Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

raven136 wrote: »
    all thats in these products is basically caffeine i think.
    Negative

Some nasty **** there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Negative

Some nasty **** there.

white colombia,pure nrg gone the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 connexion

Negative

Some nasty **** there.

A bit more up to date ... http://www.drugs.ie/downloadDocs/HS_ID_PosterJuneJuly.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

What's the deal with MDAI bought online to feed my plants?

connexion wrote: »
    Interesting, cheers.

Some real heart attacks in pill and powder form right there. I'm fast losing sympathy for these vendors when they're selling such dangerous crap.
    Lemsiper wrote: »
    What's the deal with MDAI bought online to feed my plants?
    It's still legal, if that's what you're asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ugh. I overdosed on cough syrup last night (I do have a cough, was trying to clear my chest) and the dreams/hallucinations were not pleasant.

I tripped off cough syrup once or twice and thought it was ****. Sort of like a mongy, trippy drunkeness with a horrible body load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I tripped off cough syrup once or twice and thought it was ****. Sort of like a mongy, trippy drunkeness with a horrible body load.

Have you tried toilet duck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

Shulgin wrote: »
    The Irish Headstores crowd say that there are 5 weeks or so left before the new law comes into effect.

Where does this information come from? Usually when a bill becomes an Act it becomes law immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Where does this information come from? Usually when a bill becomes an Act it becomes law immediately.

No Idea,

They posted it in their newsletter recently.

"
    Hi Folks,
    Yes you have seen right, the official date for the banning of legal highs has been put back for another four weeks or maybe six weeks, so stock up now, and apologies to all our Irish customers who's orders were cancelled last week, sorry but we thought we could not send you your orders.

©2010 headstores.com | Ireland"

• Advertisement

Shulgin wrote: »
    No Idea,

They posted it in their newsletter recently.

"
    Hi Folks,
    Yes you have seen right, the official date for the banning of legal highs has been put back for another four weeks or maybe six weeks, so stock up now, and apologies to all our Irish customers who's orders were cancelled last week, sorry but we thought we could not send you your orders.

©2010 headstores.com | Ireland"

Thats hardly offical ...

connexion wrote: »
    Thats hardly offical ...

I have no idea.

... enjoying the ethcathinone while it lasts ... = )

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

does this thing make salvia illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Who uses amyl nitrate? It's quite legal here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Confab wrote: »
    Ugh. I overdosed on cough syrup last night (I do have a cough, was trying to clear my chest) and the dreams/hallucinations were not pleasant.

Ah good old DXM, just be careful that there's no guaifenesin in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

a mate got some of this in dubland recently

says it was the bomb but very very potent stuff

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank?wasRedirected=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

^ the secret ingredient of a flamin' homer (/moe) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Where's Dubland located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

HoPpiE wrote: »
    Where's Dubland located?

you may be mistaken and reckon it's a mystical place located in Jamaica or somewhere over that direction but really it's our capital city Dublin :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bushboy

i have no idea what the story is with the date that the bill takes effect from or what, but yesterday afternoon in dublin my mate walked up to a head shop and bought some salvia. two blokes in front of him had bought small packets of powder. when my mate went back later that evening to buy a pipe he asked the lad in the shop if they had any spice diamond or mescaline for sale; to which he replied no but he had some green shamrock or something to that effect. at that stage, about 8 or 9 in the evening, there was reputedly a queue of 4 or 5 people of all ages looking to buy stuff.

considering that all the head shops i would see from my bus routes are gone several weeks i find this surprising. however the gardai must know about this; it was on a busy dublin street in broad daylight and they made no effort to hide it. so i'd wager there is nothing they can do about it just yet, and the bill must not be fully in place yet. i imagine that this will be shut within weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Me and a friend bought salvia from a head shop in the city centre the other day. There were Guards in the shop while we were there and they didn't have any problem with the guys behind the counter selling the stuff.

I don't know what the deal is.

'Our Drugs War' was on this evening on C4.
    Worth a watch.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/our-drugs-war/4od#3109766
    Congratulations to Channel 4 for screening the most sensible film about drugs I’ve ever seen.
    Whether or not you believe drugs should be de-criminalised, it’s blindingly obvious that if the intention of Britain’s drug policies is to stop people using them, then they’re absolutely not working.
    Angus MacQueen’s calm, un-hysterical film asks the question we must all be wondering: what did the £1.5 billion we spent last year on fighting drugs actually achieve?
    MacQueen’s stance is that the war on drugs is actually causing more harm than the drugs themselves by criminalising entire sections of the population, clogging our courts and filling our prisons without actually stemming the supply of drugs one little bit.
    One expert’s figures show that police and customs are currently managing to seize just one per cent of all heroin being smuggled into Scotland.

Imagine, says MacQueen, if the police had to admit they were only able to solve 1% of all murders.
    In the first of a three part series, MacQueen speaks to a former smuggler to discover how much it costs to pay off a customs officer, and also discovers how banning one substance simply causes users to switch to similar chemicals which are still legal but can be even more dangerous.
    That is what happened when the government banned GHB: users switched instead to a chemical called GBL – easily available on the internet as an alloy wheel cleaner.
    MacQueen meets Suzanne Dyer whose son Chris died as a result of an addiction to GBL.
    Would making GBL illegal have saved his life? She thinks not.

mirror.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Anyone tried that shamrock stuff ?

Supposed to have AM-694 in it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM-694

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Steodonn wrote: »
    Anyone tried that shamrock stuff ?

Supposed to have AM-694 in it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM-694
    I assume you are reffering to the new blend 'Dermot's Doobie' from those scumbags who were behind the popular lung irritant 'Smoke'. Highly unadviseable. Here is a post from Bluelight :

Sorry to put a downer on this thread, but here's my little story. In Ireland, like many other countries, we have stores that sell uncontrolled substances. We call them head shops. Unfortunately in the last few weeks, almost all these "legal highs" have been banned. Since the banning of the JWHs, this new AM-964 product quickly became immediately available, filling the shoes of JWH compounds. For the record, friends of mine have reported that it's nowhere near as good. Nevertheless I was eager to try when I heard of it. But since its release, two people I know have been hospitalised, both for displaying severe psychiatric symptoms. One actually had to get sectioned. I love drugs, but you can count me out on this one.

I'd try anything, but seriously people, this drug is just too new to the world. For me anyway.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=488959&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

hey am just wondering what headshops are still open in Dublin if any?

I'm going up 2moro to the Guinness factory and to just have a look around. I thought they were banned but a mate was up there a few weeks ago and brought back some "bath salts".

There are at least two headshops still operating in the city centre, though I'm not sure if we're allowed mention them under the Boards charter. I wouldn't recommend anything they're selling in any case - the current batch of products range from inactive, to dirty, to downright dangerous.

On a more positive note, has anyone noticed the quality of drugs in Ireland has improved tenfold over the summer? These past few weeks I've got my hands on pure MDMA crystal, fantastic pills, and clean acid tabs, and this is just from randomers at clubs and festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

kk no problem i understand you cant mention names of the shops, private message me if you like lol

i know there well dodgy now, i havent seen the inside of one since april, a friend did bring back something that gave a good clean buzz a few weeks back, but if they dont sell that product i wont risk buying anything dodgy, and yeah acid tabs seem to be everywhere this summer havent tried it before myself yet but everyone seems to be getting a good buzz of them and not even a hint of a bad trip.

i only tried Ecstasy 2/3 times and was very dissapointed, but at 2 euro a pill i suppose i probably needed to take more than i did.

Cathal_91 wrote: »

i only tried Ecstasy 2/3 times and was very dissapointed, but at 2 euro a pill i suppose i probably needed to take more than i did.
    I seriously doubt the pills you had were real ecstasy, ie. MDMA. I'd be surprised if most people weren't blown away by clean MDMA, much less unimpressed by it.

For the last 2 years most purported ecstasy pills contained piperazines like BZP as their active ingredient, and weren't a patch on the real deal. MDMA pills have been filtering back into circulation these last few months, but you'd be paying closer to €10 than €2 for the privilege of trying one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

There are at least two headshops still operating in the city centre, though I'm not sure if we're allowed mention them under the Boards charter. I wouldn't recommend anything they're selling in any case - the current batch of products range from inactive, to dirty, to downright dangerous.

On a more positive note, has anyone noticed the quality of drugs in Ireland has improved tenfold over the summer? These past few weeks I've got my hands on pure MDMA crystal, fantastic pills, and clean acid tabs, and this is just from randomers at clubs and festivals.
    The place is awash with powerful skunk, not so powerful pollen, and plenty of acid and 2C-I down here.

It's been a bloody good summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement