Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

No snow but I got some of this...

PIC_0028.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ch750536 wrote: »
    No snow but I got some of this...

PIC_0028.JPG

sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

PIC_0030.JPG

Colmo52 wrote: »
    About four inches of snow here in West Cork. The most we've had in years.
    Which part of west cork?

Regarding the snow off the cork coast,using the ukmo radar loop and playing it gives a better idea of trajectory.
    It's definitely going to hit cork city nut not far north of the city as it's primary direction is west northwest as opposed to due northwest.
    Expect heavy snow and also expect thunder and lightning...affecting the same areas as last night except not as far north.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: Current -8.7 °C High -7.0 °C Low -9.5 °C
    Dew Point: Current -9.2 °C High -7.3 °C Low -10.2 °C

Very very icy. Even the front door lock was a bit stiff from the cold. :eek:

About to do the school run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

snowv.png

8:15 this morning. I like where this is headed :cool:

EDIT: Not sure why the picture isn't showing, here's the link

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/snowv.png/

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Be very careful in Dublin city centre, there are some *very* icy areas. Nearly went on my arse a few times getting into work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Which part of west cork?

Regarding the snow off the cork coast,using the ukmo radar loop and playing it gives a better idea of trajectory.
    It's definitely going to hit cork city nut not far north of the city as it's primary direction is west northwest as opposed to due northwest.
    Expect heavy snow and also expect thunder and lightning...affecting the same areas as last night except not as far north.

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Crossmolina yesterday

dsc01182e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

GavinH wrote: »
    Nice one

north cork is developing a snow shield! its bad when west cork gets more snow than us!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Be very careful in Dublin city centre, there are some *very* icy areas. Nearly went on my arse a few times getting into work this morning.

Beware of RTE journalists aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

School snow day here in Waterford even though there wasn't any fresh snow overnight. Saturday's snow is still there.

Forecasts are driving me nuts with most saying no more snow for Waterford and some saying lots tonight/tomorrow.

Any ideas?

snowv.png

8:15 this morning. I like where this is headed :cool:

EDIT: Not sure why the picture isn't showing, here's the link

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/snowv.png/

still nothing coming up

btw, poor falling on the ice guy, :( pure set up like. although at the same time he should have been walking that confidently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Most if not all schools closed in county wexford today. Only a small bit of fresh snow last night but zero thaw since friday night has really grounded the county to a halt.

The roads around here just have compacted snow now, cars not melting it or turning it to slush.

It's january 2010 but with twice the amount of snow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Looking at the cloud, If Cork city will get snow, It will be here around 10:30, Judging by how much it's moved in the past hour and a half.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Looking at the cloud, If Cork city will get snow, It will be here around 10:30, Judging by how much it's moved in the past hour and a half.

i'll be in college, in the cold part of the college i might add. oh well it'll be fun walking across the bridge this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Here in west cork its crazy. Looking out my window seeing cars losing all control and hopping off pillars.
    Rang work, its close to the city, so no snow, and they didn't believe i had snow down here:mad:. Told me to get in when i can. Can't see me being able to move for the day:(. Hate snow

rebel10 wrote: »
    Here in west cork its crazy. Looking out my window seeing cars losing all control and hopping off pillars.
    Rang work, its close to the city, so no snow, and they didn't believe i had snow down here:mad:. Told me to get in when i can. Can't see me being able to move for the day:(. Hate snow

there maybe hope here, have a teacher in west cork, although she's like the postman, she'll make it through any kind of weather

hope every one is ok btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    there maybe hope here, have a teacher in west cork, although she's like the postman, she'll make it through any kind of weather

hope every one is ok btw.
    There isin't a hope she will be in unless she has chains around the tyres! She could chance it later this morning but i really don't think the conditions will change much.
    Everyone is fine, just lots of abandoned cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TheMutations

There may be more potential in this clump of showers than last nights, as the sun will heat the land slightly.

Still preparing for the worst and hoping for the best:).

• Advertisement

i'm liking this cloud, it looks like it has potential and it looks rather full

well i'm hoping for the best, although my hopes arent that high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

north cork is developing a snow shield! its bad when west cork gets more snow than us!
    :D
    (tries to stifle a snigger)

enjoy your snow. seriously how the fawk did west cork gets snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

i'd be doing the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I watched the cloud last night move right over cobh and city,and we got nothing.Expecting the same again today to be honest.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

why does a county like cork get snow?,kind of a waste tbh....I hope a big warm front comes in & melts it all away!

Just drove the 2 miles along my country road into Arklow.
    The snow on the road was rubbing the underside of the jeep as I drove in the road tracks which gives you an idea of the depth!
    The town and out here looks like something out of Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I'm like a child this morning... we had snow! :) Sorry.... *ahem*...

Ok, so there was a sprinkling of snow this morning near Kinsale.... See enclosed picture of the R600 this morning.... driving conditions were actually fine.,... but if it freezes down on this then no cars will move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

In Crosshaven - not a trace of snow yet - but I need to get to Waterford to deliver thesis by Nov 30th :( ..... should I head off today or tomorrow? Take the camper (rear wheel drive, diesel) or 4WD (with traction control etc. - but it's an automatic - :eek: ) ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Looking at raintoday it looks like just west cork is gonna get snow again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement