Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Fad wrote: »
    I've read the wiki article too....... >_>

I dunno, I just kinda doubt it'll ever become a massive problem here considering how long it's been around and it still hasn't made much of an impact.......

Still not attempting to say it cant/ definitely wont make an impact

I actually haven't read it, I just watch A LOT of those A&E Intervention programmes :P They're full of meth addicts.

I know what you mean but still, better to understand the dangers than risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hotaru wrote: »
    I actually haven't read it, I just watch A LOT of those A&E Intervention programmes :P They're full of meth addicts.

I know what you mean but still, better to understand the dangers than risk it.

The Yaba reference is what made me think of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I've seen it here, as well as everything else :( turns my stomach! That ad is awesome though. Can't imagine it ever been shown on TV in Ireland unfortunately. Censorship offends me!!

But on a cheerier note... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4HffbAUTk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hotaru wrote: »
    10 or so anti-meth ads in this clip - they're really well done, should be shown in schools and stuff here imo.

Wow, thats a brilliant ad. Beats the shit we were shown in school, the basic message was "OMG don't do drugs or you'll like, DIE"...a bit like the pregnancy thing in Mean Girls :rolleyes: Everyone knew it was fairly unrealistic, so the opinion was more like "oh well thats not gunna kill me, whats the harm", whereas seeing the physical effects of meth would be more likely to turn people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

It's a documentary of the rise and spread of Weed smoking.

The original ban of its use wasn't for health or safety,it was racsim against mexican labourers who smoked it after work

and it was only spread country wide as the treasury[who were losing money on its use] decided to convinvce people it was a menace,because they couldn't afford to pay the police to investigate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Shít, those ads are scary. Very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I just a documentary about seahorses. I now have much respect for seahorses. How they give birth is weird, yet cool.

Well,when they are hermaphordytes things are bound to be weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

MavisDavis wrote: »
    I just a documentary about seahorses. I now have much respect for seahorses. How they give birth is weird, yet cool.

I saw that too!

Vin Diesel is a D&D fanatic *mind blown*

he even wrote the intro to the 4.0 core book.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Funny story. My uncle once believed that sea-horses were purely fictional creatures! He was convinced they were like unicorns or griffins. Then, while visiting Cyprus on holiday, he spotted some sea-horses in the water. His freaked-out reaction surprised the entire tour group! :D

Rob Sheridan Wallpapers.

All credit goes to Fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

It's a documentary of the rise and spread of Weed smoking.

The original ban of its use wasn't for health or safety,it was racsim against mexican labourers who smoked it after work

and it was only spread country wide as the treasury[who were losing money on its use] decided to convinvce people it was a menace,because they couldn't afford to pay the police to investigate it

Saw this a while ago and tried to show it to my Dad. He claimed it was "propoganda". This pissed me off to no end (him saying this not the video).

Just saw a programme about :Dabbawala's

200,000 home made lunches delivered, from home, every day.Only about 1/16 million goes missing and the same box is returned to the original house for the next day,all while the vast majority of them are illiterate and don't use maps or communication devices.

And yet dublin bus can't even get to a bus stop on time

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I don't really believe it, but i found it a good read and a bit thought provoking..It's a conspiracy that says paul mccartney is actually dead. Have a read: http://homepages.tesco.net/harbfamily/opd/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Are they ALL babies? :eek: How are they not like, taking over the world or something!

Also, thought that thing it went over to at the end was a duck...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

That's pretty freaky tbh. :p It's like it's at a party blowing out confetti or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

WARNING - morbid shít up ahead.

The Aokigahara Forest at the base of Mount Fuji has been a 'popular' destination for suicides for years and years. Normally locals find up to 100 bodies in the forest per year, last year being a dismal year economically led to them finding 300 bodies. I wandered into a photo exhibition the other day, with this forest as the subject, and thought it was eerily fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

[Video]Seahorse Vid[/Video]

Are they snuggling at the end?! :eek:

I was once told that if you're nervous you should think of seahorses...because they're "friendly".:confused:

WARNING - morbid shít up ahead.

The Aokigahara Forest at the base of Mount Fuji has been a 'popular' destination for suicides for years and years. Normally locals find up to 100 bodies in the forest per year, last year being a dismal year economically led to them finding 300 bodies. I wandered into a photo exhibition the other day, with this forest as the subject, and thought it was eerily fascinating.
    Just had a quick google of this,it's really interesting and the pictures are good?[or well done at least]

Linky Link
    WARNING: there are picture of dead bodies and other various,possibly disturbing scenes/facts,don't say I didn't tell you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Are they ALL babies? :eek: How are they not like, taking over the world or something!
    I think almost all of them die before adulthood so civilisation is safe for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Redlion wrote: »
    I don't really believe it, but i found it a good read and a bit thought provoking..It's a conspiracy that says paul mccartney is actually dead. Have a read: http://homepages.tesco.net/harbfamily/opd/index.html

Ah yeah, always found that hilarious, how did people actually believe this stuff?
    The Headgear
    Why is Paul the only member of the group not to be wearing a hat? A reference to Paul's decapition perhaps? Why would he need a hat if he has no head?

Come oooooon...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Some of it does sound ridiculous, but some of it seems slightly more plausible...like the line "Let me introduce to you, the one and only Billy Shears..."...Billy Shears being the man who replaced Paul. Like i said though, I don't really believe it, it just kept me entertained for a little bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Redlion wrote: »

([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let it be)If the chorus to this song is played backwards you can quite clearly heard Paul singing "He's dead" over and over. It's almost like he's saying "He's dead, let it be!", as if telling us to get over it.

It didn't start freaking me out till now...everytime I hear that song now, I'm gonna be thinking of this :eek:
    [/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I spose this interests me...it makes me sad too though. A friend of mine hasn't seen her boyfriend for three years, and won't be able to see him for another two, due to visas and all sorts of bureaucratic crap. They talk every day, and won't even think of breaking up. It makes her so sad...but she loves him! Stupid unnecessary war on Iraq :(

European Light Pollution

I dunno about anyone else but just looking up in a city and seeing that horrible orange glow saddens me everytime. I love when we go away for a weekend to the country where you can look up and see everything.

The wiki makes some interesting reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Jackobyte wrote: »

Serious question: Are you saying you don't find this picture beautiful?
    I mean look at Moscow, and the amazing Spiderweb pattern surrounding it.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Serious question: Are you saying you don't find this picture beautiful?
    I mean look at Moscow, and the amazing Spiderweb pattern surrounding it.
    Fantastic picture, I was just using it as an example of how much of our skies are polluted. Looking up at the sky and seeing an orange smog instead of stars though isn't very nice though. Better light management would keep this appearance without damaging our view of the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Fantastic picture, I was just using it as an example of how much of our skies are polluted. Looking up at the sky and seeing an orange smog instead of stars though isn't very nice though. Better light management would keep this appearance without damaging our view of the sky though.

You could have used the word though a bit less though.

Advertisement