Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst thing you have ever seen in real life?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    A mirror?

why the **** are you lookin???

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Surely you've had a horrendously painful sh!te at some stage in your life, so painful you check for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Biggins wrote: »
    I seen something once involving a very starving African child and to this day I still won't go into detail about it to my wife.
    I want her to be able to sleep at night.
    Meanwhile the memories that are in my mind still genuinely haunt me and I suspect they will till the end of my days.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/suj133/blogs/ist590-fall2008/starving-child.jpg

Makes me think of this one....

gungun wrote: »
    Surely you've had a horrendously painful sh!te at some stage in your life, so painful you check for blood.

No. One word : Fibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Erica<3 wrote: »
    No. One word : Fibre.

Actually, fibre makes stools firmer. Less fibre is what is called for here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Indeed, something in that vein. Very sad indeed.
    We can rise to such beauty and kindness - and plummet to such depths of cruelty.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself sink. We can be/do better than allow these sad things come to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Indeed, something in that vein. Very sad indeed.
    We can rise to such beauty and kindness - and plummet to such depths of cruelty.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself sink. We can be better than that.

Apparently the guy who took that pic ended in an awful state afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sadly for that incident, yes.
    He never got over it - I think he killed himself (I could be wrong but I think so).
    I can understand the depths of depression that he must have suffered.

You see things that as soon as you do, you wish to heavens you hadn't of seen - for you know they will effect you deeply.
    Its at times like that, you wish to "something", that you could turn back the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Pulling the body off a dead diver onto a boat. 16 at the time was surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Sadly for that incident, yes.
    He never got over it - I think he killed himself (I could be wrong but I think so).
    I can understand the depths of depression that he must have suffered.

You see things that as soon as you do, you wish to heavens you hadn't of seen - for you know they will effect you deeply.
    Its at times like that, you wish to "something", that you could turn back the clock.

Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

A response i'd quite expect from you given your track record of defending any Israeli action. The photos depicted a tank, then a kid laying on the ground. I doubt i would have got much for them considering there's a shít load of them on Google.

And sad that you have to go searching up something else that i posted in order to make it look like i go around fabricating shít on the internet. You want me to scan the dates of the stamps on my passport? Post up the pictures from the helicopter? Maybe scan the newspaper image with me and my mate in life jackets standing in front of the chopper? And since you like searching up things you shouldn't have much problem finding a translator for the Spanish article attached to it. Will that make you believe Israeli's have and will continue to shoot kids?

No wonder i rarely post in this forum.

Chill duude. Nobody accused you of blatantly and unashamedly fabricating events in order to aggrandise yourself on boards.ie. An individual with your dauntless life experience should have a stiffer upper lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

What an unfortunate thing to happen, image the fame and fortune you'd have gotten for those photos!.

Beats the time you were rescued from SHARK INFESTED WATERS!.

'coughBULLSH!T'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Yeah, Kevin Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Chill duude. Nobody accused you of blatantly and unashamedly fabricating events in order to aggrandise yourself on boards.ie.

Sure that'd just be madness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Enter Username

No wonder i rarely post in this forum.

over 900 posts in 6 months is not exactly "rarely" posting now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i saw a fella knocked down and killed right in front of me when i was about 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

The worst thing I have ever seen?
    That would be THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This.
    I was the camera man :(

Read the comments first, before you decide to watch the video...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This.
    I was the camera man :(

Read the comments first, before you decide to watch the video...

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Superbus wrote: »
    No.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Chill duude. Nobody accused you of blatantly and unashamedly fabricating events in order to aggrandise yourself on boards.ie. An individual with your dauntless life experience should have a stiffer upper lip.

another heretic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭KaiserMc

The worst thing I have ever seen was the mini Mike Tyson look alike that accosted me at a phone box on a London street by inferring that I had insulted him which in turn led to him aiming his very large handgun at my forehead while rambling madly in a unintelligible rasta lingo.. most of which i failed to understand except the money part. As it was a thursday and i only had a teener left ,I declined his offer to give him my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Maverick88

The guy mentioned previously with the back to front legs was in Wexford last Tuesday/Wednesday outside Shaws. He was kneeling down but instead of his legs being behind him from the kneecap down they were out in front of him. Didn't realise he was begging

Lust4Life wrote: »
    The worst thing I have ever seen?
    That would be THIS

No,no,poor joke,poorly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Mentioned it on here before,but a guy killed at the Donegal rally a few years ago. Hit by a car going top speed,happened right in front of me and I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

Its strange the things that stuck with me from that moment,I remember thinking when I seen him on the road and the car coming,it wouldent hit him because things like that don't happen. Then when he got hit and thrown in the air I still remember what he was wearing as he flew through the air.

The red blood mist when he got hit will always stay with me,as will seeing the body about 30 feet down the road from where he got hit.

It also went slow and really quiet just before and right after the incident,that was strange!

Mentioned it on here before,but a guy killed at the Donegal rally a few years ago. Hit by a car going top speed,happened right in front of me and I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

Its strange the things that stuck with me from that moment,I remember thinking when I seen him on the road and the car coming,it wouldent hit him because things like that don't happen. Then when he got hit and thrown in the air I still remember what he was wearing as he flew through the air.

The red blood mist when he got hit will always stay with me,as will seeing the body about 30 feet down the road from where he got hit.

It also went slow and really quiet just before and right after the incident,that was strange!

ROFL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Way back in the day, a guy on a motorbike hit by a van stood out. He was clearly in trouble and I was about the only one there. Beyond the gawkers. Though I dont blame them at all. The van guy had driven off(not far the cops got him as his van was badly damaged). A woman in a house nearby had called 999, so I sat with him. All he kept saying was "I dont want to die" and then he did. No deep last words or any of that. Those who die without expecting it dont do that in my experience. Thankfully limited as it is. They fight against the sudden indignity and unfairness of it all. Those who have warning their time is up are usually very different. Dunno about worse thing though. I learned a valuable lesson from it. I also feel privileged I was there to... well be there. He wasnt on his own.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

ROFL

Seriuosly? You think that's funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ROFL

Yes,we were all rolling on the floor laughing after.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I remember seeing my aunties tits when I was about 12, although it certainly wasn't the worst thing i'd ever seen.

Probably a skanger mother cracking her wee lad across the face and knocking him to the ground.

Advertisement