Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent Riots in England - Sky News now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

DB10 wrote: »
    Think you're a bit out touch with reality if you think Hannah Montana generation are on the streets today...:confused:

Hannah montana is only fairly recent programme....:confused::confused:

Anyway fair play, least they have the backbone to do something. Not like us spineless lot in this country, like yourself.

Nah I am more democratic, I will be voting FG in at the next election so they can cut all the fat from the public sector, your form of democracy seems to involve a brick and getting on sky news with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Terry wrote: »

Hi.
    Welcome to the real world.
    Remember when your mammy promised you ice cream after you ate your brussel sprouts, and then delivered? Yeah, that's not how the real world works.

Politicians promise the world, but rarely deliver.
    Smashing stuff may have worked in your quest for ice cream, but it lands you in jail in the real world.

Nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ah I feel for the protesters. I dont care how much a government cuts but when they start to limit social mobility by imposing fees on education then I have a problem. I am not a pacifist I do beleive violence solves some equalities and give volume to the voices of those who otherwise go unheard.

I knew the tory government were out of touch with the majority of himan beings but Im surprised at the lib dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭jacool

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I agree the tactics of some of the anarchists are over the top but when there's a mass movement behind them expressing similar anger I see no issue with it.
    So their tactics can be "over the top" but you "see no issue with it".
    Fantastic logic!
    The BBC have just had shoppers on who got caught up in the whole thing, totally innocently.
    While the protesters had a chance to act sensibly, they let it get out of control, which will surely harm their argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hi.
    Remember when your mammy promised you ice cream after you ate your brussel sprouts, and then delivered? Yeah, that's not how the real world works.

'Cept in Ireland the government would probably serve you up brussel sprout flavoured ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ah I feel for the protesters. I dont care how much a government cuts but when they start to limit social mobility by imposing fees on education then I have a problem. I am not a pacifist I do beleive violence solves some equalities and give volume to the voices of those who otherwise go unheard.

I knew the tory government were out of touch with the majority of himan beings but Im surprised at the lib dems.
    Social mobility? You realise they'll only have to start repaying their fees once they earn over £21,000 p/a and even then it's only 6% of the amount above that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

johnn wrote: »
    Garda or family member of Gardai I take it :rolleyes:

Thought this thread was about UK students ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

In the words of Podge and Rodge "feckin students if their not filming things, their stealing things!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

steve9859 wrote: »
    What the hell do they believe in?!?!?!? A right to go to university for free? give me a break. Someone has to pay! And its fairest that those who benefit from university pay. And I have yet to hear an interview with a protestor on the street who actually has the facts right and actually knows what they are talking about!!

I like the student anti-protest march at Cambridge, calling on the students occupying parts of the university to go home, and commenting that they actually dont know what they are talking about!
    And neither do you clearly; nobody's saying that they think university should be free. What they're protesting about is the fact fees have risen from £3000 to £9000, and this measure has been helped into place by the lib dems, when a promise to not let that happen was one of their main policies before the election. I'm not justifying rioting, that's another matter but are you trying to say that if FF trebled income tax tomorrow you'd just shrug and say 'Ah sure someone has to pay'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The anarchists are attacking shoppers on Oxford St now, according to Sky News. That's just pure thuggery, plain and simple.
    Lol. As one of the protesters said live on air when one of the sly news presenters was brainwashing his audience "liars".

• Advertisement

People creaming themselves over the idea of this happening in Ireland is embarrassing btw

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

gizmo wrote: »
    Social mobility? You realise they'll only have to start repaying their fees once they earn over £21,000 p/a and even then it's only 6% of the amount above that?

yes I think the english system is to be envied I was talking about this government.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

hondasam wrote: »
    Thought this thread was about UK students ;)

Doesn't matter to the police haters.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol. As one of the protesters said live on air when one of the sly news presenters was brainwashing his audience "liars".

Well the BBC are now interviewing the shoppers who witnessed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Namlub wrote: »
    People creaming themselves over the idea of this happening in Ireland is embarrassing btw

Sadly we have knackers and scum too :(

Well the BBC are now interviewing the shoppers who witnessed it.
    Protesters attacking shoppers or shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

So you didn't see any of the footage, but your first contribution is to complain about the Police?

What a peculiar viewpoint....

The Police are the same all over the world. Sting and the other guy just fall out. It's embarrassing.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Sadly we have knackers and scum too :(
    Agreed. I watching Cowen and Co on prime time last night also.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The Police are the same all over the world. Sting and the other guy just fall out. It's embarrassing.

Wuh wuh, I'll give you that one. It raised a chuckle.. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

why? do you think we should be bullied like the kid at school and not stand up for ourselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Wuh wuh, I'll give you that one. It raised a chuckle.. :D

See not all lefties are serious bastards ;)

Charles and Camilla get a free ride in the back of a police van!

why? do you think we should be bullied like the kid at school and not stand up for ourselves

Rioting =/= standing up for yourself. There is not a cause in the world that will benefit from someone smashing windows and the only people dumb enough to think so are probably the same ones who think the riots in Dublin in 2006 were a nice display of unity

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Rioting =/= standing up for yourself. There is not a cause in the world that will benefit from someone smashing windows and the only people dumb enough to think so are probably the same ones who think the riots in Dublin in 2006 were a nice display of unity

keep on rocking, ff needs all the hippies they can get right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Just proves that the Irish are a nation of Eunochs:rolleyes:

All listening to the Dubliners yet no action.

Worthless reply is worthless, stick to mindless chest-beating now because you'll probably be the one cowering in your bedroom with the curtains closed if this actually happened here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just a reminder that any posts advocating violence / rioting will be deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think this is awesome and I hope it comes to Ireland.

The governments both here and in the UK are totally out of control. In the UK it's even worse because you cannot get grants and they give a pittance for jobless people. They've had this coming for a very long time.

If you still think this isn't warranted after everything the government and banks have done to us well then I just feel sorry for you. They have no problems using violence against their citizens.

If they make the rules such that they own everything and the ordinary people deserve and own nothing then of course they can call it "looting" and "vandalism". Why not make our own rules where instead WE own everything and all of these things rightfully belong to us? Then THEY are the criminals.

What we need is a good old-fashioned revolution. Unfortunately it won't happen in Ireland because of all the submissive idiots, but maybe in the UK it will.

keep on rocking, ff needs all the hippies they can get right now

Translation: I thought the riots in Dublin in 2006 were a nice display of unity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Hi.

Politicians promise the world, but rarely deliver.
    Smashing stuff may have worked in your quest for ice cream, but it lands you in jail in the real world.

Life is hard. Get used to it.

Hi Terry!

The next time I get asked why I broke a promise i'm going to reply

''because the man on the internet said life isn't fair.''

Needless to say,this will suffice as an articulate argument.

Advertisement