Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang Kill rule

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

oeb wrote: »
    Out of interest, if you are so worried about loosing a tooth, why are you playing without full face protection in the first place?

I think i already answered your question in my post ;)
    Bernie Mac wrote: »
    ...So after all that in my opinion it is a safety rule more than anything else.

Oh and just to mention i was wearing a full face mask when it happened. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    I think i already answered your question in my post ;)

Sorry, my bad.

Out of interest (And speaking as someone else who is paranoid about losing teeth), what type of full face protection were you wearing? I will have to make sure to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I've found the more rigid masks tend to be more brittle. You need a mask with a good flex in it for airsoft which means a lot of paintball masks wont cut it.

Facemasks are a whole different discussion though.

oeb wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad.

Out of interest (And speaking as someone else who is paranoid about losing teeth), what type of full face protection were you wearing? I will have to make sure to avoid it.

Haha no worries man, it was the sensai masks the usual bog standard mesh masks you can get for a tenner, the only problem was that it bounced off a mag on my chest rig and shot up, pure one in a million shot but was still at bang kill range and was on a site that bang kills are a rule. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Out of interest, what sites have bang kills as a rule? i.e. they're mandatory at a certain range and you have to take them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

I think G-tac did if I remember right

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Out of interest, what sites have bang kills as a rule? i.e. they're mandatory at a certain range and you have to take them?

To mention one Rathbeggan do. It gets too dangerous in certain sections of the site so we make it a rule. We used to have too many players turning a corner/jumping over a cross hide and riddling 20 rounds into somebody.

So we felt we would put it in place and we have the marshaling power to deal with any problems that occur which are extremely rare with a minimum of 3 marshals on the field at all times :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

The only time I will ever offer a bang kill is if it is either that or a close range headshot to someone who isn't wearing a full face mask. In any other situation I will fire a shot or two, preferably into the centre mass.

I will usually take a bang kill if offered, mostly to avoid arguments, I have no problems with taking a hit, I take hits even when I'm not sure I've been hit, so I'm not going to p1ss and moan about a bang kill that's a little questionable, it's just a waste of energy, muppets will be muppets whether I give out to them or not.

I won't take bang kills from 20 feet, or multiple bang kills or any of that nonsense.

I'd like to see the whole 'rule' done away with and us just get back to shooting one another.

In a perfect world, all airsofters would be decent and honourable enough sportsmen to offer each other the courtesy of a bang kill in situations where shooting would cause undue pain or injury to another player. This is the only situation where I think it is acceptible to use. The reality though is that many people use the bang kill to gain an advantage over other players, there should be no gain from using a bang kill except that the person killed gets to walk back to the respawn without a tooth missing or a massive bleeding welt on their face.

A pet peeve of mine is people who stick their gun through a window or around a corner and shout bang, had they actually shot it would have been blind firing and against the rules, however since they only shouted bang they seem to think that the blind fire rule no longer applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I'd like to see the whole 'rule' done away with and us just get back to shooting one another.

Ban the Bang!

I feel a campaign coming on!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

fayer wrote: »
    Ban the Bang!

I feel a campaign coming on!

i second this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rossla

Three!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I myself prefare the Knife Kill over bang rule - I get a little adrenalin rush sneaking up behind someone :D:D

But I myself have had some stupid bang kills shouted at me while playing some games. Generally I take them as to avoid the arguement that will indefinetly follow the kill. Its a Loose-Loose situation to be honest. You have players that will bitch that you didn't take your Bang! kill and then there are those who bitch that you shot them rather then offering the Bang!

In short; Knife Kill = Win. Its an undeniable death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I've been present for a 7-metre bang kill in the field. So far away, that the target could barely hear it (and those present will know what I'm talking about if they're reading this).

Believe me, that was controversial.

k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I've been present for a 7-metre bang kill in the field. So far away, that the target could barely hear it (and those present will know what I'm talking about if they're reading this).

Believe me, that was controversial.

That will always live in my memory, walked down the field mid game and witnessed that..epic:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Actually the first bang kill experience for me was from my first skirmish at HRTA. Fair enough your man had the drop on me, But it turns out his AEG was broken so that was why he used it. Needless to say I took it but today I wouldnt have. I generally find myself staring at people after the shout "bang" at me just to make sure they could shoot there s**t if needed :)

As with getting rid of it...I just think it should be a courtesey as lets face it, in airsoft there will always be some extremem cases were certain "ancient" rules will still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Actually the first bang kill experience for me was from my first skirmish at HRTA. Fair enough your man had the drop on me, But it turns out his AEG was broken so that was why he used it. Needless to say I took it but today I wouldnt have. I generally find myself staring at people after the shout "bang" at me just to make sure they could shoot there s**t if needed :)

As with getting rid of it...I just think it should be a courtesey as lets face it, in airsoft there will always be some extremem cases were certain "ancient" rules will still apply.

very unfair of him to call a bangkill.
    I've seen guys out at LAC whose battery went dead and every one of them held their AEG up and left the gamezone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The bang kills I offer are only when there can be no dispute, I am not in a rush and yerman is definitely getting shot if he doesn't accept it. You always wait for the target to confirm they are taking the bang kill, I just ask if needs be.

Had a lad flank me once on the reload, I was kneeling facing the other way, changing magazines and he offered me the bang kill, he asked was I dead, I just said yeah sure, there was no reloading and brapping him in that situation and we both confirmed I was out.

A good bang kill is where the guy who is killed says thanks afterwards, because it was either that or a close range shot, anything else you may as well pull the trigger because I've seen and heard many "bang bang bang" shouts with questionable advantage to the 'banger'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

My take on the bang kill has been covered well by the lads above, so no point repeating. Though i have some funny bang kill stories, the best was one trip to Predator oh, i think over a year ago.

Myself and Conman were going though some of the less dense shrubbery quietly when we saw a lad in front of us, about ~20 feet away. We didn't know what team he was on, so just said 'Red or blue', he said nothing, said it again and although he wasn't facing us, had his gun by his side AND was ~20 feet away he just said 'Bang Bang'. Puzzled we thought he was talking to someone else, but he said it again, and then asked if we were going to take it. Oh course he got a double tap to the arm.

It's chancers like that and idiots running into rooms shouting Bang at everything that make it more trouble than it's worth. Even though at sites where it isn't a rule, i still offer to people where my only option is a close headshot, or if it's a young lad on his first day. Which btw is great fun, I never thought i'd find children screaming funny till i've crept up behind them with a gun..... Now there's a quote for the Star.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Spetzcong wrote: »
    In a perfect world, all airsofters would be decent and honourable enough sportsmen to offer each other the courtesy of a bang kill in situations where shooting would cause undue pain or injury to another player. This is the only situation where I think it is acceptible to use. The reality though is that many people use the bang kill to gain an advantage over other players, there should be no gain from using a bang kill except that the person killed gets to walk back to the respawn without a tooth missing or a massive bleeding welt on their face.

QFT , agree completely

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

the bang kill rule simply does not work. just yesterday in the office block i could have offered it to a noob with the shield who was advancing into a room unfortunatly for him he didn't see me on a chair proped up on the wall. he let this sream when i popped two in the crown of his head at about five feet. i nearly fell of the chair:D:D:D. ahhhhh good times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Most people would scream being hit in the head at 5 feet with 2 BBs. I would. This is why the bang kill is 'offered' - to save someone the pain of close range shots. Nothing else. If they don't take it, you can shoot them. If you are in any doubt of missing, then you shouldn't have offered the bang kill in the first place.

It's just a small courtesy. Banning it as a rule, I'm not against it. However I would like to see it being allowed as the courtesy...especially since airsoft is a game of honour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

he let this sream when i popped two in the crown of his head at about five feet. i nearly fell of the chair. ahhhhh good times!!

im sorry that is not really anything to be proud of, i do get worried about people in airsoft that seem to take pleasure to causing other people pain

for me bang kill and knife kill are the same thing as for me there used when you know you will hit the opposition and they can not hit you, both names become the same thing, if your correctly able to offer a bang kill then your almost always in a position to get closer to offer a knife kill, as i said in my eyes there the same thing there a surrender rule

and the rule works perfectly fine until as other have said people try to push it gain a advantage in a competitive manor

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    unfortunatly for him he didn't see me on a chair proped up on the wall. he let this sream when i popped two in the crown of his head at about five feet. i nearly fell of the chair:D:D:D. ahhhhh good times!!

I am not a fan of the bankill rule, but you are a very good example why it should be used.

i would have rather have taken the 2 rounds to the top of the head than a bang kill. its a silly rule that just stirs pointless arguments. if you giveout about getting shot at close range maybe you shouldnt be playing this game.

joe stodge wrote: »
    i would have rather have taken the 2 rounds to the top of the head than a bang kill

From 5 feet?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

i would have rather have taken the 2 rounds to the top of the head than a bang kill. its a silly rule that just stirs pointless arguments. if you giveout about getting shot at close range maybe you shouldnt be playing this game.
    It's all different viewpoints at the end of the day, you can b*tch and moan about it, but there's still gonna be people who want to use the bang kill courtesy and people who won't. In that situation I would have preferred that the player offered a bang kill first, if I didn't take it, then it's all well and good if he shoots me. I'll offer it occasionaly, if its a new/younger player who I'd really rather not cause any undue pain from a close shot.

Joe, the above isn't aimed at you, I just quoted your post to make a point on my thoughts.
    Snakedoc, not having a go at you, but a bit of cop on is needed sometimes, especially in that kind of situation.

Blay wrote: »
    From 5 feet?:rolleyes:

yes from 5 feet.

yes from 5 feet.

Right..shooting someone in the head from 5 feet is ridiculous and overly aggressive. Why couldn't he shoot the guy in the vest if he was only 5 feet away? What he did was a concious decision to hurt the other guy and saying "I'd take a shot from 5 feet" is allowing people of the same mindset to think it's acceptable.

Blay wrote: »
    Right..shooting someone in the head from 5 feet is ridiculous and overly aggressive. Why couldn't he shoot the guy in the vest if he was only 5 feet away? What he did was a concious decision to hurt the other guy and saying "I'd take a shot from 5 feet" is allowing people of the same mindset to think it's acceptable.

he did post that the other fella had a sheild, maybe all he could see was his head. i said i would rather take a shot from 5 foot away than a bang kill, i hate the whole concept of a bang kill plus its not like getting shot with a aeg from 5 feet away leaves anything other than a slight bruse. i have never taken a bang kill i will never take a bang kill or will i offer one. a single or double tap to the centre mass is worst i'll give. as long as im not getting hosed from point blank range i dont mind taking hits.

• Advertisement

he did post that the other fella had a sheild, maybe all he could see was his head

He said the guy didn't see him standing on a chair, so unless the guy was woefully short sighted to not see someone from 5 feet, he was behind him and so he could have taken a shot to his back or vest, no need for a head shot.
    a single or double tap to the centre mass is worst i'll give

I don't think anybody has a problem with the centre mass shots or someone not taking or giving bang kills but not offering them is not an excuse to shoot someone from 5 feet in the head when another shot is available, that's just blatant intent to hurt.

Advertisement