Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Has cleared again over Dublin :mad:

Not here, there's plenty of cloud overhead, although I'm facing west and can't see out east!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Has cleared again over Dublin :mad:

Don't worry about it. Met Eir just forecast 4 - 8 inches tomorrow for Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Interesting warning from Met Eireann!

Issued at 29 November 2010 - 11:40
    WEATHER ADVISORY
    Heavy snowfalls expected tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night in east Leinster with accumulations of 5-10cm of snow in inland locations and 10-20cm in Counties Louth and Dublin and 15-25cm in County Wicklow.

Valid from: 18:00 29/11/2010
    to: 00:00 01/12/2010

This exceptionally cold weather will continue through the week.
    Night-time temperatures will drop as low as -10C (or lower) and daytime maxima of zero to 4 degrees C.
    Further snow showers will occur with a high risk of significant accumulations in the east.
    Freezing fog also.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Interesting warning from Met Eireann!

Issued at 29 November 2010 - 11:40
    WEATHER ADVISORY
    Heavy snowfalls expected tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night in east Leinster with accumulations of 5-10cm of snow in inland locations and 10-20cm in Counties Louth and Dublin and 15-25cm in County Wicklow.

Valid from: 18:00 29/11/2010
    to: 00:00 01/12/2010

This exceptionally cold weather will continue through the week.
    Night-time temperatures will drop as low as -10C (or lower) and daytime maxima of zero to 4 degrees C.
    Further snow showers will occur with a high risk of significant accumulations in the east.
    Freezing fog also.

YES! YES! YES! Bring it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

They've gone and jinxed it now ;)

More immediately, it's hard to read the activity in the Irish sea. If it'll bring much of anything or not. Some of it seems to have decayed a bit on the latest radar. We'll see as it get closer to land.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LouiseD3

Cloudy now up in tallaght, really hope it starts snowing soon as I want to get off work early, Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Three hourly weather forecast°F | °C
    Monday 29 NovTimeForecastTempFeels likeWindHumidityPrecipitation chanceNoon34.gifFair1°-3°16 km / hr ENE79%15%1532.gifClear1°-1°8 km / hr NE82%10%1829.gifPartly Cloudy-2°-5°10 km / hr NNE94%15%2131.gifClear-2°-6°10 km / hr NNE95%15%Tuesday 30 NovTimeForecastTempFeels likeWindHumidityPrecipitation chance0031.gifClear-3°-7°14 km / hr N94%20%0329.gifPartly Cloudy-2°-7°14 km / hr N91%20%0616.gifFlurries-2°-6°13 km / hr NNE90%65%0913.gifSnow Showers1°-4°20 km / hr NE92%95%Noon41.gifScattered Flurries2°-4°27 km / hr ENE86%65%1534.gifFair1°-4°22 km / hr NE85%40%1833.gifFair0°-5°18 km / hr NE81%35%2133.gifFair-1°-6°18 km / hr NNE81%35%Wednesday 01 DecTimeForecastTempFeels likeWindHumidityPrecipitation chance0046.gifScattered Flurries-2°-7°17 km / hr NNE82%35%

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I am thinking that Met Eireann have gone and jinxed it, but tomorrow afternoon may be when the east coast is cold enough for snow to settle. I wouldn't rule a couple more inches of snow in Dublin city by tomorrow night at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

29 November 2010- updated at 06:00
    Today

Many areas continuing dry and clear today but scattered snow showers will occur. A very severe frost this morning with ice and freezing fog patches and temperatures barely rising above zero this afternoon.

Tonight

Heavy snow showers are possible tonight with significant accumulations. Lowest air temperatures zero to -4 degrees with a very severe frost, ice and freezing fog.

Tomorrow

Tuesday: Further snow showers will occur and there may be drifting as easterly winds freshen. Feeling bitterly cold. Highest temperatures 2 or 3 degrees but feeling sub-zero in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Is there now something developing in the Irish sea, coming from the North East towards Dublin and Louth??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

flanzer wrote: »
    Is there now something developing in the Irish sea, coming from the North East towards Dublin and Louth??

Seems to be flanzer but it keeps breaking up on approach, it might drop a bit here & there

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bray man

looks like it but the streamers seems to be getting weaker and weaker as they get close to land. we'll see when they arrive i guess:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Not much happening here(so far) today, there was a thaw, but think it's stopped now. Does not feel as cold as yesterday. It will take a good thaw to get rid of our Snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

It wont last long if it makes aground, its too patchy , but ye there is snow in it.

Could I just suggest that anyone with old or infirm neighbors just check in on them, see if they need anything from the shops, etc. its all fun for us but can be hell for them. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Jesus way for Met to put the blinkers on this one.

10-20cm in Dublin, in a forecast!

That's just sick!

Now it is defo gonna rain:D:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

all this snow which is gonna be REALLY heavy tonight, imf bailout, all we need now is the 4 horsemen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

dacogawa wrote: »
    Could I just suggest that anyone with old or infirm neighbors just check in on them, see if they need anything from the shops, etc. its all fun for us but can be hell for them. smile.gif

Also for the clowns that are flying around in their 4x4s thinking they won't skid, bear in mind they will, when you apply the brakes when trying to avoid a poor kid enjoying the snow.

That streamer in dublin bay seems to have put on a bit of bulk again, the clouds off the coast look nasty, might get a bit in Dublin soon (but dont hold me to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Also for the clowns that are flying around in their 4x4s thinking they won't skid, bear in mind they will, when you apply the brakes when trying to avoid a poor kid enjoying the snow.

yes, i saw a few of them, arrogant twits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

That streamer in dublin bay seems to have put on a bit of bulk again, the clouds off the coast look nasty, might get a bit in Dublin soon (but dont hold me to it)

very dark clouds east of sandyford....looks quite timid on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Already done my bit today,helped an old man out his car up the steps into the bank,waited for him out side and helped him down again,makes you feel good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

inabina wrote: »
    very dark clouds east of sandyford....looks quite timid on the radar

Fairly good cloud cover in Blacrock again right now. What's the dew point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Over city @ 12:40 moving fast
    60806638.jpg

Looking NE, i see percip low under this in dist.
    40328345.jpg

ESE to E see snow under it.
    86005927.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Met.ie radar showing an intense blob over Portarlington all morning.
    Are they having their own snow party or have we been testing nuclear weapons ?.

really thinking about buying a sledge off ebay for the child,just know soon as i do it'll melt and rain all winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Potential Streamer heading into Dublin in next hours.

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Met.ie radar showing an intense blob over Portarlington all morning.
    Are they having their own snow party or have we been testing nuclear weapons ?.
    not a cloud in the sky in port at the minute,or a least over my house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Is the heavy snow forecast limited to the east coast? Anything on the horizon for the NW??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭NoodleMc

Keep having to get the calculator out - still can't visualize cm's, only inches! I blame it on my age and spending 13 years in the US! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement