Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Cipher wrote: »
    I've been using Maximuscle Promax for a while but from looking at myprotein, there is a massive difference in cost.

Nutrionally, they look similiar so i'm wondering if it's time to switch. I was going to get the Vanilla in the 5kg. Has anyone tried that flavour and what was it like?

Any idea on delivery times.

Thanks

The Vanilla is very nice I think. I don't have much experience with different supplements but it tastes as nice if not nicer than PhD Nutrition's Vanilla flavour.

I'd definitely go with MyProtein. I have bought Impact Whey, Weight Gainer from them and I'm now using Hurricane XS, a rip-off of Maximuscle's Cyclone, but a 1/4 of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Guys, Not really a supplement, but the best place i could think of for this. Just a heads up that until the 16th August (I think) you can get a 500g bag of Brazil nuts in Holland & barrett for €3.50 as part of their food frenzy offer. very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Just wondering if anyone has ever shopped with www.discountsupplements.ie ? Their prices are a bit higher than MyProtein's so I was wondering if anyone here has used them before. A 10lb bag of the awesome ON Whey for €85 (with free shipping) looks like a good deal but I just dunno if it's worth the extra cash over True Whey (70 Euro for 10lbs inc. postage).

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Yeah I have used them. Find them good. Good range and quick delivery too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

MyProtein just dispatched my order on a Sunday, big thumbs up from me even after using them for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

n1ck wrote: »
    MyProtein just dispatched my order on a Sunday, big thumbs up from me even after using them for a while!
    What you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Esse85 wrote: »
    What you get?

Ordered Impact Whey Protein, Strawberry flavour and BCAAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

How many people here get the "Tingle feelings" from beta alanine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

ormondprop wrote: »
    i've started using the mega pump stuff before weights and training and you get some buzz of it, highly recomend it, and its irish made so even better, one of the guys who plays rugby with me reckons its a lot better than the maximuscle nitric oxide aswell
    my brother bought a tub of their fusion aswell but only started using it lately instead of cyclone so hasn't had enough time to rate it yet, but from my experience i would highly recommend complete supplements

On the whole Complete Supplements things if anyones interested I can get the Whey Protien, Mega Pump and Fusion thats on their website at a reduced rate. <mod snip> No trading on the forum please!!!</Mod Snip> I'll help a few boardsies out but wont take bulk orders. Please PM me for more details.

The Pump stuff is absolutely UNREAL for nights where you think you cant go to the gym, within half an hour of taking it your going mental in the gym! The whey protien is ok, about 26g of protien per scoop! And the Fusion is competing with Maximuscle's Cyclone, its much better and it doesnt have half the shíte in it that Cyclone has. Great IRISH company too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

FearDark wrote: »
    On the whole Complete Supplements things if anyones interested I can get the Whey Protien, Mega Pump and Fusion at a reduced rate. <mod snip> No trading on the forum please!!!<?Mod Snip> I'll help a few boardsies out but wont take bulk orders. Please PM me for more details.

The Pump stuff is absolutely UNREAL for nights where you think you cant go to the gym, within half an hour of taking it your going mental in the gym! The whey protien is ok, about 26g of protien per scoop! And the Fusion is competing with Maximuscle's Cyclone, its much better and it doesnt have half the shíte in it that Cyclone has. Great IRISH company too.
    Thats a nice offer, how do we go about doing this?

Will we have to collect it in person or does that include delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Moderator Warning!!!

Trading is NOT allowed on the forums!

Anybody wishing to ask FearDark about his offer please do it via PM and not on the forum.

Cheers,

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Thats a nice offer, how do we go about doing this?

Will we have to collect it in person or does that include delivery?

PM me for info lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

RealistSpy wrote: »

Its normal and nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hoins

Good simple advice guys, thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Got it when I used Nutrition X Cell x elite wtf is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye I used to get it in a big way from NO shotgun, not sure what it is but I think it's supposed to dilate your blood vessels so that'd probably explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

colly10 wrote: »
    Ye I used to get it in a big way from NO shotgun, not sure what it is but I think it's supposed to dilate your blood vessels so that'd probably explain it

I don't even notice it that much am stacking it (Beta Alanine, BCAA, Creatine and Pre-Max). The tingle is ment to be normal anyways, its firing your nervs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

I just bought Big Whey from Nutrition X in their new tub. Uh oh...

It's 5 lbs instead of 6 lbs.

And it has less protein per 100g, and more fat and carbs per 100g.

Talk about going backwards! What the hell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Just had a myprotein choc nut.

Very nice. I like the shaker with the metal ball. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can't have enough shakers, I get a new one everytime i go to the local shop for a tub of whey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Need some help with a PWO shake to aid recovery. Already have a tub of protein but what else if anything else should I add to this. Not a huge oats fan so wouldn't be too keen on adding them to it. What's a good way to get carbs into a pwo shake.

Molly wrote: »
    Need some help with a PWO shake to aid recovery. Already have a tub of protein but what else if anything else should I add to this. Not a huge oats fan so wouldn't be too keen on adding them to it. What's a good way to get carbs into a pwo shake.
    Glucose.
    You could add creatine/glutamine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just thinking about my pre-WO shake.
    I normally take whey 60-90 mins before. And i was thinking about somebodys coments about an espresso before work outs (think it was the ECA stack thread).
    Would added a spoon or two of instant coffee to the pre-WO be similar. Basically the same caffine boost.

Mellor wrote: »
    Just thinking about my pre-WO shake.
    I normally take whey 60-90 mins before. And i was thinking about somebodys coments about an espresso before work outs (think it was the ECA stack thread).
    Would added a spoon or two of instant coffee to the pre-WO be similar. Basically the same caffine boost.
    It would give you a little boost, wouldnt have the same effects as an ECA stack, but worth a shot when your a little tired and need a kick up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nari85

anyone on here tried nitrobolon 2, starting it monday.what should i expect? i've being on cyclone before which i thought was good but way to expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Glanbia gets to the bottom of its booming whey sales

Glanbia is crediting an unusual demographic with its success in the first half of 2010 -- unemployed gym rats who are sculpting their pecs and pumping their guns through the recession.
    While the company is most associated with brands such as Avonmore in Ireland, its cheese and nutritional products division in the US is the group's star performer.
    Glanbia Nutritionals is the market leader in the production of whey protein, which is a key ingredient in nutritional products consumed by athletes and gym users. According to group MD John Moloney, sales of the products are growing rapidly despite the recession.
    "Even if people are unemployed they seem to be maintaining (working out) as an under-pinner of self-esteem, and people are looking after themselves despite the economic difficulties," Moloney said.
    It's not just an idle theory. While some US gym chains have seen a 10 per cent drop in membership numbers, usage at peak times is up by as much as 20 per cent as people with more spare time on their hands choose to tone their bums rather than sit on them.
    Glanbia Nutritionals produces 64,000 tonnes of whey-based nutritional products each year, supplying competitors as well as selling its own brands. Optimum Nutrition, which the group bought for $315m in 2007, sponsors both the Leinster and Ulster rugby teams.
    According to the Nutrition Business Journal, the global nutrition industry is forecast to reach $300bn this year.
    However, if the public's commitment to fitness wanes, Glanbia has carefully hedged its bets; the company also supplies Burger King, McDonald's and Dominoes with its cheese.
    - Harry Leech
    Sunday Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How long do Myprotein usually take to dispatch an order?

Ordered True Whey from them on thursday evening and it's still not been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi

Have you not received the email from MP advising that is has been shipped?

Seen as how you only ordered it on Thursday evening last and if I am not mistaken this is the August bank holiday weekend in the UK it might be a little slower than usual.

I ordered some stuff off them last Monday and received an email that evening saying goods had been dispatched and providing a tracking No. However I could find no information on the Royal Mail tracking page about my order until yesterday morning. So even though MP has dispatched my stuff really quickly, RM it appears have been the hold up.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No I've not even received the e-mail about it shipping. It's just stuck under 'Order Processing'

Forgot about the bank holiday, oh well few more days without shakes I suppose :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Hey lads any body know any cheaper alternatives to maximuscle cyclone. Just wondering before I bought a new tub

Advertisement