Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,169 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TheZ wrote: »
    Oxypro Elite
    read some reviews and picked them up "just to see"

They totally kill your appetite so in that sense they work

Not sure on the pseudoscience around "brown fat" but there does seem to be some research showing if you activate it it can burn a lot of calories
    best way to activate it is probably to expose yourself to cold but this stuff claims to be able to chemically activate it
    thanks, anybody got any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

There's a 10% off general myprotein code from the MP forum until midnight tonight (Tues 27th) - time to stock up on nuts :)

MPFORUM01

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

hey..I do alot of cycling and play alot of football so i'm very fit!!! What's best for fat loss??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

pajero12 wrote: »
    hey..I do alot of cycling and play alot of football so i'm very fit!!! What's best for fat loss??

Eating less. Particularly carbs. Supplements aren't great for fat loss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

pajero12 wrote: »
    Diet and cardio will get you the best results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Cactus466

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey! Was wondering if anyone had tried My Protein UK supplements seen some good reviews and the price seems fairly good. (don't know what postage and all works out at though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Hey! Was wondering if anyone had tried My Protein UK supplements seen some good reviews and the price seems fairly good. (don't know what postage and all works out at though)

I'd say as a majority most people here use MyProtein and their supplements are amazing, i take their True Whey and L Glutamine, postage isn't expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

n1ck wrote: »
    I'd say as a majority most people here use MyProtein and their supplements are amazing, i take their True Whey and L Glutamine, postage isn't expensive either.
    Cheers! Sickened I just bought a 5kg bag of gold standard last week oh well!!

Nothing wrong with that either.

• Advertisement

Any opinions of ON's Rocky Road flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

heads up

fssn are doing a fighters pack for €105 with

COMPLETE MEGA PUMP 900GMS
    COMPLETE WHEY 6LB
    COMPLETE RECOVERY 1.5KG

http://www.fssn.ie/shop/?cat=1279734977882

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cathal_Mc

Just ordered on discountsupplments.ie . Ordered on Tuesday morning and I got the products today, so pretty happy with that.

One product was out of stock but they got onto me and its due to me tomorrow.

So overall a good experience.

pm me if you need any details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Flash92

Was in Galway last week and picked up a 2lbs tub of Rocky Elsom's "Core" for fifteen quid, wondering how good it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Just noticed 15% off Impact Whey and a few other items on myprotein.co.uk

MP244120 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

ON Gold Standard is one of the, if not the best protein supp out there IMO. So safe bet there. The mint choc 100% whey tastes amazing. Havn't tried rocky road yet or fruit punch flavour. They are supposed to be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Play Gaa and soccer and have been put on a gym programme very recently put I feel I need a supplement to help me bulk up a bit quicker as I need results fast. Anyone have any experience of whey protein and what do they reccomend?

Firstly, should of been in the supps thread,

but ON Whey is rated amoung the best whey proteins

choons wrote: »
    Just noticed 15% off Impact Whey and a few other items on myprotein.co.uk

It's all sold out and it ends at 2 pm today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Lads,

I bought a bottle of BCAA tablets to get an order of protein over E50 to get free postage but i have never taken them before.

I can gather from reading up on Boards that the best time to take them is before and after training but i was wondering should i still take them on rest or cardio days ??

All help here is greatly appreciated lads Thanks :)

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    It's all sold out and it ends at 2 pm today. :(
    You can get 5kg of the stuff for £35 plus shipping, you wont see it advertised.

Esse85 wrote: »
    You can get 5kg of the stuff for £35 plus shipping, you wont see it advertised.

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

Hi all.

Im 22 5'6'', 140 lbs-ish. not much fat on me but not a massive amount of muscle either. im of slight build.

Ive been going to the gym now for the past three weeks.

I suppose my goals are:

- just to put on some muscle mass, i dont want to get massive, but i suppose Id like to get built up to some extent - maybe get to 150/155 lbs of muscle.
    - to get ripped up aswell, to get my abs showing.

(not sure if its even possible to get ripped and built at the same time...you have to eat extra to get built and eat less to get ripped, right?)

The other thing I have to consider is that I play GAA and soccer and am quite pacy. I dont want to put on too much muscle that i would become slower/sluggish.

So have been hitting the gym without supplements for the last three. trying to focus on building up my arms chest and abs. just focusing on the upper body.

typical routine is:
    -Bench 4 sets 45kg (12.5 kg on each end of the bar) (5-7 reps) (started at 40 kg but now slowly moved up to 45)
    -shoulder press dumbells (12 kg) 3 sets - 10 reps
    - shrugs 12kg 3 sets 10 reps
    -seated dumbell curls (12kg) 3/4 sets - 6 reps...sometime i change to 10kg and do ten reps.
    -then abs, do 3 sets of crunches 30 reps, 3 sets of bicycle manouever 15 on each side, then do the plank 3 times for a minute each time.
    - then run for two/three miles.

do this routine 3/4 times a week.

so i decided to invest in some supplements so that i could bulk up, just gain lean muscle mass really. i know absolutely nothing about supplements, but i had intended on getting a protein supplement as i had heard that would be the one to go for to help building muscle.

so i rung one of my mates and he told me to go for USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic. he said he put on 1.5 stone of muscle in six weeks off it. and then i asked the guy in the shop about it and he said itd be the one to go for if i wanted to get built. but now after reading the back of the tub it looks like this is more a creatine substance and im not sure it is exactly what i should have got. this seems to be as if its for professional bodybuilders. what do you guys reckon?

so i dunno if ive explained myself properly.
    i want to gain muscle mass but only to a certain extent. i suppose the taylor lautner look is what id be aiming for, that build size. he's built but hes no ronnie coleman either ;)

http://www.take40.com/news/17327/taylor-lautner-embarrassed-about-weight-gain!

all advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Mick990 wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

I bought a bottle of BCAA tablets to get an order of protein over E50 to get free postage but i have never taken them before.

I can gather from reading up on Boards that the best time to take them is before and after training but i was wondering should i still take them on rest or cardio days ??

All help here is greatly appreciated lads Thanks :)

Yes take BCAA before any intense work out day. I would prefer the powder version than the tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hi all.

Im 22 5'6'', 140 lbs-ish. not much fat on me but not a massive amount of muscle either. im of slight build.

Ive been going to the gym now for the past three weeks.

I suppose my goals are:

- just to put on some muscle mass, i dont want to get massive, but i suppose Id like to get built up to some extent - maybe get to 150/155 lbs of muscle.
    - to get ripped up aswell, to get my abs showing.

(not sure if its even possible to get ripped and built at the same time...you have to eat extra to get built and eat less to get ripped, right?)

The other thing I have to consider is that I play GAA and soccer and am quite pacy. I dont want to put on too much muscle that i would become slower/sluggish.

So have been hitting the gym without supplements for the last three. trying to focus on building up my arms chest and abs. just focusing on the upper body.

typical routine is:
    -Bench 4 sets 45kg (12.5 kg on each end of the bar) (5-7 reps) (started at 40 kg but now slowly moved up to 45)
    -shoulder press dumbells (12 kg) 3 sets - 10 reps
    - shrugs 12kg 3 sets 10 reps
    -seated dumbell curls (12kg) 3/4 sets - 6 reps...sometime i change to 10kg and do ten reps.
    -then abs, do 3 sets of crunches 30 reps, 3 sets of bicycle manouever 15 on each side, then do the plank 3 times for a minute each time.
    - then run for two/three miles.

do this routine 3/4 times a week.

so i decided to invest in some supplements so that i could bulk up, just gain lean muscle mass really. i know absolutely nothing about supplements, but i had intended on getting a protein supplement as i had heard that would be the one to go for to help building muscle.

so i rung one of my mates and he told me to go for USN Muscle Fuel Anabolic. he said he put on 1.5 stone of muscle in six weeks off it. and then i asked the guy in the shop about it and he said itd be the one to go for if i wanted to get built. but now after reading the back of the tub it looks like this is more a creatine substance and im not sure it is exactly what i should have got. this seems to be as if its for professional bodybuilders. what do you guys reckon?

so i dunno if ive explained myself properly.
    i want to gain muscle mass but only to a certain extent. i suppose the taylor lautner look is what id be aiming for, that build size. he's built but hes no ronnie coleman either ;)

http://www.take40.com/news/17327/taylor-lautner-embarrassed-about-weight-gain!

all advice appreciated.

Sorry to say this mate but you will need to eat lots. Food + Creatine and don't forget your whey proteins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

siochain wrote: »
    heads up

fssn are doing a fighters pack for €105 with

COMPLETE MEGA PUMP 900GMS
    COMPLETE WHEY 6LB
    COMPLETE RECOVERY 1.5KG

http://www.fssn.ie/shop/?cat=1279734977882

i've started using the mega pump stuff before weights and training and you get some buzz of it, highly recomend it, and its irish made so even better, one of the guys who plays rugby with me reckons its a lot better than the maximuscle nitric oxide aswell
    my brother bought a tub of their fusion aswell but only started using it lately instead of cyclone so hasn't had enough time to rate it yet, but from my experience i would highly recommend complete supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

I've been using Maximuscle Promax for a while but from looking at myprotein, there is a massive difference in cost.

Nutrionally, they look similiar so i'm wondering if it's time to switch. I was going to get the Vanilla in the 5kg. Has anyone tried that flavour and what was it like?

Any idea on delivery times.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Cipher wrote: »
    I've been using Maximuscle Promax for a while but from looking at myprotein, there is a massive difference in cost.

Nutrionally, they look similiar so i'm wondering if it's time to switch. I was going to get the Vanilla in the 5kg. Has anyone tried that flavour and what was it like?

Any idea on delivery times.

Thanks

Got and order in 3 working days last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

Esse85 wrote: »
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/pricematch.aspx

Put this in, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/

And there you have it, 5kg of Impact Whey Flavoured £35.

Thanks alot man been buying just unflavoured to save some money.Now I can get me some flavour:D

Advertisement