Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

NedTheHead wrote: »
    Yeah lets start organising protests. If we advertise this well, I guarantee thousands of people will show up because a significant percentage of the population are free thinkers who prefer to control their own minds and brains rather than letting the government and the media do it for them. I would be a completely law abiding citizen if it weren't for these laws making the exploration of ones own mind a crime.

On top of protesting, we can all contribute towards changing peoples minds about psychoactive substances and getting people who would ordinarily agree with prohibition to protest with us. These people have been turned against psychoactives by the bull**** inculcated into their minds through repetition. They are still rational, thinking people though so I'm sure they will change their minds when they've been exposed to the same information we have. So where do we start? I know HTML and PHP so I'll setup any websites we need. I'll spread advertisements for marches and protests around my area. I'm in college so I don't have that much time but I'll start setting up a website with a forum and chatroom so we can get this organised.

Wasting your time. This was tried on Facebook and a few sites and there was little interest. Never even managed a 100 signitures on the official petition. I think a march was planned but don't even think it got off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

whats the ruling on Jimson Weed?And Morning Glory seeds?Shut down garden centres I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

whats the ruling on Jimson Weed?And Morning Glory seeds?Shut down garden centres I say.
    Oh god, not this again :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

OisinT wrote: »
    Oh god, not this again :o

Well they are selling psychoactive substances after all. Morning glory seeds will make you trip just as strongly as LSD. fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

nope, MG seeds contain LSA - it's a part of LSD, yes but nowhere near as potent. Much "Street" LSD is just LSA extracted from MG seeds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Well they are selling psychoactive substances after all. Morning glory seeds will make you trip just as strongly as LSD. fact.

There's loads of **** to get high off at a decent garden center.Not to mention hardware stores.Ban the lot of them.Ban everything.Pharmacies too.

:eek:AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH :eek:DRUGS EVERYWHERE!!!!!:eek:

hacx wrote: »
    nope, MG seeds contain LSA - it's a part of LSD, yes but nowhere near as potent. Much "Street" LSD is just LSA extracted from MG seeds.

Morning glory seeds contains LSA which is chemically related to LSD, but take enough of them and you will trip in a very similar way as LSD, mushrooms or other psychedelics. Eat enough morning glory seeds and you will have an experience to rival any psychedelic, fact.

Of course its not the same chemical as LSD, I never said it was, but it is quite potent and extremely psychedelic when ingested.

Therefore garden centers and other retail outlets are selling strong psychedelics. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

True.
    But do they sell them in high enough doses? It's something like 300mg of seeds isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

WTF? There is no way you can trip of morning glory seeds???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

CorkMan wrote: »
    WTF? There is no way you can trip of morning glory seeds???

Yes, you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

strobe wrote: »
    Yes, you can.

How do you???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Morning glory seeds contains LSA which is chemically related to LSD, but take enough of them and you will trip in a very similar way as LSD, mushrooms or other psychedelics. Eat enough morning glory seeds and you will have an experience to rival any psychedelic, fact.

Of course its not the same chemical as LSD, I never said it was, but it is quite potent and extremely psychedelic when ingested.

Therefore garden centers and other retail outlets are selling strong psychedelics. Right?

Ye, read an article in some lads mag a while ago where they were trying out different legal highs at the time. Salvia, BZP, Morning glory seeds etc. Apparently the guy had a pretty ****ed up trip on LSA, nothing comparable to LSD he said, but still something that he wouldn't expect at all from a bunch of seeds.

And if you go by the logic, there's plenty of products that contain psychedelics, hallucinogens etc that needed to be taken off the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

CorkMan wrote: »
    How do you???

Pretty sure that would be against the forum rules man. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 NedTheHead

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Why bother? Its banned. Thats it. As long as there are religious OAP's in Ireland then there is no hope for King B to be legal again. Best option now is just to focus on the legalisation of weed.
    I don't know how this **** works but thats a bit pessimistic don't you think. There has to be a possibility of reversing this psychoactives bill. It's an insane law that makes the whole country look bad. Besides Ireland, the only countries that have these laws are countries run by muslim extremists like Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

NedTheHead wrote: »
    I don't know how this **** works but thats a bit pessimistic don't you think. There has to be a possibility of reversing this psychoactives bill. It's an insane law that makes the whole country look bad. Besides Ireland, the only countries that have these laws are countries run by muslim extremists like Saudi Arabia.

Man, it ain't going to be changed...get over it, or move to another country that allows you to be stoned 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

barrackali wrote: »
    Man, it ain't going to be changed...get over it, or move to another country that allows you to be stoned 24/7.
    There's no law in Ireland that forbids one from being stoned 24/7.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    There's no law in Ireland that forbids one from being stoned 24/7.

You know very well I was referring to those banned headshop drugs.

You know very well I was referring to those banned headshop drugs.
    There's nothing in the legislation that forbids you to be high on those substances.

There's nothing in the legislation that forbids you to be high on those substances.

Don't be pedantic, there is no law that says you can purchase the products I was referring to.....they are illegal, and will remain so.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭lithiumoxide

Better ban nutmeg too. Two people died from overdosing on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

there is really no need for this thread to be started back up again.The stuff is now illegal and wont be changed.Your local friendly drug dealer has most of the stuff from the headshops now anyway.

Don't be pedantic, there is no law that says you can purchase the products I was referring to.....they are illegal, and will remain so.
    Just nitpicking here since your only contribution has been gloating and some minor variations on "suck it up," which isn't exactly conductive to interesting discussion.

If people here read the legislation they'd see why nutmeg et al. aren't banned.

Psychoactives that have already been approved for use as food or medicines are not affected by the bill.

Just nitpicking here since your only contribution has been gloating and some minor variations on "suck it up," which isn't exactly conductive to interesting discussion.

Well your only contribution has been to be pedantic. :rolleyes:

Well your only contribution has been to be pedantic.
    Odd, I seem to remember trying to articulate my sentiments on the subject over the course of the thread, crticising the way in which the headshops conducted their business whilst lamenting the Victorian attitudes displayed by our government and media towards the drug issue. Have you been reading what other posters have to say, or are you just popping in sporadically to dangle a bag of mephedrone over the junkies’ heads and jeer at them?

Or maybe it was all a drug****ed delusion of mine brought on by stimulant psychosis, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Oooo snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

i don't know why you would even want these substances to be legalised again!

I did them, while they were legal, and boy did I have fun.

But I, and everyone I talk to, wouldn't even consider doing them again. I mean, honestly like, they didn't know what the long term effects were really going to be!

Stick to the stuff that you grow yourself! ;)

lila44 wrote: »
    Stick to the stuff that you grow yourself! ;)
    Those MDMA trees are notoriously tricky to take care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

Drugs are bad m'kay!

but yes there is no law in ireland thats says you cant be stoned 24/7.
    MDMA and cannabis for legalization please. alcohol is ****.

• Advertisement

Cathal_91 wrote: »
    alcohol is ****.

That is for sure. Terrible terrible drug.
    As long as that crap is pushed on every street in the land then this law is an ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement