Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst thing you have ever seen in real life?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

A woman collapsing with blood streaming from her eyes in my work. I didn't know what to do so I ran a few doors up to the chemists and shouted for help. She died a few minutes later.

I wonder now if I should have stayed and continued to hold her hand while she passed away instead of running for help. Everyone else was just standing staring at her... Poor lady.

what caused it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Why do people enjoy these threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Confab wrote: »
    Why do people enjoy these threads?

Why do some people read all the tread then critisize everyone else for doin the same?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

jesus, this is devastating , poor little child. i was worrying about rent etc earlier. puts things into perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nothing springs to mind really which I guess makes me very lucky.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Wibbs wrote: »
    That said, his ending and the demons who brought him there was sad. I can't sit and judge another for not helping. His example may be an extreme, but I ask you, have you ever stood by watching a scene unfold, a scene where you could have helped, but through fear or simple inaction did nothing? Few of us, even the best of us, could answer that question with a truly honest no. I call anyone who does a liar, if only to him or herself.

5 years ago I was in Vienna with some friends. We had just got on the train that does an orbit around the city centre. I was the last person to get on the last carriage of the train. As it pulled away from the platform I saw an elderly man who had just left the carriage collapse. I turned around but nobody else had seen it. The track was a giant circle so by the time I had got my friends attention we were out of sight of the platform. I couldn't speak german. I know I should have done something but I didn't. I think about him sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Saw a woman hanging from a tree when I was about 9. Heard the girls who found her screaming hysterically and went to see what all the bother was about. She had used wire so it really wasn't pretty. Fortunately I had the sense to only glance at her before looking away so I only got a little glimpse.

Worse for me was seeing my gran die even though it wasen't half as horrific. Anyone who has heard death rattles probably knows what I mean. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Saw a woman hanging from a tree when I was about 9. Heard the girls who found her screaming hysterically and went to see what all the bother was about. She had used wire so it really wasn't pretty. Fortunately I had the sense to only glance at her before looking away so I only got a little glimpse.

please refer to post 23,thank you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

5 years ago I was in Vienna with some friends. We had just got on the train that does an orbit around the city centre. I was the last person to get on the last carriage of the train. As it pulled away from the platform I saw an elderly man who had just left the carriage collapse. I turned around but nobody else had seen it. The track was a giant circle so by the time I had got my friends attention we were out of sight of the platform. I couldn't speak german. I know I should have done something but I didn't. I think about him sometimes.
    There are few, very few people out there who havent felt like they should have done something. I defo wouldnt beat myself up over that. Sometimes things happen so quickly we dont have time to react in the way we would like or would have done if we knew ahead of time. You see the same effect in emergencies of all kinds. Plane crashes and the like. It seems in extreme life or death situations the majority of people stand rooted to the spot waiting for someone else to tell them what to do or for their brain to catch up. Generally only about 10% of people will actually start to react and do something.

Military services know this, so in training desensitise people to the things they're likely to feel and see and hear. Shooting live rounds over their heads kinda thing and they train them how to react to such things. Aircraft cabin crew get trained so that when shít hits the fan they automatically react to the training.

So you watching that guy what were you going to do? You knew you needed to do something, but what? So doing nothing seems the better bet(and often is). Hence at accidents you get gawkers. I dont blame them, they just don't know what to do, but stare on in low level shock.

One of those CPR first aid courses is a good bet because it gives you the training to fall back on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Good, im glad he killed himself. How anyone can just "observe" in situations like that is beyond me.

I suggest you watch the film war photographer by James Nachtway if you think like this.

During a war/famine/disaster, all the social rules we abide by go out the door. I would say Carter done a great deal of good publicizing this and other atrocities that went on in Africa.

And the picture was taken at an aid station, as the majority of pictures of famine victims are. You have to understand that the photographers/videographers aren't just standing by and letting this happen. Carter chased the vulture away after as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

azezil wrote: »
    My mothers vagina :(

you are disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

ottostreet wrote: »
    Superquinn, Carlow?

NO, Stillorgan Shopping Centre..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

I was walking my dog down a path as you do and spotted a another dog running towards me, it ran by me and I looked around to find it in case it ran towards me again and as it was coming towards me again, a car ran over it. It did not die instantly, about 10 seconds later, its head dropped and knew then.

Horrible sight, I'll never forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I don't know what the outcome of this was but:

When I was heading home at 1 in the morning some months ago I saw a man walking past me with a butchers knife in his hand, cocked up in mid-air and looking like someone possessed. Scary sh*t.
    I was walking my dog down a path as you do and spotted a another dog running towards me, it ran by me and I looked around to find it in case it ran towards me again and as it was coming towards me again, a car ran over it. It did not die instantly, about 10 seconds later, its head dropped and knew then.

Horrible sight, I'll never forget it.

I once had a dream where I walked out my front door and a greyhound bit on my balls and would not let go. He was making a whimpering noise. Freaky cos the neighbour down the road always walks his dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

U2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

LoanShark wrote: »
    NO, Stillorgan Shopping Centre..

You saw that? I remember it well. Well, as well as I remember anything....like how I was going to finish this post....

Oh yeah. I live up the road from there. It was big news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

probably preforming cpr on a man who had collapsed at an equestrian event i had been on duty at with a vol. ambulance service, think it was more the colour he was, and the fact that his partner had been talking to him when he collapsed. not something i want to repeat any time soon, the doctor wouldnt pronuce him dead, even though his partner told me at the scene she knew he was gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

seen a fealla get shot in the center of sligo at 3.pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

A woman collapsing with blood streaming from her eyes in my work. I didn't know what to do so I ran a few doors up to the chemists and shouted for help. She died a few minutes later.

I wonder now if I should have stayed and continued to hold her hand while she passed away instead of running for help. Everyone else was just standing staring at her... Poor lady.

Running for help is far more sensible than staying with someone assuming they're going to die. You made the right call, the outcome was out of your control.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Nolanger wrote: »
    Anyone else see the beggar in Henry St, Dublin today with his legs bending the wrong way?

I don't feel the slightest remorse when I say that this person is by far the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I don't feel the slightest remorse when I say that this person is by far the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

pics, tits, backward legs or gtfo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

My auld fella lying on a slab in Drogheda hospital. Had to go identify his body. Nothing quite sticks in your mind like seeing one of your parents passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Orange69 wrote: »
    pics, tits, backward legs or gtfo!

No pics, just imagine a grasshopper who's a bit down on his luck.

Advertisement