Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Hmm, tempting... :p How the hell do you play though, I'm just randomly clicking on items and this dude comes along and takes them :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Thats how you play! You pick the items you want to win and he takes em for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Does anyone know when registration for repeat students is? I'm assuming it's before the onslaught of new first years arrive to register, but just want to be certain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Does anyone know when registration for repeat students is? I'm assuming it's before the onslaught of new first years arrive to register, but just want to be certain :)

I'd say it'll be after. They're usually on one of the last registration days if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Be careful with Geography YourTextHere. There was runctions last year because repeat students had to register after everyone else and some modules were capped and as a result repeat students couldn't take those classes, even though it was no fault of their own that they had to register after everyone else. Maybe decide which modules you want to take (there was a list in that geography department email sent around last week) and contact those lecturers in advance of regular registration and explain the situation :)

• Advertisement

Be careful with Geography YourTextHere. There was runctions last year because repeat students had to register after everyone else and some modules were capped and as a result repeat students couldn't take those classes, even though it was no fault of their own that they had to register after everyone else. Maybe decide which modules you want to take (there was a list in that geography department email sent around last week) and contact those lecturers in advance of regular registration and explain the situation :)
    I don't actually do geography (helped out with geog soc as a favour to a friend :pac:), but thanks for the tip though, would never have thought of that! I imagine there could be similar problems with sociology, especially with the thesis groups :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I don't actually do geography (helped out with geog soc as a favour to a friend :pac:), but thanks for the tip though, would never have thought of that! I imagine there could be similar problems with sociology, especially with the thesis groups :/

Email them just to be sure so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Words cannot describe this hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

This was me for the entire weekend after Friday's birthday escapades. Lucozade Sport is my cure, that is if you can keep down liquids, which I was unable to do until yesterday.

BUT the wine was good and the craic was 90, so it was totally worth it! Hope you feel better soon funky!

I hear that.

• Advertisement

Also, has cold* :(

*manflu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

banquo wrote: »
    Also, has cold* :(

*manflu

Better than a hurty knee.

My aching bones beg to differ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've had a cold since Saturday. Just napped for two hours because I was drained from it.[/manflu]

Ouch, my health.

/off to whine to barleybooley

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Just bought a student return bus ticket online to save myself €1.80. Bought it with my debit card - I wouldn't be surprised if there was a transaction cost of €5 or something, knowing my luck. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

I was sick last year when we were meant to hand in the form for thesis groups for sociology but just rang the department and they put me in the class i wanted! also email lecturer in advance as the popular ones fill up fast e.g. CC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

that magnum website we were linked to is driving me mad!! I want to win things but it keeps demanding I put crosses on my eyes in a photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Alright my minions!

It is spreading to my bones.

/Drags self to meeting about website later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

banquo wrote: »
    Ouch, my health.

/off to whine to barleybooley

Think I may be developing this flu that everyone is getting, I've been cold since Friday!!

grrrr

How is everybody else feeling or are you all dying of the flu???

I was sick last year when we were meant to hand in the form for thesis groups for sociology but just rang the department and they put me in the class i wanted! also email lecturer in advance as the popular ones fill up fast e.g. CC!!

Haha, were you in his thesis group last year? If so, hello former classmate :D Fingers crossed that exact same one will be on again this year.
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Alright my minions!

The forum has been falling around us without a moderator's presence :p how's Indonesia?

kellief wrote: »
    Think I may be developing this flu that everyone is getting, I've been cold since Friday!!

grrrr

How is everybody else feeling or are you all dying of the flu???
    Think I'm getting the flu too! Been all sniffly and cold since the weekend ;_;

Of course, we don't moan about it as much as the menz here :pac:

Think I'm getting the flu too! Been all sniffly and cold since the weekend ;_;

Of course, we don't moan about it as much as the menz here :pac:

I've just been cold...freezing around the place! Was wearing two t-shirts in work yesterday and got lots of funny looks!!!

No we don't moan half as much!! Silly menz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Ye're all hypochondriacs the lot of ye! God, back in my day you'd get 20 lashes with the sally rod for even mentioning you weren't feeling the best :) anyone around the reading room?

Ah sure if we didn't moan what would we do???

Just leaving the very cold library to go to work...6-10...grrr...stupid shift, have to leave so early to get in and all this flooting around for 4 hours work!!

bye!!1 *waves*

Ye're all hypochondriacs the lot of ye! God, back in my day you'd get 20 lashes with the sally rod for even mentioning you weren't feeling the best :) anyone around the reading room?

There soon! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

So it turns out the reason for my epic hangver yesterday was due to drinking absinthe in a dark alleyway on the way to a club via a pub.

My missing hour explained......just cannot remember it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Two new posts on the blog -

http://bit.ly/9IWYj9
    This one is a general update on what we've been up to.

...http://bit.ly/aEWsDp
    And this one is the latest news from your SU.

Much Love,
    AE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement