Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Even the buses are terminating at Woodbrook - they cant even get into the town - Feck !

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Blizzard in Rathfarnham!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

i said yesterday that we were not going to get more snow especially when it was thawing no end and i totally lost confidence in getting more snow

OH BOY HOW WRONG WAS I :eek::eek::eek:

i bow my head in shame as the experts was telling me that we were going to get more snow and i totally disagreed with them

SO TO THE EXPERTS I BOW BEFORE YOU AND MARVEL AT YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE WISDOM WHEN IT COMES TO PREDICTING SNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Picking up here now with about 10knt winds.

Between navan & Kells

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Aughrim, Co. Wicklow. Must be nearly 5 inches of snow overnight.

Futile task almost clearing snow. Snow falling as quick as I can try to clear. Car won't be going anywhere today and probably tomorrow at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

snowing moderatly in citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Plasmoid

Shamanic wrote: »
    Lads I have to go santry to dundrum using public transport for 12 o clock but I'm not due to finish work til 9pm is this due to get worse? Il need public transport home as well.

The Luas at least seems to be running ok... if a little water logged and crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Damn it's just missed Donabate. Blue skies reappearing

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭chris2007

Heavy sleet here in coolock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Coming down in Ongar now. Thought it might have just missed us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Got into work by about 8 no problem after getting the 49 :confused:

Has been 2 short showers of snow in D2 since I got into work.

49 Doesn't come anywhere near Kiltipper hill, think it goes through Aylesbury maybe. 50 65 65B 76 54A only serving as far as the square, Killinarden is impassable, Marlfield Impassable, Thomas Davis RD impassable, just watch yourself coming home, could end up with a bit of a walk. Just talking to a council worker, Sally Gap is a bit up the road..............3foot of nice white fluffy stuff, they went up to help a person who got stuck on a back road with the assistance of search and rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

smokin ace wrote: »
    i said yesterday that we were not going to get more snow especially when it was thawing no end and i totally lost confidence in getting more snow

OH BOY HOW WRONG WAS I :eek::eek::eek:

i bow my head in shame as the experts was telling me that we were going to get more snow and i totally disagreed with them

SO TO THE EXPERTS I BOW BEFORE YOU AND MARVEL AT YOUR KNOWLEDGEABLE WISDOM WHEN IT COMES TO PREDICTING SNOW

Man - you were a real pain in the ass yesterday with your pessimism... :) nobody cares now though coz it's a SNOWFEST! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Looks like laois is being completely bypassed by the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had the heavy snow here a few minutes ago, lighter now, dun laoghaire area, fog (snow) horn still sounding

BB1B07A494144B9F8CD996BA68CD9B2B-0000324846-0002059211-00800L-1C7F1A94207D4AED9A89106FAD19FEE5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Absolutely bucketing snow in D1/IFSC. Heaviest i've seen it in daytime this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Treehere

Just woke up to SNOOOW in Dundrum.

SUCK ON THAT SOUTH MUNSTER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Starting to snow again here in Old Kilcullen. Got around 3 inches last night, was snowing up to 7am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yep, Dublin 2 is bucketing snow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I drove to Dublin today from Offaly, took me 3.5hrs. When I get in there is only one person in the office everyone else could not make it due to the snow. I drove past some of these peoples houses. Wimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Did anywhere actually get what was predicted on this thread yesterday/last night?
    Snowing heavily the last 10 mins or so in Dublin 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    oh my goodness. kids in the estate have no school today because and i quote, the snow event yesterday.:rolleyes: half a hour of snow 24 hours before and the schools get shut down

the roads are still white on my estate, but thats about it

Probably more due to the road conditions I'd say. I had to abandon my car last night as what snow there was froze solid - roads were as bad as I'd ever seen. Met Eireann giving a 'Flat Calm' today which apparently means there will be no wind to lower the temperatures. I'd advise everyone to stay off the roads if at all possible.

Snowing all morning over here in County Louth. As much snow as I've seen in my adult life.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Serious :eek: snow in Dublin 2! Its beautiful!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Aughrim, Co. Wicklow. Must be nearly 5 inches of snow overnight.

Futile task almost clearing snow. Snow falling as quick as I can try to clear. Car won't be going anywhere today and probably tomorrow at this rate.

Any idea the roads to tinahely and the road to ballinacladh. Supposed to Ho to sandyford from tinahely. Couldn't get out of the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Good bit of snow in Lucan atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Gotten a little heavier here in south d15 now, but it had been just light-ish grainy stuff up to now.

Looking at the latest radar I think we're lucky to be getting any at all! We're the definition of 'fringe' here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mickyp

lara_la wrote: »
    Really heavy in leopardstown/sandyford. Luas was like being a sardine in a tin can!!!

At least all the body heat would have warmed you up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

LookingFor wrote: »
    Gotten a little heavier here in south d15 now, but it had been just light-ish grainy stuff up to now.

Looking at the latest radar I think we're lucky to be getting any at all! We're the definition of 'fringe' here.

a half a mile south and we would be pasted :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Heavy snow in Templeogue for the past 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Very heavy snow in Dublin 2 at the moment, looking out the office window its like a just shaken snow globe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

TomTom wrote: »
    I drove to Dublin today from Offaly, took me 3.5hrs. When I get in there is only one person in the office everyone else could not make it due to the snow. I drove past some of these peoples houses. Wimps.

Sensible people not risking thier necks for a days work, really not worth it with some of the 4x4 lunatics out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement