Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Cold spell Charts/ Media/ Forecasts (Strictly no chit-chat) (15/12/2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

cjmcork wrote: »
    sorry, does this mean 'great' as in 'great - there'll be snow' or 'great - no snow'?

Precipitation along with Aritic Air flow = Snow !

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

the low becoming "complex", I love you Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heavy snow & drifting for Donegal tomorrow. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

18Z GFS rolling out now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

she mentioned heavy drifting snow:confused: has she been reading this thread:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

inabina wrote: »
    the low becoming "complex", I love you Evelyn.

+1 I love you Evelyn also!! OMG brilliant forecast for us snow obsessed weirdos!:D

Will be interesting to see if the GFS comes more in line with the ECM now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

That RTE forecast was a lot more serious snow wise. She even gave a little Met lesson at the start about how our normal Atlantic air is being dislodged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

leahyl wrote: »
    +1 I love you Evelyn also!! OMG brilliant forecast for us snow obsessed weirdos!:D
    leahyl I love your enthusiasm and optimsm but is there any chance you could restict your posts to the Munster thread and not clutter the forecast thread.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

• Advertisement

leahyl I love your enthusiasm and optimsm but is there any chance you could restict your posts to the Munster thread and not clutter the forecast thread.:D

To be fair i haven't left that many posts at all but if they're annoying you that much then fine. There is no one at all on the Munster thread and i was merely replying to another post regarding Evelyns forecast which, as far as i'm aware, falls into the Media part of the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

GFS 18Z +33 hours. Look at that cold drive south.........
    h850t850eu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

The best thing you can do is talk to Pat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The different threads is annoying , when are we going back to one,
    Real row brewing about salt, only 15000 tons left, 5000 per day was used in the last cold spell no new delivery till next Wednesday in cork

Colder upper temps over the eastern half of the country at 36 hours. Precip looks about the same as on the 12Z so far, maybe a slight increase.

All eyes on what happens with that low now...

Hello

gfs-0-54.png?18

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Charts for Friday shows 3-6 hours of snowfall literally anywhere in the country, and almost 9 hours in West/Southern areas :eek:

GFS for Sunday shows continous snowfall for over 24 hours over South, East and Midlands counties, both on Accuweather and Wunderground. Met Eireann hasn't picked it up at all.

On another note. DPs have soared on M4 now, seems like the front is finally passing through. Should see it nosedive again hopefully.

Anyone wanting to follow the GFS updates, check here. I've been using it for the last few months, seems reasonably accurate for a 48 hour timeline

gfs-0-60.png?18

gfs-2-60.png?18

Uh oh....

If i'm correct at +51 hours on the T850/SLP chart a warm sector is grazing the west coast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

h500slp.png

Me likey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GFS is looking serious for saturday, That low is a beast.

Charts for Friday shows 3-6 hours of snowfall literally anywhere in the country, and almost 9 hours in West/Southern areas :eek:

GFS for Sunday shows continous snowfall for over 24 hours over South, East and Midlands counties, both on Accuweather and Wunderground. Met Eireann hasn't picked it up at all.

On another note. DPs have soard on M4 now, seems like the front is finally passing through. Should see it nosedive again hopefully.

Anyone wanting to follow the GFS updates, check here. I've been using it for the last few months, seems reasonably accurate for a 48 hour timeline

Thanks Cherryghost - that sounds unbelievable. Maq's chart looks brilliant too - even with my limited knowledge of these things i can see that it looks good! Hope ME pick up on this in tomorrows forecast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

this is getting silly now h500slp.png
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

leahyl wrote: »
    To be fair i haven't left that many posts at all but if they're annoying you that much then fine. There is no one at all on the Munster thread and i was merely replying to another post regarding Evelyns forecast which, as far as i'm aware, falls into the Media part of the thread title.
    I humbly apologise
    (now I' m cluttering)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hello

gfs-0-54.png?18

Somebody pinch me or kick me, i must be dreaming seeing a chart like that. It just gets better and better and no FI we are in nailed down time frames now. Amazing stuff for us weather buffs :D

Interesting chart at +57 hours!

h850t850eu.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I can't believe how much snow the South and East would get from this storm below. I mean the blizzards would be epic for Ireland.

The GFS shows the low deepening to 975 over the south of Ireland a bit more realistic than 965 or something like that

winterstorm3.png

You've got -8 uppers over the top half of the country -6 uppers over the middle and -4 over the very south but as the storm moves east it feeds in much cooler air which means any possible marginality(sleet) disappears and the south becomes a snowfest.

winterstorm3.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Right, I'm assuming Wundergrounds charts haven't been updated, as it's the only one tracking the low further east.

My excitement has been upgraded

ukprec.png

ukwind.png

Severe disruption, whiteout blizzard conditions, hours of widespread heavy snow with drifting.....the works.

• Advertisement

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Interesting chart at +57 hours!

h850t850eu.png

Would you mind explaining this Mayo Exile? I haven't an iota. is it good or bad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement