Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet you guys would not say no to SJP!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I'm getting the sense that people are not agreeing with me on this...

I agree that she gets a hard time for no reason whatsoever. But I think you jumped the gun asking the users of AH if they would have sex with her. You would've been better off starting a bit further back behind the line. Maybe start with 'Have you ever talked to a woman?' and then take it from there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

But, I challenge you. If you were single and SJP walked up to you with an average amount of make up on her very well structured face, strutting that body to die for... She told you that she had a room nearby and asked you to accompany her to that room and take her from every angle...

Sarah Jessica Parker is quite ugly. If she asked me to ride her then yes of course I would.

However, if she and some other unknown but average looking woman came up to me and asked me to choose, it would be the unknown average looking woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Who_owns_this?

Millicent wrote: »
    Eh, calm down! You can't really call anyone else superficial if you're advocating that someone shouldn't have watched a show because they found someone's appearance questionable or against their tastes...
    It's not a personal attack so don't address it as one.

What - was it aimed at somebody else? Not taking it as an attack though - thanks.
    And as I recall, as a woman, when that show was out, discussion of her clothing was fairly unavoidable, pushed on people by magazines, newspapers, television shows etc. That show consciously geared itself up to appeal to the aspirational desires of many women. The show willfully made the clothes (and especially the shoes) a major talking point.

I think you're referring to what I said to iguana about why he/she watched the show in the first place.

The reason I said that I thought iguana might have made better use of his/her time by watching something else or doing something else was his/her use of the word "ridiculous". His/her biggest talking point about the show was the "ridiculous" clothes being worn by the lead character. That's like watching 9 Out of 10 Cats because you hate Jimmy Carr. Unfathomable to me.

Feeona wrote: »
    I agree that she gets a hard time for no reason whatsoever. But I think you jumped the gun asking the users of AH if they would have sex with her. You would've been better off starting a bit further back behind the line. Maybe start with 'Have you ever talked to a woman?' and then take it from there :pac:

Lol! But it's AH and that's why I phrased it the way I did.

I suppose I should have asked whether they'd snort milk out their nose if they saw SJP's nipple on a soft Sky News story or whether they'd snort chocolate milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's the beauty of different tastes. I think she's got a nice little pert bum. I don't like big arsed women myself.

Really? I thought everyone liked the same thing.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker is quite ugly. If she asked me to ride her then yes of course I would.

However, if she and some other unknown but average looking woman came up to me and asked me to choose, it would be the unknown average looking woman.

AHHHHHHH - that's what I've been saying!!!!!!! Ugly - matter of opinion. Would you sleep with her though? Yes - most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

OP i wouldn't even touch her with your dick !!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The reason I said that I thought iguana might have made better use of his/her time by watching something else or doing something else was his/her use of the word "ridiculous". His/her biggest talking point about the show was the "ridiculous" clothes being worn by the lead character. That's like watching 9 Out of 10 Cats because you hate Jimmy Carr. Unfathomable to me.

Um, 1. On a thread where I have not only referred to myself as a woman but stated that I find Jessica Alba sexy because I recognise something of myself in her I think you can assume I'm a "she.":D

2. I'll watch whatever I like for whatever reason I like thank you very much.

3. I said after the sex the biggest talking point of a show I watched 12 years ago was her hideous clothes. And that's because she dressed like a blind woman in a clown closet.

4. Not watching a show because someone wears bad outfits would be so stratospherically fuçking stupid there are no words for it.

5. "Obviously the script provided the story, but, oddly, scripts take inspiration from actual events and occurrences." Is a nonsense statement seeing as how SJP was married all through the show's run so her real life was no reflection on her character's whatsoever.

Look you've said it yourself over and over. You're in the minority in finding her attractive. There are actually some universal standards of attraction and SJP doesn't meet many of them but there will always be people who are attracted to other things (especially that which we feel reflects ourselves) and you like her. That's great but it's the subjective opinion of a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This has been one strange thread, can't tell if the op is male female , lesbian or gay:confused:

Strange to see such an obsession with an actresses body from a straight female if this truly is the case. I also don't get your presumption to know what its like to be a straight male sexually attracted to females, unless you are one :confused:

OP just cause you wanna ride her doesn't mean everyone else does :p

Also I don't think the horse stuff is such a big deal, its just a running joke. People don't really give a fck about "SJP" (cept you) its just an amusing running joke that's taken off.

