Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Here is the latest radar :eek:

dec22.png

Weathercheck what's the wind direction? Any sign of Meath being hit? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Jesus is meath gonna get any snow today/tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

I think we should start looking west

www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Just back from walking the dogs, never saw snow like it and it just keeps coming 12-14in down already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kenskool

What do you think rain or snow for dublin????:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Supercell wrote: »
    City centre in that little gap right now on the radar..fear not...its a temporary respite!!

137813.jpg

Is that whole streamer gona pass right through the city centre or will it tail off in another direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

darkman2 wrote: »
    Yes, slightly more Northerly of the wind direction now but only on coastal fringes.

would this change in wind change bring stuff to arklow and gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

bauderline wrote: »
    When they talk about braking action test I picture a couple of DAA employees in a Subaru STI doing handbrake turns..... ;)

Its only a little machine that gets towed behind a jeep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Crap, was there much snow today in Dublin :eek: When I left there this morning the sun was shining, and its been shining here all day. Just checking boards now and you're all talking about Snowmageddon. I have to travel back across Dublin this evening, are the roads bad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Is there any way to find out if it'll rain or snow in the west tonight? Sorry, I am a kind of a noob in this forum :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Only light stuff here now, streamer will begin to affect more south Dublin coastal districts, Wicklow soon i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Stop looking at the streamer in the Irish sea, check out what's coming from the north west. The whole country could get blitz tonight/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Is there any way to find out if it'll rain or snow in the west tonight? Sorry, I am a kind of a noob in this forum :o

By god we're all praying for snow!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, another stuck truck, it is quite interesting. Eventually they all back down to the level groundand gun it, but only after three or four failed attempts to mount Mount East Link . The current dude is all over the shop, i wonder will he learn .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Is that whole streamer gona pass right through the city centre or will it tail off in another direction?

Its coming for the center again, i can see the orange mass to the NE here, its gonna be a whiteout again soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dow99 wrote: »
    By god we're all praying for snow!!!!

Not all of us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

City centre in that little gap right now on the radar..fear not...its a temporary respite!!

137813.jpg

Anyone know the wind direction for this? Will Ashbourne get a smack of this? Didn't make it to work today in Dundalk. Might I make it tomorrow?

Not wrote: »
    Crap, was there much snow today in Dublin :eek: When I left there this morning the sun was shining, and its been shining here all day. Just checking boards now and you're all talking about Snowmageddon. I have to travel back across Dublin this evening, are the roads bad ?

Epic amounts of snow, I'm in dublin 12 and its been snowing heavily, pretty much non stop since 11am. Almost a foot in my back garden including what was already there. From what I've seen on here most of dublin is the same. The main roads are ok, side roads not so much. Try and avoid ANY roads with an incline...bad news.

Lashing down again , great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy snow here now, not sticking very well yet but it's getting there:) 0.7C/-0.3C

• Advertisement

Its coming for the center again, i can see the orange mass to the NE here, its gonna be a whiteout again soon.

Awesome, I love you :D Think it may be time to go make an igloo!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Stop looking at the streamer in the Irish sea, check out what's coming from the north west. The whole country could get blitz tonight/tomorrow.

Were?:P i cant see anything big in the north west on raintoday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The snow basically hasn't stopped for the past 5/6 hours here in D13. I'm glad I called a snowday for myself!

Snowmageddon in D4 again whoohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Confab wrote: »
    Not all of us...

You're in the west? Like the two posters wondering and hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

We've got 7inches in Dublin 9. Just went out with a measuring tape and thats down to the ice so its probably more :eek:

Here's a few Pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Think we might be getting our last bash in the next 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Any chance of Snow in Cork city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Ryaner 44 will be in a right snot if the runway doesn't open, apparently this guy threw his toys out of the pram earlier because the airport was shut!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Has to be a foot of snow easily now in parts of D5, definitely no chance of getting the car out of the garage tomorrow (its lowered as well )without it grounding itself :p

Still belting down from about 2pm today and no sign of stopping just yet.

Bring it on I say, it'll save me petrol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement