Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else like me? Shampoo and Toilet Paper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Now hang on a minute... I'm actually interested in this.

I have no idea what a bidet is.

My god. I'd heard of the Celtic tigers forgotten children, but until now I thought they were just a myth.
    You, my friend, have been missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anybody with an ounce of cop on realises what bidet's are for. Washing after you have wiped first.

Eveyone with an ounce of cop on realises what bidet's are for, washing your feet in...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

listermint wrote: »
    Its the water cleaning hand shakers that are deluded.

You'd need a hell of a lot more than soap to clean poop from your hand. And tbh from the OPs posts on expense of shampoo and what not i doubt he uses antbacterial anything down to cost.

ah sure the oul bar a soap will clean me pooper scoopers

No, ordinary soap is perfectly fine and is probably as effective as antibacterial in fact. THE most important part of handwashing is the mechanical action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

OP, I just want to remind you that you have posted in AH, so of course you are going to get responses like this. I would advise you to have a look at getting a Turkish Toilet with a spigot installed in your house (not the squat toilets), all jokes aside, I've never sat on a nicer toilet. You leave it feeling so much cleaner than just wiping yourself!

Also, for anyone who thinks baby wipes are the best of both worlds, you are in fact making life worse. Baby wipes don't break up as easily as toilet paper and can (and usually do) clog the toilet.

OP, I salute you for what you do, as long as you have the right reasons for doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

Mr Marston wrote: »
    What does eveybody do if they are out of toilet paper?

Maybe tear up the cardboard core of the toilet roll and use it?!
    I'm sure it would burn and would require a few pulls of the chain but at least you'd be making the best of the money you spent on the toilet paper! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

AntiMatter wrote: »
    Use water, and your bare (left) hand. Wash your hand afterwards.

Water cleans your ass better than paper. It is the paper-users who are deluded.
    Washing your hands isn't good enough though; you have to really, really clean under your nails as well, and scrub the bit around your nails, and any rings you might happen to be wearing, and gods help you if you have an open sore on your hand when you're going around smearing faeces into yourself. Eschewing toilet paper involves seriously upping your hand-washing technique to, well, a much higher level of fastidiousness than one would feel they could expect from someone who never washes their hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I always thought taking a crap is weird in UK/ Ireland. Always thought it was strange "cleaning" your asshole after taking a dump with a few thin sheets of square paper.

Then I defo thought it was plain ****ed up when I was a kid and started going on holidays and discovered bidets. Personally, lets say I drop the kids off at the pool at least once a day, I wont feel properly "clean" even if I wipe and the paper is spotless. :o

If I take a **** an hour after I had a shower and I'm going somewhere, I'll take another shower. Just feels cleaner! I'd have a bidet in my house for sure.

YOU ARE ALL PIGS!!! Iv'e seen bidets in 2 star hotels in North Africa, These poorer folk have cleaner anuses then you FREAKS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

kjl wrote: »
    Oh btw,

just did a little more research there.

In just America they use 34,000,000 rolls of toilet paper a day, which to produce uses 255,000,000 gallons of water, 88,000,000 pounds of green house gas's and 161,000,000 KWh of energy.

I know there is lots of arseholes in america, but not that many!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Wow. What a grumpy thread. I also don't use shampoo. I have very short hair and use a special natural mixture when washing my hair. My hair never gets greasy or grimy. As for the bidet vs paper argument, I've used bidet's before and found them very hygienic. You still need paper to dry off (except the ones that have a built-in dryer.) The water jet is very strong and quite warm. Quite pleasant actually.

The ecological argument is pointless though. They both have their pros and cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

GrumPy wrote: »
    I always thought taking a crap is weird in UK/ Ireland. Always thought it was strange "cleaning" your asshole after taking a dump with a few thin sheets of square paper.

Then I defo thought it was plain ****ed up when I was a kid and started going on holidays and discovered bidets. Personally, lets say I drop the kids off at the pool at least once a day, I wont feel properly "clean" even if I wipe and the paper is spotless. :o

If I take a **** an hour after I had a shower and I'm going somewhere, I'll take another shower. Just feels cleaner! I'd have a bidet in my house for sure.

YOU ARE ALL PIGS!!! Iv'e seen bidets in 2 star hotels in North Africa, These poorer folk have cleaner anuses then you FREAKS.

Don't dare to call me a freak pal.

Look, I've looked at this thread over the last few days and said to myself' Flutther, don't lower yourself by contributing'.

The raised shitter causes a problem as it doesn't allow the arse cheeks to fully expand and thus the surrounding area can get smearing even with the most robust and well-formed log.

With a proper diet the log can be 'nipped' off with a well sprung spincter but even so,the squat shitter does allow the butt cheeks to fully expand and even the most scuttery 'blow-out' clears the overhang with ease.

Very little fecal footprint and practically no collateral.

'Nothing but net' to use a basketball expression.

A house plant sprayer is your answer for home dumps, bend down over the pan and project the spray into the 'eye' of the nipsy ( rainspray is the best setting) and all the clag will be removed with a dart of tepid water.

Dab in a bit of water and all is kosher, spanking clean badge and you could let Sharon Ni Bheolán rim you with complete confidence.

So don't give that guff about no paper and such, unless you are dumping in an eastern shitter .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Wow. What a grumpy thread. I also don't use shampoo. I have very short hair and use a special natural mixture when washing my hair. My hair never gets greasy or grimy. As for the bidet vs paper argument, I've used bidet's before and found them very hygienic. You still need paper to dry off (except the ones that have a built-in dryer.) The water jet is very strong and quite warm. Quite pleasant actually.

*Must bite lip*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

So about 2 years ago I decided to stop using shampoo because I was always running out, after about 3 months my hair got used to it and now believe it or not it looks better and is cleaner than it ever was before.

I always used to wash my bum after going to the toilet, I used to clean it with paper first, and just wash to get a proper clean. Then last year, I just stopped using the paper altogether.

So I suppose my question is, am I crazy? Is there anyone else out there like me. I read somewhere that 27000 trees are cut down everyday to make toilet paper for the world. And that one person washes down almost 10 gallons of shampoo a year, which is water that can not be recycled. So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

Thoughts?

I know a fair few people who don't use shampoo in their hair and it's fine, they just use warm water. If you're worried about the pollution just use an eco friendly shampoo, there's plenty available. As for the bum wiping, ya either gotta use something to wipe with or else you wash it. Even my dog drags her ass off the grass after she's done a poo (and no, she doesn't have worms or swollen anal glands, she's just a very clean dog!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

OP is right about the hair washing, it's perfectly fine not to use shampoo but you must wash vigorously with warm water. Your hair does not continue to get greasey, the reason it produces grease and oils is because shampoo washes these away.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113587

As for the bum washing, fair enough, I personally wouldn't do it myself.

His argument about the tree's is right but about the chemicals in the water is completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

cant see what the big deal is wouldnt be bothered myself but do use babywipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I couldn't live without shampoo, toilet paper, toothpaste, deodorant, moisturiser etc.

I don't give a fcuk if I am contributing to global warming or a tree being cut down. At least I'll be nice & clean when the world suddenly combusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - So you must look like sh1t and smell like sh1t ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

[QUOTE=lil_lisa;69459062
    I would advise you to have a look at getting a Turkish Toilet with a spigot installed in your house (not the squat toilets), all jokes aside, I've never sat on a nicer toilet. You leave it feeling so much cleaner than just wiping yourself!
    [/QUOTE]

Agreed, I go to Turkey a lot for hols and really miss these toilets when I come back to Ireland, you feel really clean after using one (and the OP is right, once you've got used to washing properly toilet paper feels a poor second)

Is there any way they can be fitted in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

The only thing I learned from this thread is that lots of people don't know what irony means.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Susie_Q wrote: »
    I just saw the tags on this thread, lol.

they are hilarious

where do they come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

So about 2 years ago I decided to stop using shampoo because I was always running out, after about 3 months my hair got used to it and now believe it or not it looks better and is cleaner than it ever was before.

I always used to wash my bum after going to the toilet, I used to clean it with paper first, and just wash to get a proper clean. Then last year, I just stopped using the paper altogether.

So I suppose my question is, am I crazy? Is there anyone else out there like me. I read somewhere that 27000 trees are cut down everyday to make toilet paper for the world. And that one person washes down almost 10 gallons of shampoo a year, which is water that can not be recycled. So maybe if we all did this it would help save the environment.

Thoughts?

It's people like you that make me hate public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i'm guessing the op is male.

I am also guessing he would take a dim view of dating a young one with the same habits.

Seriously, I am sick of heaing this "if you don't wash your hair for long enough it cleans itself" lark. it STINKS. particularly if your hair is any longer that like two inches. Where are the dead cells and sweat going? And i personally doubt that the majority of participants would wash their hands as well as would be required by this practice. If we all took to this approach, we'd be looking at the business end of a cholera outbreak eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

If you want to use paper just wipe with dry paper first and then repeat with some wet paper to make sure your clean.

Wouldnt it make more sense to use wet paper first :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

scopper wrote: »
    The only thing I learned from this thread is that lots of people don't know what irony means.

its a bit like goldy and bronzey only its made of iron

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

Thoughts?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

i'm guessing the op is male.

I am also guessing he would take a dim view of dating a young one with the same habits.

Seriously, I am sick of heaing this "if you don't wash your hair for long enough it cleans itself" lark. it STINKS. particularly if your hair is any longer that like two inches. Where are the dead cells and sweat going? And i personally doubt that the majority of participants would wash their hands as well as would be required by this practice. If we all took to this approach, we'd be looking at the business end of a cholera outbreak eventually.

Right, and I suppose you have done so much research yourself about it now haven't you.

Nobody said you stop washing in your hair, just that you don't use shampoo anymore. The dead cells and sweat are still washed out everyday. How about you research this a little more before calling it lark.

What exactly are you implying, that I don't wash my hands? I spend about 2 min lathering and washing my hands after I do my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

When i go to the toilet i like to use 3 shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Right, and I suppose you have done so much research yourself about it now haven't you.

Nobody said you stop washing in your hair, just that you don't use shampoo anymore. The dead cells and sweat are still washed out everyday. How about you research this a little more before calling it lark.

What exactly are you implying, that I don't wash my hands? I spend about 2 min lathering and washing my hands after I do my business.

i have had three foot long hair for a decade now. when I was younger, I was a bit of a filthy rocker, and was less inclined to wash it, and was surrounded by mates who were also spouting this "it cleans it self" stuff. It smells.

if you use very hot water, I am sure it gets clean, but if your hair is long, good luck getting a comb through it. but at the same time, its your hair, do what you like, and sit downwind of me.

but about the using your own hand to scrape ****e out of your arse - I said I doubt most people would wash their hands enough. I didn't say you specifically. i hope you always have a nailbrush to hand everywhere you go, and that you also don't work with food or people who are ill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Legend. Once i ran out of jack's roll and there was kind of a stand off between myself and the girl i was living with, think she kept her stash in her room.
    So I'm a once a day man, would just sh1te, then run into shower, clean as a whistle afterwards. It's cleaner than using j-roll whether you like it or not! This went on for about 2 weeks i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Why has the human race become so "unimmune" to itself?

Next, we'll see people here wrapped in big glass bubbles instructing someone to type threads on boards for them because they don't want to touch something a fly might have landed on.

I'm not saying we should all go rolling around in mud or anything but we seem to be heading to an extreme!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This is the vilest thread ever.

Advertisement