Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I tried booking a hotel with 1800hotels.ie at lunchtime today and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get in.
    Now makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 noonespecial

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I tried booking a hotel with 1800hotels.ie at lunchtime today and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get in.
    Now makes sense.

1800hotels.ie has been shut down at the servers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SuperFrankyL

has anyone got through to hotelbeds??
    i just contacted my hotel in tenerife and they have no record of our booking and said its through hotelbeds that has our money and our booking information...

has anyone got through to hotelbeds??
    i just contacted my hotel in tenerife and they have no record of our booking and said its through hotelbeds that has our money and our booking information...

HotelBeds are a funny company they have offices in each destination country and you have to contact the office in the country where you booking is made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 homerdog

The demise of 1800 Hotels is another example of the 'double standards' in the Irish Travel Trade.

Dozens of these hotel brokers sprung up during the boom years without any regulation, bonding or licencing. Many of them have gone the way of 1800 Hotels leaving many disgruntled customers many of whom have paid in full only to find the bookings were cancelled because that money never reached the hotel.

Whats the answer ?. Book through a travel agent. They have to be licenced and are bonded, so any money paid is protected, And because TA's are impartial, they source hotels from many different suppliers .

Don't always believe that internet bookings are always cheaper. Whats the good of that if your money is gone up the Swanee ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sunrise13

Newbee09 wrote: »
    we have booked a holiday for my mums 60th in august. The voucher says payable through TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO ? Anyone know who these are?

This is Hotelbeds, it's one of their local handling agents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 new2it

I booked my hotel with 1800 hotels when I got in touch with the hotel this morning, they told me that my reservation was still there and that it had been pre-paid. However, something made me continue to check it out and when I got in touch with GTA, they informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. When I emailled the hotel again, they told me that when they checked against GTA, they then saw that it had been cancelled. I'd advise anyone not to take the word of your hotel if you have been in contact with then, that to get in touch with the agent who it had been made payable to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

It sucks to see them go, been using them for years. Thankfully I booked our holiday via booking.com so I didn't have an "eh wtf" moment when we landed in malta a wee while back.

Hopefully the court case in the US will block their providers from canceling bookings and a lot of you will be ok. Then a rescue package can be mounted.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

new2it wrote: »
    I booked my hotel with 1800 hotels when I got in touch with the hotel this morning, they told me that my reservation was still there and that it had been pre-paid. However, something made me continue to check it out and when I got in touch with GTA, they informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. When I emailled the hotel again, they told me that when they checked against GTA, they then saw that it had been cancelled. I'd advise anyone not to take the word of your hotel if you have been in contact with then, that to get in touch with the agent who it had been made payable to

How do you contact GTA? Do they have an email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

yes i can access it but i'm not in Ireland, they have blocked Irish IP addresses which is why if you use an annonymiser it will work

Can access 1800hotels.com from Ireland (Vodafone)

But 1800hotels.ie is unavailable (as per noonespecial comment re servers being shutdown)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The 1800hotels Facebook page has been removed. It was working until a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Does anyone have the number for GTA?
    Looking on their site (at least I think its their site), the europe toll free number doesnt seem to work for me:
    http://www.gtahotels.com/memberlogin.php?reqpage=1

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Well I heard from my hotel, the booking was cancelled by the company (mine was for next november so never really had a chance).

At least it means I now have all my paperwork in order for the cc company to try and sort out a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Can anyone find a number/email for hotelbeds spain? Cant find any contact info for them and my bookings through them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dumplander

giveth wrote: »
    Looking on their site (at least I think its their site), the europe toll free number doesnt seem to work for me:

Thanks

I got this contact number from my hotel who had been in touch with GTA. I haven't rung it myself but here it is - 0044-20-7716-2400

giveth wrote: »

Thanks

that's because that's not the correct site

http://www.gta-travel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Does anyone have a contact for Tourico? I've been searching their website to no avail. Seems to only have business contacts.
    my booking printout from 1800hotels.ie says "payment through Tourico" 2 triple rooms at a new york hotel next Oct,...can't find a phone No for Tourico but have emailed the hotel with booking confirmation No,...awaiting a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blaithin29

Did anyone manage to make contact with Travco? I have a hotel booking for later in the month. Rang the hotel and they confirmed the booking. However they said to contact Travco as regards payment. I'm just wondering when the hotel receives payment from Travco...is it before, during or after the stay??? I'm thinking that if the booking still stands, then Travco mustn't have cancelled it and that they have received payment from 1800hotels???? Unless Travco can still cancel it. It's all very uncertain...

lensman wrote: »
    my booking printout from 1800hotels.ie says "payment through Tourico" 2 triple rooms at a new york hotel next Oct,...can't find a phone No for Tourico but have emailed the hotel with booking confirmation No,...awaiting a reply.

I emailed my hotel and they've confirmed my booking has been cancelled. My payment for it was also to go through Tourico.

Someone earlier gave these three email address for them (I can't remember who, apologies):
    info@touricoholidays.com
    fit@touricoholidays.com
    salesdept@touricoholidays.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aoifemangan

my booking was through tourico and i got through to them in the US, they have said they cancelled all 1800 bookings last week, and the only thing to do is to contact 1800directly. little chance of getting anything from them. I had three booking for the same holiday all paid for with 1800, rang the 3 hotels today, one had no record, one had my booking but it wwas cancelled on the 7th July and the third hotel assured me that my booking was still there and paid for.
    After talking to the man in tourico i rang back the third hotel and they said the booking was still there but that mayb they just hadnt received the order to cancel it yet.
    The hotels cannot let me keep the reservations because they are with tourico or 1800 and i am a third party. So I must rebook all my accomodation.
    It cost 1800 euro to book all of it 3 months ago, just repriced it and it is now 2500 for the same, so our accomodation will now cost over 4000- probably will have to cancel the whole thing. im gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

Does anyone know when the hotel usually receive the payment from the 2nd party i.e. You Travel in our case? Is it long before arrival or after as I have read somewhere? We are due to travel Saturday week, I have called the hotel twice and they have the booking but no payment! As it hasn't been cancelled by You Travel yet I'm hoping they have the money! I can't get through to them now as they as closed for the day but I have emailed and am going to call first thing!
    What a mess this is for everyone, we booked last January and only for Liveline today we would have gone to be told there was either no booking or it needed to be paid for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aoifemangan

i got through to them today on the phone and they have cancelled all our bookings. they never got paid

dids6457 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the hotel usually receive the payment from the 2nd party i.e. You Travel in our case? Is it long before arrival or after as I have read somewhere? We are due to travel Saturday week, I have called the hotel twice and they have the booking but no payment! As it hasn't been cancelled by You Travel yet I'm hoping they have the money! I can't get through to them now as they as closed for the day but I have emailed and am going to call first thing!
    What a mess this is for everyone, we booked last January and only for Liveline today we would have gone to be told there was either no booking or it needed to be paid for!

See below quote:
    Xraylady wrote:
    Just spoke to YouTravel (in Athens) they say that 1800 have paid up until end of month, so any bookings would be ok until then. (again, "dont worry!") If any problem they will let us know. Waiting for more info from 1800. Problem is, our booking runs into Aug (2nd) so STILL no wiser really.

so it looks like you could be okay, still best to ring and check your own booking personally though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 new2it

I got the number for GTA on http://www.gta-travel.com/

I know you have to ring the office in the city where your hotel has been booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Could you let us know please if you hear anything from Youtravel tomorrow? I'm in same boat. Hotel say booking is there and seems secure but really its all down to youtravel.. I phoned youtravel earlier but they could only say that "Should" they be cancelling, they will let me know. I really would like to know either way for sure. Thanks..

See below quote:

so it looks like you could be okay, still best to ring and check your own booking personally though.

Thanks a million. Don't want to take anything for granted so going to call everyone in the morning! I gather if you travel have received the money then we are ok otherwise we will have to pay again :(.
    To any of us who do have to pay again I know credit card companies are good like this, my boyfriend had a problem with tickets for soccer before and he was refunded the money very quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meteor27

I booked part of our honeymoon last night, it took me nearly 2 days to get website to have prices on it, so when it seemed back to normal last night, we booked it straight away. I rang mbna my cc company and they advised me to ring back 2mro. I seem to be under Mark International Travel, has anyone else tried to contact them?

xraylady wrote: »
    Could you let us know please if you hear anything from Youtravel tomorrow? I'm in same boat. Hotel say booking is there and seems secure but really its all down to youtravel.. I phoned youtravel earlier but they could only say that "Should" they be cancelling, they will let me know. I really would like to know either way for sure. Thanks..

No problem. I couldn't get through to them as I was too late this evening. Were they able to tell you that they received the money and would be paying the hotel? If they have received the money e will be ok.

OH I really think the joke is on us.

Sent an email to info@1800hotels.ie just there to ask for refund (need to attempt contact them for CC chargeback) - an auto reply email arrived 2 minutes later from 1800hotels. The subject line? 'Want to cancel? Now you can, online!'

Ironic or what?

• Advertisement

these kind of things normally are set up so the client e.g. 1800hotels would have to settle the booking X number of days before check in. which means if you booked in Jan last year they still don't have to pay the supplier until its X number of days before your booking.

Advertisement