Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bianchi - with added Face of Bike Thief!

Options
  • 15-11-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the ugly face of bike theft. Caught on CCTV nicking the missus' Bianchi.

134889.jpg134890.jpg

If you spot a small black Bianchi Via Nirone with a silver mudguard on the rear, pink and black schwalbe tyres, please let me know when and where.

It was stolen near Harcourt Street last Friday (12th Nov)

Here is the bike with different tyres.
    134891.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

So the cheeky fu€ker casualy puts on a visibility jacket before nicking the bike & cycling off?

Hopefully with a pic of his face you'll catch the €unt & get the bike back!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paddyduc

Took him 18 mins to lift it, must not be very good at this. Hope you catch him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I hope you went to the Gardai with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The photo is about as good as they come, but still its not definitive.

Any chance of a youtube video?

I hope you catch him, or maybe they can identify him in the morgue after a crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

He looks posh for a bike thief, strange outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sorry to hear about the theft man, hope you manage to get it back.

Without wanting to make enemies, but I'm curious Mod's if it's allowed to post such pictures. I'm happy to take the OP's word for it that the bike was stolen, but is boards not leaving itself open to being sued for liable / slander but posting images accusing someone of commiting a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Most of us people here know the bike and the owner of the bike and it is not this man's bike. The lock was found broken by Raam's wife.
    I really doubt this thief would sue for defamation ... so let the internet be useful.

Beside, the saddle is way too low for your man ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If we're sure that the photos are unambiguous about what's taking place, it's perfectly allowable to show them. In this instance, I see no problem with them.

Any other questions, PM the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spokeydokey

Gillo wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the theft man, hope you manage to get it back.

You too have described it as theft!:eek:
    I hope you like porridge.

Please god the young victim in the photos will get over this slander some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thats f***ing ****e,Raam.
    Really really hope they find the scumbag and the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If the man pictured would like to contact me by PM I would be delighted to arrange "legal representation".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't know what is more shocking, the fact he stole LDB's bike, or that he thought high-viz was an acceptable substitution for lights. At least we know now there is a clear link between high-viz and criminal behaviour.

Anyway, best of luck recovering the bike. Surely theft 101 (and Gene Hackman in "Enemy of the State") says keep your head down and don't go staring at security cameras, thank god he appears to be from the idiot criminal brigade, should hopefully be easy for the Gardai to dispense some justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him
    Please catch him

Must be said though, white hat and shoes, you did attract a well dressed and quite euro thief.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I don't know what is more shocking, the fact he stole LDB's bike, or that he thought high-viz was an acceptable substitution for lights.

As it happens, the lights were still on the bike. We'd like those back too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Sorry to hear about another nice bike getting stolen :(
    Did you bother passing the photos to the guards? I emailed mine of the three young lads stealing the bike at arnotts to crimestoppers but they haven't even acknowledged my email. Similarly my previous chat with trafficwatch about the diamond living van driver elicited none of the promised follow up or even acknowledgement. You kind of give up.

Hi all,
    yes, the guards have already been provided with all information available to us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It's time to get our vigilante on :eek:

On a more serious note, I pass by that way a few times a week, will keep an eyeout, any chance you have a frame number, in case it is seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

would make your blood boil, even worse seeing the guy who took it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Gavin wrote: »
    He looks posh for a bike thief, strange outfit.

You expected him to dress like the Hamburgler?
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Surely theft 101 (and Gene Hackman in "Enemy of the State") says keep your head down and don't go staring at security cameras, thank god he appears to be from the idiot criminal brigade, should hopefully be easy for the Gardai to dispense some justice.

Unfortunately that photo isn't great unless you catch the person with the bike or other evidence. That photo alone isn't enough.

I think you are underestimating him by calling him an idiot. He did get the bike, and wore the vest while working on the bike, making people think it was his own bike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Raam, may I suggest making a signature up on boards with a picture of the thief/details so as to make sure he gets maximum coverage here :)
    Then put it as you sig and anyone else that wants to help could do so as well.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Raam, may I suggest making a signature up on boards with a picture of the thief/details so as to make sure he gets maximum coverage here :)

Done, it links to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

poochiem wrote: »
    I emailed mine of the three young lads stealing the bike at arnotts to crimestoppers but they haven't even acknowledged my email.

No offense but i think they have bigger fish to fry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If everyone thanks the original post it'll make it on to the list of most thanked posts (about 10 thanks is needed) and maybe more people will see it via there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe stick up a map of where this car park (?) is. I doubt he's a stranger to wandering in and looking for stuff to take, so people nearby could keep an eye out for him.

seamus wrote: »
    Maybe stick up a map of where this car park (?) is. I doubt he's a stranger to wandering in and looking for stuff to take, so people nearby could keep an eye out for him.

I don't wish to give away the exact location, for privacy reasons, but it is in the Harcourt Street area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

seamus wrote: »

I have forwarded the thread to friends who work in the area to advise their colleagues about the risk so as to give maximum awareness about it / him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

No offense but i think they have bigger fish to fry.

Stealing bikes is a crime, stopping a gang of thieves stealing bikes and possibly leading to bigger fish is how good policing works. Please don't think that the Guards are not interested, I reported continued vandalism to my bike at Balally Luas station and they got to the bottom of it and had words and it has not happened since. They take any form of theft seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

They take any form of theft seriously.

Is that what they told you? :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Folks, can we keep it on topic. This is not a thread about the Guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Cabaal wrote: »

I think Cabaal could have been suggesting something like this for your sig.

135010.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement