Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Forum Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Jealousy does not become you LZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Pter wrote: »
    Jealousy does not become you LZ

Ah no, I just don't do podcasts, I don't like recording myself. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This forum needs an invasion from C&H, tbh... >_>

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

'Bout time ye got your own back! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Also:

Nocturnal Podcast.

Bagsie.
    yes podcast, totally awesome idea. Have fun with that.

• Advertisement

This forum needs an invasion from C&H, tbh... >_>

Ah, bring it on, we'll take you wee nippers on. ;):p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd welcome more Nocturnal podcastery but I think I am done with them myself.

I'm not exactly time rich right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

What's a Nocturnal podcast when it's at home? I'm in that lark, might try to help or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What's a Nocturnal podcast when it's at home? I'm in that lark, might try to help or something.
    Usually it quite funny at home.

Nocs meet up and chat about nocturnal stuff; record it and put it on t'internet.
    Its a good laugh and an interesting way to discuss stuff as we would here, but out loud and to the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Charter updated a bit, Noc index updated.
    Thanks to pter with help and suggestions on the index.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I think we should bring back the Noc light. The last person in the Noc light was about 5 months ago and maybe we should revive it because there is probably a few more people that have become regulars to forum since then.

Im not too sure about the noclight myself. It originally came about to get to know people better....but id just as soon do that through conversation in the threads that already exist.

Ive done mine and it was fun.....so id understand if/why people want it back. But im loving getting to know people in the Lair and question thread and such at the moment. But vox populi and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

the noc light is a good idea. I avoid the lair as i get lost in it. So i potter about behind the scenes.

Is there anyother way to do a podcast than all sitting in one room to do it.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    the noc light is a good idea. I avoid the lair as i get lost in it. So i potter about behind the scenes.

Is there anyother way to do a podcast than all sitting in one room to do it.
    You could try Skype.

was thinking that wolf, but i dont use it. Is it a good enough quality sound to record for a podcast.

I never used it meself, but people say it actually is if you have a decent headset

its an idea then. Worth bouncing round.

I know there's a thread going on it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Indeedy there is!

Noc-cast/Pod-noc/Nod-cast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I've been using this forum for an incredibly short time, so I thought maybe you'd like to hear my impressions as a newbie :)

I think the Lair and Brooding Corner are great, a nice way to get involved with the forum in general. I'd support the idea of keeping them seperate; I know tLL has one emotions thread which I post in quite a bit, but sometimes it's off-putting if you have happy news to share but the last post is something depressing. tLL makes it work, but I'd be happy if the two threads here remained independent.

The thread for newcomers was my first port of call, and the replies I got gave me that warm fuzzy feeling ;) It was only one or two posters, but that was enough for me to feel welcome. I highly recommend that regular posters visit that thread, see if new people are introducing themselves, and say hi.

In general there seems to be a very positive and friendly vibe here. I wouldn't necessarily class myself as "alt", but I haven't felt out of place here because of it. I personally feel that's a great boost to the forum; openly welcoming certain genres of people without excluding anyone.

I'm loving the questions thread, too; it's a great way to find out information about other users. I just need to come up with better questions to ask!

Creating new threads has never been my forte; I'm willing to give it a go, but I may hang around a bit longer and get a better feel of the forum before I do.

Hopefully there were something insightful in this waffle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

agree with all of what jokettle said. like her, i'm a n00b to the nocs as well, though i knew some of the posters here from other forums (hi koth, randy and wolfie :D)

i do get the sense of community here, and ye weren't cliquely about new members. i honestly feel like i've been posting here for months, and am part of the proud little corner ye've all built up in this part of boards.
    i wouldn't be majorily "alt" but just weird and nerdy in my own little way (BSG FTW :D) but there's no kinda "what the fúck are you doing here? get outta here" feel from the nocs. you're all welcoming and since i've been staying up "studying" (:pac:), it's nice to be able to chat and hang out after all the other forums have gone to sleep.

i'm not one for starting threads, but i feel like the lair and question threads are the main show of the noc forum. what would kinda put me off starting new threads, is wondering whether they belong in this forum, rather than say tCN, for just fun and games (like someone mentioned last man standing).
    don't get me wrong, i love the lair and question threads, cos it's nice to have a chat (other forums tend to have a high userbase, and so your post can quickly get lost in the fray of the chat threads, if they even have them), but i think the forum should be more than that, and something that will last as long as the lair and question threads have. i know you can't really force people to post in the threads, but if we try to make it appealing enough that people will want to continually post, that would make the noc forum uber fantastic :D

just my 2c
    /waffle:)

You might want to investigate talkshoe.com if you want to do an international podcast.

BTW I am delibrately taking a back seat on this one :)

Grazie and done.

You sure? Correspondents are welcome. Dont have to do the whole thingy.

Grazie and done.

You sure? Correspondents are welcome. Dont have to do the whole thingy.

I've no problem showing up and saying hi, I just don't want to be the guy running it, or co hosting it or whatever, for many reasons. :)

Also I have done my time podcasting, there's loads of other people who's time I would be taking up.

I've no problem showing up and saying hi, I just don't want to be the guy running it, or co hosting it or whatever, for many reasons. :)

Also I have done my time podcasting, there's loads of other people who's time I would be taking up.

I spose. BAH we dont want you ANYWAY. Kidding.

Ah no we should be ok for numbers and content and such and i think we have enough people to host/co-host etc.

Its all coming together now so i may stop actually asking more and more people. Too many cooks and such.

I spose. BAH we dont want you ANYWAY. Kidding.

Ah no we should be ok for numbers and content and such and i think we have enough people to host/co-host etc.

Its all coming together now so i may stop actually asking more and more people. Too many cooks and such.

Yes.

You also have to be wary of tire kickers- when a number of people say they;ll help, inevitabely the number of people who actually put in the work (for many reasons) is only a fraction of the original amount who express interest. Start small with a trusted core and work your way up.

If you want some kind of doomtime segment or something, you can rely on me. :) (ironic statement after what I have just said)

Well i wont spoil the lineup and such.....as there is nothing to spoil. Anyone who goes to the podcast thread can see who is interested.

We are having a skype meeting wednesday next week so if anyone has something they want to add, let me know. Its going to be a good laugh and i cant stress that enough.

There may be a doom slot. heh

Anyway...to the podcast thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Was there a massive Noc exodus at some point? Just spent a while going through the "Know your Nocturnals" forum to see if I'd posted a pic or not (possibly in another username lifetime, before the big hack) and I noticed loads of users I used to consider Noc regulars who are now completely absent.
    Should we try to attract these people back, possibly with some sort of "IT'S ALIVE!" sentiment, or was there a reason for the nearly complete changing of the guard?

• Advertisement

Was there a massive Noc exodus at some point? Just spent a while going through the "Know your Nocturnals" forum to see if I'd posted a pic or not (possibly in another username lifetime, before the big hack) and I noticed loads of users I used to consider Noc regulars who are now completely absent.
    Should we try to attract these people back, possibly with some sort of "IT'S ALIVE!" sentiment, or was there a reason for the nearly complete changing of the guard?

Aye, there was. I don't think there was one single catostrophic incident cause, people just lost interest for a number of reasons. :) It's ironic though because people can still make time to attend noc beers, they still get good numbers I believe.

Advertisement