She's had her moments back in the day alright but whatever , no one really cares, its just a joke.

Relax the cacks.
    iguana wrote: »
    stratospherically fuçking stupid there are no words for it.

Epic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

What - was it aimed at somebody else? Not taking it as an attack though - thanks.

I think you're referring to what I said to iguana about why he/she watched the show in the first place.

I think you may be getting wound up with me here. Honestly, I'm not trying to make you feel bad in anyway or be insulting so apologies if it came across that way. Sincerely, that wasn't my intention.

But if you found Jimmy Carr annoying, you still might watch 9 Out of 10 Cats for the guests. I've watched SatC. I find Carrie really annoying; however, some of the peripheral characters are interesting. Miranda, especially, was more multi-faceted. The show dealt with her relationship with Steve's mentally ill mother beautifully and the death of her own mother was really done well.

• Advertisement

Um, 1. On a thread where I have not only referred to myself as a woman but stated that I find Jessica Alba sexy because I recognise something of myself in her I think you can assume I'm a "she.":D.

Ok sorry - you're a she. I didn't want to refer to you as one or the other. I can't be checking back on everybody's posts to find out their sex though - I'd never get anything done!
    2. I'll watch whatever I like for whatever reason I like thank you very much.

3. I said after the sex the biggest talking point of a show I watched 12 years ago was her hideous clothes. And that's because she dressed like a blind woman in a clown closet.

4. Not watching a show because someone wears bad outfits would be so stratospherically fuçking stupid there are no words for it.

So you watched the show for the sex and then for the bad fashion. That's fine. I think you could do better, especially at the age of 20 when the show started, but that is my opinion and you have no need to pay any regard to it.
    5. "Obviously the script provided the story, but, oddly, scripts take inspiration from actual events and occurrences." Is a nonsense statement seeing as how SJP was married all through the show's run so her real life was no reflection on her character's whatsoever.

I said that maybe the fact Carrie didn't find a strong partner 'till she was in her 40s might as a result of her dating unsuitable men. Somebody replied that the reason Carrie didn't find that strong partner was because the script wrote it so. I replied that scripts take inspiration... etc... My point was that, of course, sitcoms, etc. are written beforehand (in scripts, if you will), but that these scripts aren't pulled out of the air and they rely on reality. What does SJP's life have to do with her character's life? I don't think you understood what I was saying.
    Look you've said it yourself over and over. You're in the minority in finding her attractive. There are actually some universal standards of attraction and SJP doesn't meet many of them but there will always be people who are attracted to other things (especially that which we feel reflects ourselves) and you like her. That's great but it's the subjective opinion of a minority.

You're right. I think that point is made,.

I think you may be getting wound up with me here. Honestly, I'm not trying to make you feel bad in anyway or be insulting so apologies if it came across that way. Sincerely, that wasn't my intention.

But if you found Jimmy Carr annoying, you still might watch 9 Out of 10 Cats for the guests. I've watched SatC. I find Carrie really annoying; however, some of the peripheral characters are interesting. Miranda, especially, was more multi-faceted. The show dealt with her relationship with Steve's mentally ill mother beautifully and the death of her own mother was really done well.

No - honestly, I'm not feeling bad. Am kind of stuck in work doing nothing today so maybe giving more relevance to this thread than it deserves. Plus, I don't start many threads so I want to defend this one. Not taking it very seriously though.

But I totally get what you're saying. I watch 9 Out of Ten Cats 'cause I enjoy Jimmy Carr and, also, it's a great show. I could watch it just because it's a great show, but Jimmy Carr is so integral to it that I think if I didn't like him I'd be better off watching something else.

In this day and age we have so much choice available to us that I think it would be unusual for a person to watch a good show with a hated character - there must be something equally good to watch without somebody we don't enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not a ****ing chance, but if she asked me real nice i might just buy her a salt lick.
    Best euphemism for going down on SJP... ever! :pac:
    in SATC her character had NO redeeming characteristics. The others, while not exactly candidates for any great humanitarian awards, at least had one or two sympathetic traits. But her character was just an ugly person which greatly magnifies her lack of attractiveness imo.
    Carrie was an out and out cuntbag.

To be fair to the OP, the way some people are deeming SJP an elephant woman in terms of her appearance is kinda silly - of course plenty of guys don't find her attractive and wouldn't shag her, and are entitled to feel that way without being questioned, but the guys using the REALLY OTT language about her (as opposed to the guys who are simply saying "I don't find her attractive") immediately bring to mind that oft-used image of the nerdy guy at his computer. :pac:

I've never thought SJP was especially beautiful, but she can make herself look nice - it's blatant lying to say she can't, even if you personally wouldn't be attracted to her. I do understand where people are coming from though when they express how perplexed they are at the OTT fawning over her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dudess wrote: »
    Best euphemism for going down on SJP... ever! :pac:

You have a dirty mind, my comment was made in the spirit of innocence. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I've never thought SJP was especially beautiful, but she can make herself look nice - it's blatant lying to say she can't, even if you personally wouldn't be attracted to her.

True.
    She looked much better in the 70's for instance........ SJP70s.jpeg

I do understand where people are coming from though when they express how perplexed they are at the OTT fawning over her.

I'm probably digging myself in deeper, but I never meant to fawn over SJP. In real life I've never given her more than a second thought although I have watched SACT. I even feel like some fan club weirdo by using the abbreviations, but, in fairness, they're so handy. I honestly thought that when I raised the issue of SJP being put forwarded as a horse-faced foot-woman, most people would disagree. Boards is about getting opinions and I've certainly got some here.

No no, I mean the fawning in general - ever since S&TC first aired.

Pity a fawn is a young deer and not a young horse. :pac:
    You have a dirty mind
    Guilty as charged m'lawd... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP, you're female, right? SJP is horrible. She looks horrible, sounds horrible and represents everything that's false about society.

Besides, she does look like a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

16 pages? 16 fucking pages?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Earthhorse wrote: »

There's not much fucking going to be fair:D

• Advertisement

No no, I mean the fawning in general.

Oh - cool. I think I have come across as more of a SJP supporter than I ever have been, so I was a bit worried!
    Earthhorse wrote: »

I know. But I feel weirdly proud of it. Like the mother of a hideous baby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

I think many people on here are being too harsh.

I get it, she is not a pretty woman, but she is not ugly. She is now in her mid 40s. To say she looks like a horse is so bad.

What did she do to get this abuse off anyone? Why is she so hated? I feel so bad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Like the mother of a hideous baby.

Oh, you're her mother, that explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Would you sleep with her though? Yes - most likely.

I would shag any woman with a pulse if truth be told. It doesn't mean I think they are all good looking. SJP is a dog. I think you need to realise that we all don't share the same opinion as you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

inmyday wrote: »

I get it, she is not a pretty woman, but she is not ugly. She is now in her mid 40s. To say she looks like a horse is so bad.
    Agreed.
    What did she do to get this abuse off anyone? Why is she so hated? I feel so bad for her.
    Human nature it seems. One person sticks out just a little above background and the pack round on him or her and inflate their "negative" qualities. To a degree that anyone would look daft. Add in the interweb and the pack instinct can get out of hand. Our own Bono would be an Irish example.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I would shag any woman with a pulse if truth be told. It doesn't mean I think they are all good looking. SJP is a dog. I think you need to realise that we all don't share the same opinion as you.

Check out the title of this thread. Read the first post. I never asked you to agree with me dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Neigh Neigh

The OP is definitely in need of a night out.

Yes - this. Not that I feel particularly bad for her because I like to think that a good celeb knows what to ignore. I've just realised that after all this thread I still don't know why SJP is getting so much flack as opposed to other celebs who aren't conventionally attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Why do you feel bad for her? She's fine, rich and successful and all that jazz.

I sincerely doubt she worries that some people don't find her attractive, as not everyone is convinced the world needs to sit there and like them.

• Advertisement

I get it, she is not a pretty woman, but she is not ugly. She is now in her mid 40s.
    Yeah, giving people a non stop hard time about their looks is seriously cuntish and must be quite devastating for the recipient. I'm laughing along with the horse jokes but I actually don't think she looks like a horse - and I'm willing to bet many others who say she does, don't really think so either, but the phrase has caught on like wild-fire in relation to her so a lot of people just drone it without thinking.

Although there's a big difference between giving someone a hard time about their looks, and saying you personally don't find them attractive.

Advertisement