years of service I'm sure that she would have wanted to go out in the glory of her own story line, not as consequence of somebody else's. Especially looking just up the road at how Jack Duckworth left and all surrounding it. Jack went out in a hurricane and Viv rode out on a fart.

Katie's fella Nick lead to Viv and Terry's deaths not Viv - both deserved better exits imo as they had been there for so long and it was a shame they killed them off since the writers kinda hinted at an affair or relationship again for Terry and Viv. It would have better if it were Katie or Gennie or someone that did lived or was in Katie's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Sids Not wrote: »

I completely agree. The characters of Alan and Betty add absolutely nothing to the soap. Pearl is good and I like her scenes with Paddy etc and even Edna has a purpose in the village but Alan should have gone years ago - he wrecks my head!! :D Tbh I wasn't mad about Viv but I do think she deserved a better exit after 18 years!

Lisa is playing a blinder and I'm just waiting for that whole storyline to explode. Zach will go mental! I'm glad the Dingles are getting some serious storylines instead of always being the comedy sketch!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Katie's fella Nick lead to Viv and Terry's deaths not Viv - both deserved better exits imo as they had been there for so long and it was a shame they killed them off since the writers kinda hinted at an affair or relationship again for Terry and Viv. It would have better if it were Katie or Gennie or someone that did lived or was in Katie's house.

Yes, he lit the fire that killed them, but I'm talking about the events leading up to the fire, maybe you didn't read my whole post, I don't know. The actions of Viv played a huge part in her death.

And I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but at the time of the fire wasn't Viv passed out drunk on the couch while her two toddler children were asleep in the next room. She could have got them killed. That's disgraceful parenting. It's abuse.

Yes, he lit the fire that killed them, but I'm talking about the events leading up to the fire, maybe you didn't read my whole post, I don't know. The actions of Viv played a huge part in her death.

And I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but at the time of the fire wasn't Viv passed out drunk on the couch while her two toddler children were asleep in the next room. She could have got them killed. That's disgraceful parenting. It's abuse.

Calm down dear its just a soap opera!! :D:D

michael-winner.jpg

I'm not getting bad over it, this is a discussion forum not an argument forum. I read my last post again and I can't see how, from that, that you can think I am anything but calm. In fact I feel the part of my post that you highlighted shows the mood I was in when I wrote it. The "I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead" part is a joke. Frankly I'm
    220px-Michael_Winner2.jpg
    shocked dear that you didn't get it

I'm not getting bad over it, this is a discussion forum not an argument forum. I read my last post again and I can't see how, from that, that you can think I am anything but calm. In fact I feel the part of my post that you highlighted shows the mood I was in when I wrote it. The "I know I shouldn't speak ill of the dead" part is a joke. Frankly I'm
    220px-Michael_Winner2.jpg
    shocked dear that you didn't get it

ok fair enough and im not looking for an argument but if you are joking its probably best to use a smiley or two for future reference. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

[QUOTE=u_c_thesecond;70062139Is anyone else Hating Brenda
    Please don’t put her with Bob now. She is the worst Character ever and needs to be gotten rid of!! [/QUOTE]

Has she thought about TJ yet. He's lost both his parents in tragic circumstances at this stage. What'll happen to him now. With he stay with Brenda or will Bob take him on?

Epicurus wrote: »
    Has she thought about TJ yet. He's lost both his parents in tragic circumstances at this stage. What'll happen to him now. With he stay with Brenda or will Bob take him on?

Bob is his next of kin so i imagine he'll stay with him or perhaps Jean (Bobs ex, Dawn's mum) will try and claim custody.

Epicurus wrote: »

He goes to live with Dawn's mother

• Advertisement

ok fair enough and im not looking for an argument but if you are joking its probably best to use a smiley or two for future reference. :)

That's a good idea. I keep forgetting that the posts read a lot different than they are said. I'll do that in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement