Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Started a new game as Crewe, best thing about picking lower league teams is there are so many players that can improve your team. The board has 2.5 million in the bank, and my wage limit is 26k a week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The more I read this thread, the more I want the game. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How is Bogdan progressing for you. I have only had success with him in the lower divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

mars bar wrote: »
    The more I read this thread, the more I want the game. :(

As bad as it to say this, would you not just and download it?

I didn't, but loads of my mates did, and its working perfectly for them.

As bad as it to say this, would you not just and download it?

I didn't, but loads of my mates did, and its working perfectly for them.

I've been searching but really hard to get one for Mac...

• Advertisement

How is Bogdan progressing for you. I have only had success with him in the lower divisions

He did wonders for my Luton Town team in FM10 in the Premier League.

Maybe I just didn't give him enough playing time....

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

I downloaded the torrent and after I install it and try play I get this message

"The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Tryreinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I've installed it again but i'm still getting this message :(

Any help?

I downloaded the torrent and after I install it and try play I get this message

"The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Tryreinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I've installed it again but i'm still getting this message :(

Any help?

Go into the directx folder thingy and hit "SETUPDX". Then when that installs, the game works!

mars bar wrote: »
    I've been searching but really hard to get one for Mac...

Ah, sorry man. Didn't know there was a difference between the programmes on windows and mac.

• Advertisement

Ah, sorry man. Didn't know there was a difference between the programmes on windows and mac.

I was hoping there wasn't seeing as the one disc works on both, but when I download files they are .exe files which are no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Go into the directx folder thingy and hit "SETUPDX". Then when that installs, the game works!
    You're a hero anto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He has not been that good to be honest,

But in his defense he has not started many games - he got 3 goals and 3 assists in 23 appearances last season - again most of them were coming on in the dying embers of games. Delfouneso is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Maybe he needs more time - I might consider sending him to Ipswich this season (feeder club) - as i have just signed dzecko.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Horgan wrote: »
    I'm sure this discussion is not allowed guys!?

SI put alot of time and effort into this game, the last thing they need is people downloading it for free.

due to the amount of gaming time football manager gives us and how brilliant its been for the last decade or so i'll always stress people to pay for the game so they can continue to make it every year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Started my game at Manchester City, want to see if I can actually drag there ass from money spending and desperatly bad, to a team that has a back bone, makes smart signings and blends as a team. So my first task was to highlight areas of improvement which I chose RB and an out and out striker. Brought in Srna from Shaktar and made him my captain aswell with influence of 20, he cost €25 million. Then I brought in Edwin Dzeko for €30 million which was lucky because me and Tevez has a falling out early in the season and he decided he doesn't want to play much, he's only picking up form now late in the season. Also bought Roman Lukaku for 5 million as one for the future.

Next I needed to reduce this ridiculas wage bill for players that simply aren't worth it, so on my out list was Patrick Viera, Wayne Bridge , Shaun Wright Phillips, Jolean Lescott (Who has a long term injury atm), no takers though so i'm letting there contracts expire or offloading them for next to nothing this year.

Season is going well, FA cup semi final , EURO cup quarter final and 3'rd in premiership with 6 games to go. I'll be happy with a champions league spot this year, my main problem is the lack of a creative playmaker in the middle of the park, I'm playing a 4-2-4 system with Dzeko & Tevez up front, David Silva on the left and Mario Balotelli on the right as wingers, Balotelli has been great this year scoring 18 goals and 15 assists as an inside forward he is leathal, adam johnson also well capable of filling in on either side.

The problem is in the centre, Barry, Milner, De Jong and Toure are good DM, Milner plays mainly on the right as cover for Mario or sometimes in the centre but none of them have that spark to open up play for my forwards and we suffer from it. So I have been eyeing up Palermo Playmaker Javier Pastore for a summer move to solve this, also may need a world class CB as we leaked goals this year due to stupid mistakes in the back line. Sakho could be my man here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Very dissapointed. Downloaded from Game.co.uk and instead of installing thru Steam it used DRM (byte Shield). Got over that but now all day now I cant even play it, keeps asking for Activation code and when I enter it, nothing happens. Just asks me again and again. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hamsik could be exactly what you need for a good playmaker. In the premiership, Ryan Shawcross and Brede Hangeland are excellents CBs. Won't spend more than 20 million getting them either.

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Very dissapointed. Downloaded from Game.co.uk and instead of installing thru Steam it used DRM (byte Shield). Got over that but now all day now I cant even play it, keeps asking for Activation code and when I enter it, nothing happens. Just asks me again and again. Grr.

Can you not install through steam? I bought the retail copy and have it installed through steam.

Can you not install through steam? I bought the retail copy and have it installed through steam.

nope, mite be something to do with downloading from Game. DRM is a joke..

Sounds good Pablo, stick up some screen shots. It makes it more interesting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Sounds good Pablo, stick up some screen shots. It makes it more interesting. :)

Ya no problem i'll take a few there and throw them up in a while.

EDIT: Put them in the post above now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,854 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Crash dumps are so much worse this time around:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CSF wrote: »
    Crash dumps are so much worse this time around:mad:

Havent gotten one yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lads first time ever playing football manager,but can you play conference football?it doesnt give me the option in my game...it only goes as far as league two for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Lads first time ever playing football manager,but can you play conference football?it doesnt give me the option in my game...it only goes as far as league two for me..

At the very start where you pick what countries leagues you want to include in your game - you have an option to select how many leagues in that country to display. By default in England it only goes as far as League 2. You would have to change it to include the Blue Square Premier (Conference).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Patch 11.1.1 released this evening - it's a "Hotfix" patch apparently.

johnn wrote: »
    Playing with Man United, i am in January now top of the league 4 points ahead of Arsenal. I've only been defeated once in all competitions......0-2 Liverpool at Old Trafford of all times to lose :(

I have benfica in next stage of Champ league, and have spurs in semi-final of the carling cup. Rooney started for me in great form with 9 in 12, then went 10 hours without scoring a goal! before netting a peno in a win over city so all was forgiven! Started trying hernandez and playing 442 more often while rooney was ****e and chicarito is doing well. Nani is having the season of his life for me, 8 goals and 14 assists in 21 games! There were a load of games where he would get two assists from corners in the same match.

Signed Bale for £43.5m, the fans thought it was a waste of money but he started well and scored 2 on his champ league debut.........then broke his leg in his 4th game and is out to march/april. It still says the fans "hope he can continue his impressive start" and it went from a completely negatively viewed signing to a positive on the back of them 2 goals despite him being gone most of the season.

At the start of the Jan transfer window you are allowed change your season ambition which is a nice touch, i had chosen title challenge, but the board offered me a £20m budget for the window if i changed to "Winners" which i did, and im now trying to sign either Mata or Dzeko.
    Throw it up on the Snapshot of your Story
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056079610

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Playing with Man United, i am in January now top of the league 4 points ahead of Arsenal. I've only been defeated once in all competitions......0-2 Liverpool at Old Trafford of all times to lose frown.gif

I have benfica in next stage of Champ league, and have spurs in semi-final of the carling cup. Rooney started for me in great form with 9 in 12, then went 10 hours without scoring a goal! before netting a peno in a win over city so all was forgiven! Started trying hernandez and playing 442 more often while rooney was ****e and chicarito is doing well. Nani is having the season of his life for me, 8 goals and 14 assists in 21 games! There were a load of games where he would get two assists from corners in the same match.

Signed Bale for £43.5m, the fans thought it was a waste of money but he started well and scored 2 on his champ league debut.........then broke his leg in his 4th game and is out to march/april. It still says the fans "hope he can continue his impressive start" and it went from a completely negatively viewed signing to a positive on the back of them 2 goals despite him being gone most of the season.

At the start of the Jan transfer window you are allowed change your season ambition which is a nice touch, i had chosen title challenge, but the board offered me a £20m budget for the window if i changed to "Winners" which i did, and im now trying to sign either Mata or Dzeko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just got a crash dump there. I'm assuming it's to do with the patch because thats the first time that's happened since i bought the game.

• Advertisement

I got one after the first patch, had to replay 3 months. First crash dump I ever got in any fm.

Advertisement