Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You could have used the word though a bit less though.

Do you have a constructive point, or are you just posting here for the sole purpose of questioning someone's posting-style?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Redlion wrote: »
    I don't really believe it, but i found it a good read and a bit thought provoking..It's a conspiracy that says paul mccartney is actually dead. Have a read: http://homepages.tesco.net/harbfamily/opd/index.html
    Ok, I was willing to give it consideration up untill I read this-
    "The crowd that had turned up to see what was going on was oblivious as to whom they were watching. They all thought that he looked familiar, but since his hair was burnt off in the fire they couldn't tell for sure. Later, it also transpired that identifying the Paul using dental records would be impossible since all of his teeth were knocked out during the crash.
    "

Seems a little unlikely that ALL his teeth would be knocked out... Maybe a few, but not all of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

Do you have a constructive point, or are you just posting here for the sole purpose of questioning someone's posting-style?

The latter.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Street Fighter is something I both like AND find interesting :D Here's me beating Ireland's number 1 Chun. Didn't happen too many times last night :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

How cool is that? I never realised the changes were so drastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Street Fighter is something I both like AND find interesting :D Here's me beating Ireland's number 1 Chun. Didn't happen too many times last night :o
    Hitting a girl, D4RK. Just lost all respect for you... :(
    illiop wrote: »
    How cool is that? I never realised the changes were so drastic.
    I came across that on stumbleupon the other day. Fascinating.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Hitting a girl, D4RK. Just lost all respect for you... :(

Chun Li is a cow anyway, throwing fireballs and hurting poor Honda. And he RAPED my Makoto with his Cammy earlier in the session. It hurt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Chun Li is a cow anyway, throwing fireballs and hurting poor Honda. And he RAPED my Makoto with his Cammy earlier in the session. It hurt :(
    [/YOUTUBE]
    you just can't beat those thighs :pac:

First page I've stumbled onto:
    http://www.younggalleryphoto.com/photography/brandt/brandt.html

This stumbling craic is nice

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some may find parts of this one distressing:

One of the strangest films ever made, Freaks is still technically banned in Ireland, parts of Scandinavia and several states in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks

The profiles on the different actors are incredible. Each of their conditions in itself is astounding. There were no prosthetics used, and there was no such thing as CGI in 1932, so what you see is how they were.

The whole film is on Google Video, and it's only 65 minutes long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6355110065089064433#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I've known about that film for a while.

Freaks in a circus rebel.
    Some freaky shít.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/2009/10/05/05-freaks-1932/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

This!

For those too lazy to read, some guy uploaded pictures of his child a decade ago.

Recently he searched for himself on google to find that pictures of his now 10-year-old son as a baby have become super popular on a Japanese image board, and there exist automated scripts to caption this picture, and sculptures of him.

****ing Japanese weirdos :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

For fans of (500) Days of Summer. This is lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

http://www.greeksky.gr/files/photos/atmospheric/20100628Thunders.htm

for all you camera people,42 shots of lightning stacked up from the same angle.

Also,stumbleupon,best thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

http://www.greeksky.gr/files/photos/atmospheric/20100628Thunders.htm

for all you camera people,42 shots of lightning stacked up from the same angle.

Also,stumbleupon,best thing ever

I stumbledupon that about five minutes ago!

Also these are all pretty amazing.

Another gem from stubleupon http://www.questfortherest.com/

It's a game! With lovely music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Long picture.

Click here

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

If you're using a wireless connection and browsing with either Chrome or Firefox, go to Google Maps. Click the dot above the yellow Street View man. It's scarily accurate! How anonymous do you feel now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

syncosised wrote: »
    If you're using a wireless connection and browsing with either Chrome or Firefox, go to Google Maps. Click the dot above the yellow Street View man. It's scarily accurate! How anonymous do you feel now?
    It just gave me the whole map of Ireland :P I'm untraceable!

First it brought me to Ormond Quay so I did it again. This time it brought me to the middle of nowhere in Kildare. So I did it a third time...but it just gave up and showed me a map of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

:eek:

Mine located me to be just up my road. Bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Wow, it exactly located my house! It was just a few meters short of my room. Scary stuff indeed, but also awesome! I have no idea how they did it with that kind of accuracy, that's immensely clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Fucking hell, it didn't just get my street, it got my actual apartment complex. Scary thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

This has been freaking me out since 2009 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm untraceable, yay for ruralness :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Ohmygod.
    It found me.
    I live in the middle of nowhere.
    Literally. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I just got a pop up saying "www.google.com wants to know your location [Share Location] [Don't Share]". The wilderness ftw. \o/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

"Your location could not be determined."
    I wouldnt mind but Im not that much in the backarse of nowhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I got that too deise. I may be in wicklow, but I'm far from the backárse of nowhere. The dart goes here like, we can't be boggers.

• Advertisement

Wow.

...maybe it belongs in the "hilarious videos" thread but I don't think so.

Advertisement