Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bianchi - with added Face of Bike Thief!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

dlofnep wrote: »
    Has anybody blown this up in photoshop and sharpened it up a bit yet?

Just like in CSI Miami - can you zoom in on the tyres? I'd like to know what psi they take...

What always amazes me about CCTV is that they give you ****ty quality images & with just 10 seconds in Photoshop they can give you a perfect image suitable for publication in the finest glossies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

happytramp wrote: »
    SPOTTED HIM!!!!! Saw our man yesterday walking from leonard's corner towards town along the south circular road at 12.55pm. 100% certain it was him (verified by my girlfriend who has been following the thread . I recognised his face instantly, even before i noticed that he was still wearing the same coat and hat as in the picture. He was carrying a newspaper which I'm guessing he probably bought (or stole) on Leonard's corner. Although not guaranteed, their is A VERY GOOD chance that he lives or works in the area. Unfortunately, I was very late to a wedding and driving the opposite direction and thus unable to fulfill a life long dream of following a criminal and solving a crime!!

Be on the look out for him tomorrow folks. He was sighted Friday last week. Most people follow routines, he will probably be in the same area at the same time tomorrow.

135663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

What's the possibility that he could be looking at this thread!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

cormpat wrote: »
    What's the possibility that he could be looking at this thread!?

Shhh... Just whisper. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Seamus, sorry to go OT but where does the 5 year requirement come from for the arrestable offence? This power is regularly used to detain shoplifters and I've never seen anyone get 5 years for shoplifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

So, did a bit of a stakeout of Leonard's Corner for about hour around the time I spotted him last week. No luck I'm afraid, but I won't give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Maybe he's using a cunning disguise....

http://www.frankbeecostume.com/dlxadultmario.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

Got here through someones signature so good idea to put the link/pic in the sigs :D

Unfortunately I don't know him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Just like in CSI Miami - can you zoom in on the tyres? I'd like to know what psi they take...

What always amazes me about CCTV is that they give you ****ty quality images & with just 10 seconds in Photoshop they can give you a perfect image suitable for publication in the finest glossies.
    Its down to the CCTV system installed. CCTV can cost anything from a few hundred to several thousand. The sofisticated systems are almost HD with some having the capibilities of facial recognition software. Unfortunitally this was a cheaper system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Its down to the CCTV system installed. CCTV can cost anything from a few hundred to several thousand. The sofisticated systems are almost HD with some having the capibilities of facial recognition software. Unfortunitally this was a cheaper system.

Sorry, but what you mostly see in CSI is bullsh1t. You can't recreate data that was never captured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

nitrogen wrote: »
    Sorry, but what you mostly see in CSI is bullsh1t. You can't recreate data that was never captured.

How dare you call Horatio a charlatan! Repent Heathen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

nitrogen wrote: »

Oh yeah! :)

137915.JPG

On a serious note hope you get your bike back Raam.

By the way found this montage here

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

trad wrote: »
    Seamus, sorry to go OT but where does the 5 year requirement come from for the arrestable offence? This power is regularly used to detain shoplifters and I've never seen anyone get 5 years for shoplifting.
    The maximum sentence for larceny is 10(?) years. It is the maximum sentence that counts, not the actual sentence imposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

here's my attempt at "doing a CSI"

Hope you catch the mother****er.

5238366902_651a6ddb88_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

looks a bit like brian dowling
    brian-dowling.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

looks a bit like brian dowling

He was in rehearsal for the panto at the time... He got alibis from Cinderella and one of the ugly sisters..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Pity we never found this prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Let's make it a new year resolution to get the unsub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Bump, Having had a bike or two stolen from me in the past I'd really like to know if this person gets caught or bike returned. String 'em up with murderers etc...

I haven't seen a CSI picture in this thread. I am disappoint etc.

Haven't the energy myself to come up with a decent one but somethign along the lines:

"The bike thief was killed in his sleep"

"He must have been.............two tired"

"looks like the bike thief was killed by his crazy ex girlfriend"

"I guess he was riding the wrong.... cycle-path"

*gets coat and leaves*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Just a suggestion but if video from the security camera is available that might be worth posting up.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Thread locked at the request of the OP. If anyone sees the bike, they can PM Raam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement