Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

-3.4 with a dp of -4.7 here brrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

good covering here in north kilkenny. Local schools closed until monday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Tried to get the car on the road for work at 6 and not a hope,The road is gone,no messing,foot of snow here,in constant snow streamers all night and more on the menu. My worst snowfall since my beloved eighties event.Simply amazing stuff.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will def take pics with the measuring tape in shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a few big streamers developing out at sea now. More snow in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I'm just thankful we got some, thought I was gonna go mad last night staring at the radar waiting for it all to change direction !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

good few inches in Navan again last night and still on and off this morning.

i ventured out in the jeep to see what the M3 was like and drove between the Navan South Exit & the Delvin one and it was passable, but the roads connecting to it were fairly bad. if you took it careful and could get to the motorway safely then i reckon you'd be okay, but you'd want to be keen on going to work as it was moving pretty slowly and there's differences of a couple of cm's to a foot of snow reported on here and you never know what's between where you're at and where you're going.

not sure if the M3 has been gritted or not (doubt it would make much difference on a day like today anyway) but the grupals were coming down fast enough that the tracks from the car a few hundred yards in front of me were starting to get covered up before i got there.

all the other roads i drove around navan were packed snow and ice and you wouldn't want to be doing more than 10-20km/h at most and maybe 5km/h in places, if that.

frankly, if its not a life or death drive then stay at home because its going to be chaos and there's more to come from the sounds of it, so even if you could get to where you're going, you'd want to be very sure you'll be able to get back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Decent covering on the North Dublin/East Meath border. Roads are lethal. I finally have enough to show the toddler how to make a snowman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Just woke in Castledermot (near Carlow).
    At least one foot deep, no drifting, a foot deep everywhere.
    1982 might have a challenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

We got a good few centimeters last night and it still snowing:D I'm thing about going to work but the road look bad all over and if it to snow more to day ill never get home:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Was gonna drive from D13 to UCD but not willing to risk it now. Have to trek off to get the bus. Hope I get in on time!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

Personally, I wouldn't. Chaos on the south side of the M50 last night. I've been on the bus all week and have had no delays/problems anywhere. 2 years ago it took me 7 hours to drive home from Dun Laoghaire....not something I'm keen to repeat.

I might just take your advice and try public transport for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Was gonna drive from D13 to UCD but not willing to risk it now. Have to trek off to get the bus. Hope I get in on time!

I suspect you may have problems taking the bus. Lots of curtailments in your area so check before you leave.

Snowing again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

The runways at Dublin airport are shut until 7.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Any body know what it like around Templeouge heading that way shortly from Celbridge where we got a nice bit of snow during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

bout half foot of snow in carlow town this morning and its still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Eoineo wrote: »
    I suspect you may have problems taking the bus. Lots of curtailments in your area so check before you leave.

Snowing again here.

Thanks for that, I just checked. Will have to take a slippery walk down to the Malahide Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Have an appointment in Dublin for 11, driving from longford on the n4, anyone know is it passable, thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Another 5 cm or 2 inchesof fresh snow has fallen here in Castleknock, Dublin 15:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Dublin 2 ..Woke up last night @2:40am I think by the biggest Hail Storm I have ever seen in Dublin. They must have been marble sized:eek: lasted around 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Right now its snowing blizzard like with strong winds blowing off the sea. Lots of lying snow from last night about 2cms deep. Temp at +1c. Roads around here not good, heard the local bus has been cancelled and the Laytown/Bettystown road impassable. Looks like I won't make it to work today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

got to head into the Mater from Lucan now....dreading the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dublin airport. Re open. Full width of runway now clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

Woke up to just frost in Limerick, are we ever going to get snow.

tony1212 wrote: »

Know exactly how you feel there. Cold crisp morning -6 here with not a cloud in the sky and green grass. Ah well. Will be fun reading about our eastern cousins trying to get to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Clear morning in Tallaght, seems like we got a cm of snow last night. Bitterly cold and ice on the roads us lethal ( they haven't been gritted yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

tony1212 wrote: »

Very little frost - management company got gritters to grit the car park in work but it hasnt been done very well.

It is colder here in Limerick than yesterday morning -3 outside
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Postcard scenes here, hard to know where the path,driveway and garden begins and ends :pac: Must be 3/4 inches on top of Satudays fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just drove in from Wicklow Town to Cherrywood, tricky in places particularly the Newtown bypass, but driveable with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

320 active users in here :D

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    320 active users in here :D

Watch that figure double in the next hour !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement