Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noc-Cast/Pod-Noc/Nod-cast Link in first post Jan '11

Options
  • 16-11-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

So in the past nocturnals have gotten together and done up a podcast. I must dig up the old ones and throw up a link.

Anywho, it was always fun and its nice for the community to have voices (not just in our heads). So if anyone is interested, maybe register that interest here and we will get the ball rolling on a new noc-podcast.

I also think it might be a good way of discussing out exactly what the nocturnal forum is and be a good spoken version to point people towards when they first land here in the nocturnal forum.

http://soundcloud.com/fewcifur/nocturnal-podcast-jan-2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm registering my interest. Please stop hitting me now, Pter. :(

I think it would be good! We could talk about Noccy movies, or tips on how to get the much craved sleep.
    Or about how zombies are going to eat all our brainz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

if we can set up a skype system with people it would be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cant see that being a problem, good internet connection permitting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Pter wrote: »
    Cant see that being a problem, good internet connection permitting

I call dibs on a current events section called Skype News :p;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Us Nocs are no strangers to the aul podcasts. There were plenty of Nocturnal related Podcasts done in MonkeyFudge's studio back in the day.

Doing it over Skype is pretty handy, but people being in different locations makes it a little less fun and cohesive I think as you can't silently signal one another as to who wants to talk next etc.

Also, I don't know about audio, but having recently had to do a Skype video interview with someone in the states, recording it was one of the biggest pains in the arse I've had to deal with :)

Anyway, I'm always happy to do it and I'm making an offer of using the Boards.ie Boardroom (ok, technically it's Daft.ie's, but that's all good :p) here in the capital if some folk wanted to meet up and do it in person, but it also allows for the addition of people on Skype.

• Advertisement

Appreciated Kharn.

Dont see why we cant manage this and manage to call in people via skype.

We has the smarts, we will figure it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I like this idea. Maybe I should get Skype.

It might be worth having a pre-podcast meeting of some kind so we can get used to talking to each other and work out some kind of plan.
    Otherwise it's going to be 40 minutes of complaining about the weather and makng stupid jokes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

reallyrose wrote: »
    It might be worth having a pre-podcast meeting of some kind so we can get used to talking to each other and work out some kind of plan.
    Otherwise it's going to be 40 minutes of complaining about the weather and makng stupid jokes.
    Never mind I don't need Skype

Well ill be back in Dublin from Dec 11th....so any time after that. Otherwise fire ahead without me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I couldn't be recorded, I've too many beefs, once I start I wouldn't be able to stop. :p

Nerin wrote: »
    I call dibs on a current events section called Skype News :p;)
    Just saw this. I wanna be the overseas correspondent.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I couldn't be recorded, I've too many beefs, once I start I wouldn't be able to stop. :p

We just need a moderator :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'd be up for this.

Im reluctant to give out a list of topics we will cover, but the people who have raised an interest have/will be PM'd.

More people are welcome. As are topics of discussion. Its going to be a good laugh and i want to stress its not exclusive; as long as you want to have a laugh and a chat on t'internet, you can, just let us know.

Its always been my dream for people to know how big an idiot i am over a podcast.

This podcast should have a name.

So; the people contributing are now a part of Team Action Laser Command (talc)

and the podcast shall be known as the talcast.

I dont know why.

If more people want to jump on board, please do. It will just be a fun bunch of chats and laughs with fellow nocs. You dont even have to do it in person. Fun guaranteed.

I shall be part of the tasty treat bringing brigade! Hoorah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Count me in, for the craic.

Pm on the way

God i hate double posting.

How and ever.

Two podcasts have been forged in the.....well, forge. Its just a matter of editing them and such. Was great fun i must say...if not a little frustrating when we lost (maybe) the first hour of material.

My thanks to Nerin, Kharn, Fewcifur and Reallyrose.

Its not finished but hopefully it will all come together now soon.

• Advertisement

I disagree!

You speak when i ask you a question!!! THATS HOW LIFE WORKS!!!

You speak when i ask you a question!!! THATS HOW LIFE WORKS!!!

Yes but you told me to disagree with everything, so I also disagree with that!

Game ON!

Explain

I'm scared.

:cool:

Thats not an explanation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DooM want podcast!

Or doom smash.

A biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Its not finished but hopefully it will all come together now soon.

You might have done this already but i've found that with Skype-casts, having everyone record on their own end during the call and doing some post-proc/mixing can bump quality and coherence, especially since Skype-casts negate multiple mics.

Just my €0.02 since Skype can be a fickle mistress.

Good job for doing all this, looking forward to hearing the end result.

Advertisement