Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I have a kits folder in a graphics folder.
    I have skin cache unticked.
    I have the reload ticked.

And yet it doesn't work :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

SantryRed wrote: »
    I have a kits folder in a graphics folder.
    I have skin cache unticked.
    I have the reload ticked.

And yet it doesn't work :confused::(

Same as me, i've stopped trying now too, it really effects the look of the game without all the faces and crests and kits too :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Have ye pressed the reload skin button in the bottom left hand corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Where's the cheapest price at a physical retailer at the moment?

Wonder what Tesco are selling it for?

HMV for 32. I'd say thats as cheap as you will get it.

• Advertisement

Have ye pressed the reload skin button in the bottom left hand corner?

Yep. Still didn't work.

Decided to delete all the kits and download a different pack. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm sick of the sulking
    Drop any player and they moan. I don't want to interact with players when they have status "concerned"

I won promotion to the Championship and three years later to the Premiership and now that I've hit the big time, my best goalkeeper and best young striker want to leave "for a new challenge"

I signed them as free agents, plucked them off the dole queue and made them stars.

9 months left on their contracts, I've offered big money to resign and they won't. So now it's October and I must sell them to recoup some cash and I need to locate and sign replacements by January

Grrrrrr!
    Ah but that's why I love the game :)

Jay DeMerit is a beast. And a leader, my captain. Love the guy, ex Watford

Wait hang on,

Are the kits for the 3D match view? Or for the kits beside the team names when looking on split view? I don't use the 3D as my laptop would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭MooShop

Wow, you are doing really well, flying up the divisions. It doesn't seem to take you too long to get through a season either, how in-depth do you look at the game, and do you assign the training and tactics yourself or do you get your staff to do that for you?

I haven't played FM properly in a long time, I just found it used to take over my life, but I'm really considering getting back into it as I love the game.

Keep the posts coming about your progress, it's very interesting to see how you are doing. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Wait hang on,

Are the kits for the 3D match view? Or for the kits beside the team names when looking on split view? I don't use the 3D as my laptop would explode.

No there for beside the team names as far as i know.

I just got it working this morning now too, you might have been doing what i was doing.

You need to create a graphics folder for faces, logos and kits, i was creating this going Programe Files>Sports Interactive>FootballaManager2011

Even though i've seen and read how to do it i never noticed that it should be

My Documents>Sports Interactive>FootballManager2011>Graphics>Faces

The kits loaded up straight away for me, and some of the logos i put in, i've yet to try anything else but this might be what you are doing wrong :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

MOG7 wrote: »
    No there for beside the team names as far as i know.

I just got it working this morning now too, you might have been doing what i was doing.

You need to create a graphics folder for faces, logos and kits, i was creating this going Programe Files>Sports Interactive>FootballaManager2011

Even though i've seen and read how to do it i never noticed that it should be

My Documents>Sports Interactive>FootballManager2011>Graphics>Faces

The kits loaded up straight away for me, and some of the logos i put in, i've yet to try anything else but this might be what you are doing wrong :o

MOG, can you point me in the right direction for where to get these packs??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jesus this is pissing me off.

I have it in the document folder for Sports Interactive. Have everything that I'm supposed to do but it won't work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I have it in the document folder for Sports Interactive. Have everything that I'm supposed to do but it won't work :confused:

Make sure that the graphics folers is in my Documents and not in programme files, then create the sub folder kits , faces , logos and extract the files into the folders. Then in game go to preferances and click Reload on confirm and untick use skin cache , they should then load up for you.

Have you done all that?

Have to say the game looks a million times better with the kits, logos and facepacks I spend a while doing this yesturday, also dark skin looks the nuts with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

GRRRR. Looks like Cork City are set as a professional club instead of semi-professional in game. The club has the finaces of a part-time club but because of the professional status all the players are looking for full-time wages. I've reported the issue on the si forums.

EDIT: just changed it in the data editor so i might start the game again as semi-professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Make sure that the graphics folers is in my Documents and not in programme files, then create the sub folder kits , faces , logos and extract the files into the folders. Then in game go to preferances and click Reload on confirm and untick use skin cache , they should then load up for you.

Have you done all that?

Have to say the game looks a million times better with the kits, logos and facepacks I spend a while doing this yesturday, also dark skin looks the nuts with them.

moronic question of the year coming up here, but how do you do that- "extract the files into the folders"- i know its something to do with winrar (i think) what programme do you use and how do u do it? this is where im going wrong as i clearly havent a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Originally Posted by Oatesy23
    Does anyone know how I can change the squad view from the FM2011 one back to the one I used all the time in FM2010.
    I've checked the ''views'' tab, that's where you changed it in 2010 but I can't find the option. I'll be disappointed if it's gone. I prefer it side by side.

anyone figure out the above at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Make sure you have the cache button unchecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

moronic question of the year coming up here, but how do you do that- "extract the files into the folders"- i know its something to do with winrar (i think) what programme do you use and how do u do it? this is where im going wrong as i clearly havent a clue
    Yes, download Winrar
    When you download the files and click on them they should extract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

MooShop wrote: »
    Wow, you are doing really well, flying up the divisions. It doesn't seem to take you too long to get through a season either, how in-depth do you look at the game, and do you assign the training and tactics yourself or do you get your staff to do that for you?

I haven't played FM properly in a long time, I just found it used to take over my life, but I'm really considering getting back into it as I love the game.

Keep the posts coming about your progress, it's very interesting to see how you are doing. Cheers.
    i'd be interested in knowing this too

ShaneU wrote: »

Got all of these steps finished now - have to say, the game is 100% aesthetically more pleasing now that i've got them all finished.

Irishcrx wrote: »

Have you done all that?

Yeah, I have exactly what you said done. Does it make any difference that I'm on Windows Vista do you think?

Right, well the Crests megapack that I downloaded worked so now I'm stumped.

This is exactly what I did when downloading the kits.

I used winrar, when it was downloaded I extracted the files to a kits folder in a graphics folder which I had created. There are now 4 folders in the kits folder which are the four separate parts which I downloaded.

Did I do anything wrong or anything I haven't done?

Think I have been playing this game for around 30 hours. I usually spend a lot of time pre-season setting everything up. I don't really depend on the assistant manager that much, bar the odd press conference. Do all the training and tactics myself and individual team talks for each player. I watch key highlights and have motivation and player ratings and match stats widgets open, so I can get a good idea of where I am going wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Looming forward to getting stuck into this. What with the Dynamic leagues implemented, the race is on to see who can take an Irish club to European glory.

Had a quick few starts with an NI div 2 team but I just can't attract any kind of decent player, pay them a wage or find a tactic that yields results.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm really liking the enhanced interactions. For instance, having a conversation about the merits behind signing a player when all of my transfer budget had gone. Very cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My first expensive signing on FM 2011 is Phil Jones of Blackburn for €12m, who my scouts reckon will be a leading Premier Divison centre half in the future - here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Right, well the Crests megapack that I downloaded worked so now I'm stumped.

This is exactly what I did when downloading the kits.

I used winrar, when it was downloaded I extracted the files to a kits folder in a graphics folder which I had created. There are now 4 folders in the kits folder which are the four separate parts which I downloaded.

Did I do anything wrong or anything I haven't done?

Take a screenshoot of exactly what your kits folder looks like. Mine goes Graphics>Kits and then Premiership/Championship/League 1/League 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'm just wondering if anyone else here is having problems with some of the tactics setting being reset after changing them. I googled it and it seems to be a common enough bug. I set my tactics 3 times before a match and everytime i hit continue and checked them again after a day had passed, some of the settings were after resetting.

Advertisement