Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

That band above Donegal is getting closer, hopefully wind dir is right tonight

image.ashx?ok=1&country=gb&type=last&time=201012021900&sat=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

bauderline wrote: »
    I don't think the airport is going to be open for very long look at that....

Just listening to the control tower here, they are trying to open the runway for 18:30 for departures and 19:10 for arrivals, but it's still snowing on the runway, they are doing a braking action test on the runway at the minute, they don't know whether they can open it yet...

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Might go out and kick all the heads off the snowmen the kids have built

Ah go easy on the poor snowmen, kick the heads off the little sh!ts instead.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Jesus Swords is getting plastered now, stupid kids have rolled the bottom of a snowman into the middle of the road, they're also battering houses with snowballs, little ****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I'm about to head home...
    Should I take the bus or the train?
    Are the trains packed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Insane, trucks get stuck on the East Link, reverse back, then another truck gives it a go and the same happens, mental mental mental

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Heavy snow still going in Malahide - im guessing almost 2 inches at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

i've seen better snow in the summer:D

EDIT: I remember 1982 also and this isnt a patch on what Arklow got then

I agree. Wait till the snow gets up past your door handles and then we're getting into '82 territory. I'm in Leixlip so close enough to the OP but honestly we'd need another couple of days of snow to come close to '82 levels.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are the trains packed?

Where you coming from/going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

How do i make a webcam, this is mental, you have to see it to believe it!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Are the trains packed?

Train is safest option in terms of reliability packed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

madds wrote: »
    I agree. Wait till the snow gets up past your door handles and then we're getting into '82 territory. I'm in Leixlip so close enough to the OP but honestly we'd need another couple of days of snow to come close to '82 levels.

Plus a lot more drifting in 1982

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

antodeco wrote: »
    Where you coming from/going to?

Town to ashtown

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Any word of a change in wind direction tonight? I'd like it a bit closer to north easterly to top us up here - we didn't have so much as a cloud today, never mind stuff actually falling. The sky was a horrible blue colour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Serious amount has fallen in Santry, Northwood over the last hour...Airport must be closed for rest of the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

That radar looks like leixlip won't escape..come on, hasn't snowed in hours here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Are the trains packed?

Barry Kennedy on the radio said trains are lighter than yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Just spent 45 minutes clearing the car, snow is up past the top of the wheels. Finally get through the snow to find.... my neighbours car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

http://imgur.com/a/39Isi/1#QptKb

Drumcondra and its still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Never thought I'd see this much snow in Donabate and it's still coming!!! Definitely heading to the beach for snowman building in the morning or maybe an igloo it this keeps up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

ONE WORD

SNOWMAGEDDON !!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just listening to the control tower here, they are trying to open the runway for 18:30 for departures and 19:10 for arrivals, but it's still snowing on the runway, they are doing a braking action test on the runway at the minute, they don't know whether they can open it yet...

Thats great ,something to interest me for awhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Brief halt to snow and back again to big juicy flakes.

Snow snow snowwwww:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

rain around d13

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NICEGUYEDDIE

Runway inspection underway at present - Dub airport

Edit :Too slow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Swords getting an absolute pasting...I fear I won't be able to move the car tomorrow morning. I work in the airport and only need to get that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »
    Seems to have weakened a bit in the 17.45. Much harder to say with confidence if it will hit D15 :P Oh well, there's a big chunk just to the west of it, if it came down on the same kind of track as its sibling, we'd definitely be hit. CC will definitely be getting more for the next while though.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

rain around d13

hah, yea right!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭jiminho

live in sandyford and the first time in my lifetime the snow has reached my front wall level. I AM IN AWE. thats like 1.5 Feet. tomorrow morning i think i will actually be able to say "im snowed in". can anyone remember a year where it snowed more?......i have we begun a new age lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So much snow here!!! :D I can't believe it! :D I've never experienced anything like it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement