Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I got one after the first patch, had to replay 3 months. First crash dump I ever got in any fm.

Do you not use rolling saves? I find them live savers. I had a similar experience, started using rolling saves, dont have to worry about loosing hours of game play ever again!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redtom33

Can someone help me. My FM11 was worling fine but when I installed the
    patch it has decided not to read the disk anymore. Anyone any ideas?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Wonder what kind of a state Man Utd's finances will be in aswell..
    Painful enough. You start out with about 160m, but lose about 10-15m a month due to the loans. I'm only at the end of Dec in the first season, doing great on the pitch, but I know that if I don't win everything I'll end up completely broke some time at the start of next season.

Worst comes to worst, I may end up needing to replace some of my higher earners with cheaper ones and let Giggs/Scholes/Neville's contracts expire at the end of the year. I reckon it won't be too bad swapping out Ferdinand, Vidic, Berbatov and Hargreaves as I have my eye on younger versions with just as good potential, but the elephant in the room is Rooney as he's on 200k. He does have 23 goals in 21 appearances so I'll need to do absolutely everything I can to keep him.

redtom33 wrote: »
    Can someone help me. My FM11 was worling fine but when I installed the
    patch it has decided not to read the disk anymore. Anyone any ideas?:confused:

This is why you should have an SI account and either look around for a similar problem or ask SI directly.

Tried re-inserting the CD? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got one after the first patch, had to replay 3 months. First crash dump I ever got in any fm.

Ouch. I was at least lucky in that regard that i usually save before every match so i only have to replay about a week in-game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭redtom33

Dempsey wrote: »
    This is why you should have an SI account and either look around for a similar problem or ask SI directly.

Tried re-inserting the CD? :o

It's okay now, deleted the patch and re-installed fm11.:D Patch must have been faulty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

CSF wrote: »
    Crash dumps are so much worse this time around:mad:
    +1

Ive had less since installing the patch and running windows update, however they still occur. Its very off putting. If next years FM is the same I wont be buying anymore.

I wish they would fcuking TEST the game before releasing it. Is it that much to ask that a product be fit for use??

Some people on the SI forums have had an improvement with the crash dumps when they untick the data collection box in preferences. I did that anyway and have'nt experienced another crash dump so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Some people on the SI forums have had an improvement with the crash dumps when they untick the data collection box in preferences. I did that anyway and have'nt experienced another crash dump so far.
    What would that do mate?

Does it restrict anything or mean anything important.

Finical wrote: »
    What would that do mate?

Does it restrict anything or mean anything important.

This is the explanation i saw for it on the SI forums.
    It enables SI to collect information from your game for their use. However, when this is placed into a file and the file gets too large (I think), it causes the computer to dump the file and crashes the game

I don't know if this is exactly why it happens but some people claim it stopped it happening for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Started a game with Shamrock Rovers yesterday, Just to see how well the dynamic league works,

First game in charge, a friendly against liverpool, beat them 3-1, Signed a few older players who are far better than any irish ones i have in the team, after a cagy start am now winning easily, top of the league Boh's behind me by 2 points.

Hopefully this game doesn't shít itself on me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The bad: Completely unable to sell players. No one is interested in signing any of the players I want to sell Gibson has a value of 5.5million - clubs don't even show interest when I offer him around for FREE. same happened with Cleverley, and a number of other prospects. Gonna be at the club til their contract runs out. So annoying.

Exact same thing happened me with Aston Villa, I managed to shift Carew, but the likes of Sidwell, Heskey and Reo-Coker can't be budged.

really messes up the wage budget, especially given Heskey is on 60,000.

Heskey couldn't be given away for free, and I tried to offer the others around but not even a sniff of interest.

Start of my 2nd season now and Agbonlahor doesn't command any interest either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Same thing for me with selling players, they are going to have to patch it has to be a glitch.

I'm halfway through my second season with Cork City and it looks like a consortium is going to be taking over the club. It said they're planning to replace me as well.

It's ridiculous because we're top of the table and have only been beaten once so far in the league. Is there any way to avoid being sacked when a consortium takes over the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm halfway through my second season with Cork City and it looks like a consortium is going to be taking over the club. It said they're planning to replace me as well.

It's ridiculous because we're top of the table and have only been beaten once so far in the league. Is there any way to avoid being sacked when a consortium takes over the club?

