Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

where in west cork are you Cu?

I won't be too precise ;). Clonakilty-ish area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

rhonin wrote: »
    :pac: -30 last night I believe!

-30? Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

;) Sky News resort report!! :D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I won't be too precise ;). Clonakilty-ish area.

ye're certainly doing well from last night and this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

OwenC weather network :D

• Advertisement

Avns1s wrote: »
    ;) Sky News resort report!! :D:D:D;)

The previous record was -17.5 so would be a hell of a record.

rhonin wrote: »
    OwenC weather network :D

Cold got to my brain. Running slow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Guessing you weren't around last winter :D

Its just a running joke about a poster called owenc who was unhealthily obsessed with snow and always exaggerated Coleraines weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Harps wrote: »
    Guessing you weren't around last winter :D

Its just a running joke about a poster called owenc who was unhealthily obsessed with snow and always exaggerated Coleraines weather

Miss him this year though, I have to admit. Some of his rants used to have me in fits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Up to 4 inches gona be dumped on east coast tonight according to met eireanns forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Just after having a light snow shower here in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Getting cloudy on the east coast now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

ye're certainly doing well from last night and this morning!
    Yep, for once.
    Anywhere I've lived has always been one of those places where you see cars from somewhere else, driving past with an inch or 2 on the roof, and while the rest of the country is snowed under, am enjoying a light drizzle.
    Not today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Nothing on the radar just yet, but a big dark cloud has just covered Dublin. Looks like we could be in for some snow a little later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭woody1

okay i know nothing about weather or snow or how many inches came or are coming so im going to ask those that seem to know

how long do ye expect this to last..my wife is due christmas week or thereabouts will it still be like this ... we have an hour drive ( on a dry road ) to sligo general watching the forecasts with increasing worry but i dont know how much faith to have in long term as far as i can see its gonna be chronic for another 2 weeks at least... or is this accurate...

ye all seem to be snow lovers so i wont tell ye what i think of the current weather situation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Some more accumulation in Dundalk overnight.

A shower about 15 min ago threw down some light grauppel. It's in a line of (building) CB's that are headed SSW down the coast.
    Another clump to my north just straddling the cooley mountains looks like it could give some heavier stuff in the next hour.

woody1 wrote: »
    okay i know nothing about weather or snow or how many inches came or are coming so im going to ask those that seem to know

how long do ye expect this to last..my wife is due christmas week or thereabouts will it still be like this ... we have an hour drive ( on a dry road ) to sligo general watching the forecasts with increasing worry but i dont know how much faith to have in long term as far as i can see its gonna be chronic for another 2 weeks at least... or is this accurate...

ye all seem to be snow lovers so i wont tell ye what i think of the current weather situation...

No way to forecast to Christmas week. It will be here until the weekend is probably as accurate as it can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donovane1

Wondering if many people in west cork were are to get to work or travel this morning..... couldn't make it to work but feel really guilty now........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Dark clouds coming over D12 now...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

LID wrote: »
    Dark clouds coming over D12 now...:)

There's activity in the irish sea pepping up, but it's not here yet... it is on track to hit dublin if it keeps its current course though.

• Advertisement

How long we talking? What's the dew point?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Wertz wrote: »
    Some more accumulation in Dundalk overnight.

A shower about 15 min ago threw down some light grauppel. It's in a line of (building) CB's that are headed SSW down the coast.
    Another clump to my north just straddling the cooley mountains looks like it could give some heavier stuff in the next hour.

Just looking at that now from Clogherhead. We got rain earlier on from a shower that came from the NE. Hopefully wont get anymore rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

clouds look like hitting me here and the temp is now rapidly rising and dp now just below 0
    i'll go mad if it rains :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

jambofc wrote: »
    clouds look like hitting me here and the temp is now rapidly rising and dp now just below 0
    i'll go mad if it rains :mad:

what is going on with this temp rise, dammit. Dublin Airport -1. Mild for midday! But seriously, this is milder than yesterday:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

skipz wrote: »
    Just looking at that now from Clogherhead. We got rain earlier on from a shower that came from the NE. Hopefully wont get anymore rain!

What we got earlier looked slightly sleety but that was only when it started. As it was fizzling out, it was entirely snow.
    Some heat in the sunlight we're getting here currently...that can only mean good things for evaporation/convection out in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

inabina wrote: »
    what is going on with this temp rise, dammit. Dublin Airport -1. Mild for midday! But seriously, this is milder than yesterday:confused:

it's still november if it was January it would be much colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

what is going on with this temp rise, dammit. Dublin Airport -1. Mild for midday! But seriously, this is milder than yesterdayconfused.gif

remember that for the next few hours the sun is at it's best but after 2/3 the temps will plummet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Cloud now overhead Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Something falling lightly now and there have been odd flakes of snow all morning in addition to those being blown off the trees by a very light breeze. Sky is gravid and grey.. looks as though we kinght be dumped on heavily at any time.. West Cork....Intensely cold

• Advertisement

Has cleared again over Dublin :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement