Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Thanks for the info on the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    A blog entry titled "Any nice men in NUIM for a gorgeous man like me?" with a very NSFW picture.

If you put them up here mods might remove them...
    Wasn't planning on posting it here, if only there was a way for people that haven't seen it and want to see it could message me secretly :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Lazing around in the teacher room in work, spent the last 15 mins or so spinning around on chairs with my housemate and drinking coffee. Tis the life!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Does anyone know when the timetables will be updated for 2010/2011 because I've just realised a module that I thought I couldn't do has been moved to first semester! And a couple of the others that I was interested in have been moved to!

I need to find out what times they've been moved to so I can see what ones I can actually pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

^Probably after the repeats, I don't think we choose our electives until registration anyway and you can change electives in the first few weeks afaik.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Does anyone know when the timetables will be updated for 2010/2011 because I've just realised a module that I thought I couldn't do has been moved to first semester! And a couple of the others that I was interested in have been moved to!

I need to find out what times they've been moved to so I can see what ones I can actually pick!

You have up until some date in October to change your modules :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

There's timetables up now?? Me so stubids =P

Edit*
    Damn no 3Bmus for 2010/11 yet =(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

K4t wrote: »
    ^Probably after the repeats, I don't think we choose our electives until registration anyway and you can change electives in the first few weeks afaik.:)
    banquo wrote: »
    You have up until some date in October to change your modules :)

Thanks guys, my question was more about timetables! I just want an idea of times they'll be on at as I know what modules I want to pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Banquo, I have spent the last like 3 weeks wondering which mod RO:MAAAAN! is and why they've been editing all of your posts. Fuck sake, ye got me good!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Sorry if I'm switching subjects, but does anyone know anything about what the lowest grade is that you have to acheive on an exam? I know that you have to get 40 in a course.

The thing is that I already got 31 % secured from the CA (which was worth 40 % of the course). The exam is worth 60 %, does this mean I only need to get 15 % on the exam (to get the last 9 % needed for a pass)? Or what's the minimum?

I'm aiming a bit higher, but still interested in knowing.

• Advertisement

Banquo, I have spent the last like 3 weeks wondering which mod RO:MAAAAN! is and why they've been editing all of your posts. Fuck sake, ye got me good!

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

English department bit of nuim.ie got redesigned, apparently forgetting to include all information about modules 'n' stuff. BAH.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Here folks, what day do we start back/are people planning to move back? Can't wait to go back anywho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Goat, if I remember correctly we're back on 20/9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Yep. That's what the email said.

Advising a friend over FB chat on buying a laptop"
    i dont really need a laptop for graphics or software.

She requires no software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*Facepalm*

Cut out the side of a cereal packet and fold it in half. Give it to her. Then nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone ever do industrial work placement as part of their course at NUIM ?? Have to do 6 months myself in the second term for CSSE and haven't a clue about how to get it or where to go looking for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Are you talking about my sister? I keel you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Anyone ever do industrial work placement as part of their course at NUIM ?? Have to do 6 months myself in the second term for CSSE and haven't a clue about how to get it or where to go looking for it...

I just finished my CSSE degree but did the placement in 3rd year for 6 months like you're gonna be doing.

If you have a specific interest in a certain area then find the related companies and email them yourself just explaining that you have to do a 6 month placement as part of your degree and would love to work with them as you are interested in the area.

Otherwise, go through the placement officer (Paula Murray) and she'll try get you interviews. She has contacts in Intel and Microsoft and also gets emails and info from lots of other companies. Intel placements are for 11 months so you kinda defer your 4th year for a bit.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a specific interest?

scott.s wrote: »
    I just finished my CSSE degree but did the placement in 3rd year for 6 months like you're gonna be doing.

If you have a specific interest in a certain area then find the related companies and email them yourself just explaining that you have to do a 6 month placement as part of your degree and would love to work with them as you are interested in the area.

Otherwise, go through the placement officer (Paula Murray) and she'll try get you interviews. She has contacts in Intel and Microsoft and also gets emails and info from lots of other companies. Intel placements are for 11 months so you kinda defer your 4th year for a bit.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a specific interest?
    That's really helpful, thank you :)

I'm really interested in maybe getting something along the lines of web design or network management. I already own a couple of servers and have built a few websites but getting a job where I could learn more about this line of work would be a HUGE advantage to me as that's the area of computers that I enjoy and want to learn about the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Put the deposit down on my house today :D

Who's for pints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Passport photos in the town? Where do I go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Tesco used to have a passport photo machine in it, not sure about the big one.

I'd imagine the Maynooth Photo Centre would probably do it for you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Tesco does have one, just couldn't picture a place that had one in my head. Cheers

Jervis centre up by the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

cian1500ww wrote: »
    That's really helpful, thank you :)

I'm really interested in maybe getting something along the lines of web design or network management. I already own a couple of servers and have built a few websites but getting a job where I could learn more about this line of work would be a HUGE advantage to me as that's the area of computers that I enjoy and want to learn about the most.

No problem :)

I know what it's like. I managed to get my placement doing web development/design using PHP, HTML and CSS. Nothing like that covered in the course but I was really interested in it and was so happy when I got the placement. Now I do it as my job :D

• Advertisement

scott.s wrote: »

I know what it's like. I managed to get my placement doing web development/design using PHP, HTML and CSS. Nothing like that covered in the course but I was really interested in it and was so happy when I got the placement. Now I do it as my job :D
    That's interesting, do they mind if you do something that's not directly related to the course ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement