Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bianchi - with added Face of Bike Thief!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

While I appreciate the sentiment, please don't suggest any violence against the thief. They just want to get their bike back and don't want to be the cause of someone getting a kicking, no matter what they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

el tonto wrote: »
    k and don't want to be the cause of someone getting a kicking.

...especially if my similar looking Bianchi is mistaken for the stolen one...:eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anyone who beats up Funkyzeit will get a one week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I havent read through the entire thread, but just thought i would suggest keeping an eye on ebay/gumtree/adverts/buyandsell/donedeal etc. in case it pops up.

Best of luck with getting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I havent read through the entire thread, but just thought i would suggest keeping an eye on ebay/gumtree/adverts/buyandsell/donedeal etc. in case it pops up.

Best of luck with getting it back

I have been checking them multiple times daily :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Okay here's something quick I drew up in Movie Maker (i.e. so it's pretty basic).. but if you have a facebook account you could link it and copy it around quickly..

I can give you the account details if you pm me with the details of your email account..

Also, have you thought about trying to find that guy in the suit, he is likely to work in the same building is he not??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

But what if he deserves it? He never did the promised ride in the mankini did he....?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Vid up on twitter, please RT if yis can, thanks
    http://twitter.com/#!/PortoDoyler/status/5265588339351553

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

double post..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

That's a fairly cheap price to pay to have a go at a human punching bag :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yeah I'd love to swing that thieving fella around by his eyebrows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yeah I'd love to swing that thieving fella around by his eyebrows.

I don't think we should go down the route of abusing Funkyzeits eyebrows for a bike he may or may not have legitimately bought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Is that all I'm worth!!

That's it - I'm going to the dark side and heading to over to A/R/T forum mankini and all....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Is that all I'm worth!!

That was my point. Sometimes I think that those who are appointed mod status can loose a little perspective. If I were to steal a cream egg I could get some jail time, for example.

I'm sending the heavies up to Funkyzeit for a little fun as I type this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    ...especially if my similar looking Bianchi is mistaken for the stolen one...:eek:

I doubt it will be, is yours ever clean? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

scumbagposter.jpg

Apologies for derailing, last time, i PROMISE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

id blow up that pic and get a huge poster and lash it up in that area where it was nicked , somebodys bound to see him or even he himself might see it and ****r himself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think somebody will identify him from this, if they see it... BUT the only thing is, he looks foreign to me so this might reduce the "audience" capable of identifying...

<snip>

Looks like <snip>.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

So the cheeky fu€ker casualy puts on a visibility jacket before nicking the bike & cycling off?

Hopefully with a pic of his face you'll catch the €unt & get the bike back!

A high vis jacket is the best thing to wear,
    when your up to no good in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

SPOTTED HIM!!!!! Saw our man yesterday walking from leonard's corner towards town along the south circular road at 12.55pm. 100% certain it was him (verified by my girlfriend who has been following the thread . I recognised his face instantly, even before i noticed that he was still wearing the same coat and hat as in the picture. He was carrying a newspaper which I'm guessing he probably bought (or stole) on Leonard's corner. Although not guaranteed, their is A VERY GOOD chance that he lives or works in the area. Unfortunately, I was very late to a wedding and driving the opposite direction and thus unable to fulfill a life long dream of following a criminal and solving a crime!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Several well-known junctions in Dublin city still carry the name of the pub or business which used to occupy the corner.

While this practice is by no means unique to Dublin, the pace of recent development there has meant that the original source of the name is more likely to have disappeared.

Examples include:

Leonard's Corner: at the junction of South Circular Road and Clanbrassil Street.

I hadn't a clue where. Had to google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

The net is closing in:)

I wonder if he was carrying his tool kit in the newspaper:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 waylon Jennings

I live close to Leonards corner, I'll keep an eye out and pass his picture on to fellow dublin 8 citizens. We have to flush the weasel out.

My girlfriend has just reminded me that he was wearing a backpack. She has become convinced that he goes to <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

135663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

happytramp wrote: »
    My girlfriend has just reminded me that he was wearing a backpack. <snip>

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

I've been following this from the west. Keep up the Good work. The net is closing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Calibos wrote: »
    Looks like <snip>.
    happytramp wrote: »
    My girlfriend has just reminded me that he was wearing a backpack. <snip>

Ok, enough is enough. This is becoming a paranoid witchhunt of some foreign bloke who is going to college in <snip>.

(1) There is not one shred of evident that this bloke is <snip> or anywhere else for that matter. He is a scumbag thief - his nationality has **** all to do with theivery. Theives come from everywhere.

(2) Likewise there is not a shred of evidence that this bloke goes to <snip> for that matter. This is bull****, pure bull****.

Either you folk are taking the piss or you will at very worst precipitate some foreign looking bloke getting an undeserve hiding.

The mods should seriously get this under control - it looks enormously foolish.;

I take your point ROK, however I also think you are over reacting. A certain amount of deduction is necessary to solve any crime right? :) Surely if someone is trying to locate their bike it's worth showing a picture to a security guard or a shopkeeper in the area. I agree that the nationality of the thief is irrelevant (I simply mentioned it because some people thought the person in question might be a foreign national) but trying to imply it's turning into a racist with hunt is a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm with ROK, the <snip> comment is def out or order and going down the 'foreigner' route isn't healthy.
    I cant see the relevance of nationality re catching they guy, I know a foreigner, should I ask him if he stole it?
    Perhaps we should start checking peoples papers while they walk down the street, of course if we insisted they need a permit to buy a bike it would be very easy to catch them......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement