Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I said I liked the art, what's not to like:
    Baneslayer_Angel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've heard of calisthenic fitness before,but DAMN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Oddly engrossing, simple, minimalist action platform game.

I don't know why but I really really like it. Could be the music.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I liked the game, and then the "don't look back" thing became more obvious and I really liked the game, and then the ending came and I loved the game :D

I think it's based on the Legend of Orpheus
    The most famous story in which Orpheus figures is that of his wife Eurydice (also known as Agriope). While walking among her people, the Cicones, in tall grass at her wedding, Eurydice ran into a nest of snakes which bit her fatally on her heel. Distraught, Orpheus played such sad songs and sang so mournfully that all the nymphs and gods wept. On their advice, Orpheus traveled to the underworld and by his music softened the hearts of Hades and Persephone (he was the only person ever to do so), who agreed to allow Eurydice to return with him to earth on one condition: he should walk in front of her and not look back until they both had reached the upper world. He set off with Eurydice following and in his anxiety as soon as he reached the upper world he turned to look at her, forgetting that both needed to be in the upper world, and she vanished for the second time, but now forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I love this interview with Dali. As ridiculous and conceited as he may sound, he actually gives some deep truisms here. Respect x1billion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I liked the game, and then the "don't look back" thing became more obvious and I really liked the game, and then the ending came and I loved the game :D

I think it's based on the Legend of Orpheus

How the hell do you pass the bit with the big tentacled monster that fires balls of...stuff.. at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

How the hell do you pass the bit with the big tentacled monster that fires balls of...stuff.. at you?

It's kind of down to luck. Sometimes his balls (LOLOL) swerve upwards and away from you, allowing you to shoot him a couple of times. Then it's a matter of jumping over the last one and finishing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

He aims his fireballs at your current position, so if you jump before he fires them they'll pass over your head once you land.

This is a fairly awesome bit of animation:

In case you ever thought I wasn't weird;
    The last time I felt depressed, thinking about those less fortunate made me feel worse. Instead of making me appreciate all the great things I have in my life, it made me feel (i) angry at all the injustice in the world, (ii) powerless to do anything about those injustices and (iii) more ashamed of myself for feeling so down when my life wasn't that bad.

*tries to think happy thoughts*
    this really interests me,always has.I wonder if you could "quantify" happiness or lack there of,what would people choose?
    The example I always think of is,let's say a heroine addict.He may be killing himself and living a hard life,but if he is happy would you rather be him than a depressed bank manager with a fancy new car,beautiful wife and 3 healthy kids.

Basically,would people rather be accepted or happy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

In case you ever thought I wasn't weird;

this really interests me,always has.I wonder if you could "quantify" happiness or lack there of,what would people choose?
    The example I always think of is,let's say a heroine addict.He may be killing himself and living a hard life,but if he is happy would you rather be him than a depressed bank manager with a fancy new car,beautiful wife and 3 healthy kids.

Basically,would people rather be accepted or happy?

From doing an awful lot of research on heroin addicts in the last few months, I've yet to find a single one that is happy. They hate their addiction, hate to the bone, but they can't live without it. They need heroin just to prevent withdrawal symptoms - there's little or no high for most addicts. So they're highly unlikely to be happy, unless they're very recent users.

Bit OT, but just thought I'd point that out :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Never thought someone would ever post about me as something they find interesting. I'm ever so proud of myself right now! :D

Never thought someone would ever post about me as something they find interesting. I'm ever so proud of myself right now! :D
    well,it was that post that popped it into my head[I'm not calling you specifically on your opinion]

This video:

a giant F*ck you to people judgement of someone.She may be a bit off the rails now,but susan boyle opened a lot of people's eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Doesn't this just make you smile? He's just had his cochlear implant turned on and can hear for the first time (well, I'd imagine that it's not the very first time or he'd be screaming but, yeah). I'm not into science but sometimes it amazes me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW. That is adorable.

I mean, eh...

*grunt* yeah it's pretty cool >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

http://www.2medusa.com/2009/01/anorexia-remembering-samantha-michaela.html

This is a seriously scary story about the Kendall twins who died of anorexia. Having once been anorexic myself, I find the illness fascinating - how it develops, what it does, when it occurs etc. Most interesting is the huge incidence of severe anorexia in twins. You can kinda understand why - they spur each other on.

More recently, the story of the Wallmeyer twins gives an excellent insight into the illness. Particularly interesting is the conflict between the law and anorexia - http://www.2medusa.com/search/label/Rachel%20Wallmeyer

Scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Watching this video now.

Despite the title it's not really about programming or technology at all (although the examples tend to be that way).
    It's pretty much just about how insecurities and pride get in the way of doing good work.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Watching this video now.

Despite the title it's not really about programming or technology at all (although the examples tend to be that way).
    It's pretty much just about how insecurities and pride get in the way of doing good work.

Kind of reassuring. I loved the CEO analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Inside the Sistine Chapel

pretty amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

This pretty much blew my mind.

Galactic Center of milky way passes over texas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

The 1901 census is online now, think the 1911 one has been for a while. I think these things are fascinating, you can trace your family, see how they lived, and you can look up famous people at the time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/

The 1901 census is online now, think the 1911 one has been for a while. I think these things are fascinating, you can trace your family, see how they lived, and you can look up famous people at the time as well.

Anyone looking people up should note that there'll be age discrepancies between the two due to the old age pension being introduced before the 1911 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

phlegms wrote: »

That's incredible! We are so tiny:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

phlegms wrote: »
    I dont like those videos.They make me feel insignificant.
    I dont like being insignificant :(

If I end up dropping out of college,this is what I want to do with my life.

In case any of you thought I was any way normal :rolleyes:

crazy ass americans.I love phillyd's vlog though,I've been following it for months

EWW!! triple posting;

Viral videos,where are they now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Move over Neil Peart, screw you Dave Grohl, go home Keith Moon, I've just found the greatest drummer of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Move over Neil Peart, screw you Dave Grohl, go home Keith Moon, I've just found the greatest drummer of all time.

That guy's my new drumming hero! I'm just itching to copy his moves, legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Wow. These are amazing.

awesome cakes!

Advertisement