Better hope its not led by Tom Coughlan :P

Haha, seriously though, don't think there's anything you can do to prevent being sacked. Same happened with me with Kildare in FM10, but they just decided to leave me as manager after they took over. Then they gave some more money :D

Better hope its not led by Tom Coughlan :P

Haha, seriously though, don't think there's anything you can do to prevent being sacked. Same happened with me with Kildare in FM10, but they just decided to leave me as manager after they took over. Then they gave some more money :D

Ha i'd resign if i thought Coughlan was taking over.:p

Though i don't think i'll be kept on. They've named their candidate and he even came to see us play.(Love the realism) I guess i just have to hope they don't succeed. It's a shame really though as i wanted to play a long game with them.

Though i don't think i'll be kept on. They've named their candidate and he even came to see us play.(Love the realism) I guess i just have to hope they don't succeed. It's a shame really though as i wanted to play a long game with them.

That was the same thing that happened to me, still somehow got kept on. Maybe they'll do the same with you!

The takeover was completed and although i got a message saying they would be looking to replace me, after a couple of matches i got a message saying they'd keep me on. They only put 28k into the club though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I look to have blown the russian premier league with zenit with a few games to go after cruising for most of the season- 2 poor results and everything goes t*ts up

on the plus side im in the cup final and my new brazilian right back has been a revelation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Had the same thing with Leeds last year, got them to the premiership, had a takeover and they wanted me out, but eventually I got kept on..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The bad: Completely unable to sell players. No one is interested in signing any of the players I want to sell Gibson has a value of 5.5million - clubs don't even show interest when I offer him around for FREE. same happened with Cleverley, and a number of other prospects. Gonna be at the club til their contract runs out. So annoying.

Have they been in your first team games? I had the same problem with a few, but after playing them a couple of times teams showed more interest in them!

Playing Danish side AaB in the Playoff Round of the Europa League. Away leg is first, so, being a LOI side and only in my 2nd season, I went very rigid and defensive with a 4-1-4-1 formation. By half time. AaB 0 - 3 St Pats. :D Finished 3-1. Hope I can beat them in the home leg!

Won the home leg 1-0! Can't believe it. Pats got €1,000,000 and we got drawn in a group with Bayer Leverkusen, Rapid Bucharest and Standard Liege.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Lot of complaints on the SI forums about the transfer system being "broken" and top quality players being available for nothing.

Anyone seeing this? I haven't progressed far enough in my game to see it

dartsfan wrote: »
    Lot of complaints on the SI forums about the transfer system being "broken" and top quality players being available for nothing.

Anyone seeing this? I haven't progressed far enough in my game to see it

Yep, been able to build a quality squad using alot of free agents

I've been able to buy or trial the following players with no competition for their signature

Jose Goncalves
    Mahamadou Diarra
    Van Bommel
    Leandro Gioda
    Shevchenko
    Enyeama
    Buonanotte
    Battaglia
    Skjelbred
    Borriello
    Sifakis
    Diakhate
    Ben Arfa
    Carrick
    Gago
    Jenas
    Boruc

IRL, if any of those was a free agent, you'd think a club somewhere in the world would show an interest

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yep, been able to build a quality squad using alot of free agents

I've been able to buy or trial the following players with no competition for their signature

Jose Goncalves
    Mahamadou Diarra
    Van Bommel
    Leandro Gioda
    Shevchenko
    Enyeama
    Buonanotte
    Battaglia
    Skjelbred
    Borriello
    Sifakis
    Diakhate
    Ben Arfa
    Carrick
    Gago
    Jenas
    Boruc

IRL, if any of those was a free agent, you'd think a club somewhere in the world would show an interest

That doesn't sound good, have you the latest patch?

dartsfan wrote: »
    That doesn't sound good, have you the latest patch?

Yep, running 11.1.1

Its November and there is several good players without clubs and nobody interested in them

Mick McCarthy just got the Chelsea job, think its time to stop playing this game

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

The bad: Completely unable to sell players.

I must say this has long been a major issue with FM games, ive started with Chelsea and its impossible to sell Drogba/Anelka/Benayoun/Kalou/Ferreria/Alex for even half what their current worth is, never mind the fact that in some cases they should be double what their value is...

always frustrating as its impossible to make more money for transfers or to bring down wage budgets...

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I must say this has long been a major issue with FM games, ive started with Chelsea and its impossible to sell Drogba/Anelka/Benayoun/Kalou/Ferreria/Alex for even half what their current worth is, never mind the fact that in some cases they should be double what their value is...

always frustrating as its impossible to make more money for transfers or to bring down wage budgets...

Trying to offload players is different to players that are actually in demand. Also when they are reluctant to leave, they'll demand more in wages from potential suitors. Who's going to offer Drogba/Benayoun/Ferreira/Anelka a equal/better contract than the one he's on at Chelsea? Unless a club really wants the player and he doesnt feel like he's been forced out, you'll be stuck with those players for the length of their contract which is realistic. Contracts work both ways

Advertisement