Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital USB 2.0 DVB-T HDTV TV Tuner Recorder & Receiver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

iggy wrote: »
    Right I eventually got this from ellieshang.

What do I do next regarding frequency.

Im in Lucan and I know i have to put in the frequency but where and what is it. I looked at the three rock frequencies in Dublin which are 54 58 61 64
    This is where im at

5215998894_120e385542_m.jpg

You don't need to put in frequency - just do the auto scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

You don't need to put in frequency - just do the auto scan.

Yea I did autoscan a few times but found no channels.

Im using the blazetv software that came with it.

Im on W7U.

Do I need to install anything else apart from the driver and blazetv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Yea I did autoscan a few times but found no channels.

Im using the blazetv software that came with it.

Im on W7U.

Do I need to install anything else apart from the driver and blazetv?

I was a bit unclear on that also. My transmitter is Spur Hill in Cork. The mpeg Ireland site gives 45 66 68 49 as the P1 B1 B2 B3 figures for that.

I took the P1 figure of 45, matched that up on the frequency mapping chart further on down the page and it showed 666000 Mhz, thats the frequency I scanned and it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I used the tuner on two computers:

at work (Cork City) I installed the driver and used Windows Media Center (W7U) to autoscan - picked up no problems.

at home (Cobh), I installed driver and BlazeTV (XP) and autoscanned - all channels received again no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Right I eventually got this from ellieshang.

What do I do next regarding frequency.

Im in Lucan and I know i have to put in the frequency but where and what is it. I looked at the three rock frequencies in Dublin which are 54 58 61 64
    This is where im at

5215998894_120e385542_m.jpg

I am in Maynooth and i got it working on frequency 738000 , just do a scan from 736000 to 740000 to cover everything. Had a problem getting signal in doors , stuck it out a window to test it and strenght went from 10% to 80% , Bit cold outside to leave window open though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Did anyone get this working on linux ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Gargantuan wrote: »
    I am in Maynooth and i got it working on frequency 738000 , just do a scan from 736000 to 740000 to cover everything. Had a problem getting signal in doors , stuck it out a window to test it and strenght went from 10% to 80% , Bit cold outside to leave window open though :)

OK I got this working on my netbook with XP but still no joy gettin it to work on my PC running W7U.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

OK I got this working on my netbook with XP but still no joy gettin it to work on my PC running WU7.

Any ideas?

Try running the driver and player in compatibility mode for XP or W2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Did anyone get this working on linux ?

To answer my own question YES it does work with linux (tested on linux mint 10)

Did anyone else find the magnet in the bottom of the "aerial" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pomahony

xp90 wrote: »
    Is there one of these available for Mac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Did everyone get a code for the BlazeTV software?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    To answer my own question YES it does work with linux (tested on linux mint 10)

Did anyone else find the magnet in the bottom of the "aerial" :D

There's a magnet on it?
    Mine is working fine in 7MC.

Edit: In Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Got my 2 from ellieshang as well. Great piece of kit for the price I paid, installed the software and got it running no problem on a Dell inspiron 1501 running Windows Vista. All it did was an auto scan and picked up 17 channels including some radio stations right away. I'm in south Dublin in a ground floor apartment behind a few tall buildings so was very surprised to pick up a signal so easy. Only problem I have was I tried to also install it on a Samsung NC10 netbook running Window XP and can't get it to work as well. I was able to tune in the stations and the dongle is reading when I plug it in but the channels appear for only a few seconds and then it stops working. I tried using VLC as I heard it uses less processing power but that doesn't seem to work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Did everyone get a code for the BlazeTV software?
    afaik a few people have said that its on the cd envelope?

i think i might pick up a couple of these bad boys. is there a particular supplier that can be relied on for quick delivery, or is it just pick one and keep my fingers crossed time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

anyone get this working in limerick?

nothing about limerick mentioned here: http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Tea_Bag wrote: »

Woodcock hill is like 15km from the city, should have no probs!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

vibe666 wrote: »
    i think i might pick up a couple of these bad boys. is there a particular supplier that can be relied on for quick delivery, or is it just pick one and keep my fingers crossed time?
    anyone? :(

anyone? :(

Try ellieshang... He eventually delivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Trevord wrote: »
    Yes the LED is quite useful for finding the signal. One LED lights up and remains lit when its got sufficient signal strength to work. Think the second led is to indicate when you are recording something (must plug it in to check that.)

Also did you follow these instructions?

1. Plug dongle into laptop
    2. Install driver (comes on mini cd in the package)
    3. reboot laptop
    4. Install vlc or the blazetv software (comes on mini cd in package)
    5. Find transponder frequency for your part of the country and note if it s horizontal or vertical (http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/dtt-muxes)
    6. Input frequency in software
    7. Fiddle around with aerial til you get a blue light on dongle (try holding it horizontally and vertically)
    8. Watch TV

If you still have no luck the signal in your area might be too weak.

I am more or less trying this in a house that has a birds eye view of Three Rock. But still no joy.

One of the things that I have noticed is that the TV Signal setup screen says "Digital Antenna (DVB-T): Unmapped Digital Terrestrial (1 Tuner)".

Does the "unmapped" business have anything to do with my issue?

Tea_Bag wrote: »

Yeah I'm in the city and got it working when I went upstairs with the laptop. Used Windows Media Centre. No need to use the supplied drivers/software mini CD.

• Advertisement

Mine glitches an awful lot!! Seriously pissing me off...

Spur hill is right outside my window and a have 4 gigs of ram so its not the laptop either!! grrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

afaik a few people have said that its on the cd envelope?

Thanks VIbe! Luckily just found the envelope in the bin WITH the code on it!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,130 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Thanks VIbe! Luckily just found the envelope in the bin WITH the code on it!!:D

seems to also be on the cd in a text file too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Dummy wrote: »
    I am more or less trying this in a house that has a birds eye view of Three Rock. But still no joy.

One of the things that I have noticed is that the TV Signal setup screen says "Digital Antenna (DVB-T): Unmapped Digital Terrestrial (1 Tuner)".

Have you tried installing the driver directly from the folder in the cd as opposed to using the autorun instalation?

When I used the autorun instal it told me it had been correctly installed but it actually had not. When I ran it straight from the cd it did install correctly and works perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Dummy wrote: »

Can't remember if I got this error when I was trying to get this up an running but would suggest following Whimsical's advice in his reply to your post (see above). Not sure that the interactive menu you see when the cd runs is installing driver properly for everyone.

Also you don't mention which software you are using (blaze, VLC, something else ?)

There is a post somewhere in this thread with the set up instructions for using VLC with this stick. You could give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Do any of these devices work on OSX?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Can't get this to work, should the lights on the stick light up?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,130 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

jimogr wrote: »
    Can't get this to work, should the lights on the stick light up?

only when you're have a signal

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Mine glitches an awful lot!! Seriously pissing me off...

Spur hill is right outside my window and a have 4 gigs of ram so its not the laptop either!! grrrrrrrrrr

same as, just down in wilton. sometimes its perfect, other times its unwatchable. it wouldnt surprise me if the rte mast was the problem though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just wondering if there is a satellite reciever version of this? To recieve freeview channels.

That way, could I potentially have both plugged in on USB and Windows Media Center 7 picking up both all in one epg?

Advertisement