Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 I Promised

lets do it!
    Massive party (we wish) planned for the wed of second exam week...3rd year psych will be finished exams so celebrations in order :D

If we make it Friday then we'll all be finished and ready to celebrate!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

has anyone seen the inside of the new building yet? looks impressive from the outside.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

has anyone seen the inside of the new building yet? looks impressive from the outside.

My mother was part of a group of staff who got a full guided tour of the new building during the week. By her account, it's just as impressive inside as it is outside. The new auditorium/lecture hall is meant to be fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

I Promised wrote: »
    If we make it Friday then we'll all be finished and ready to celebrate!

i second that!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Probably leaving Limerick on Wednesday - lots to do back home! Enjoy the Emerless meet up... have a drink in my honour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You know that Hollie girl that is on that Fame show. Is she a student in Mary I? Reason I am asking is because over in the Limerick forum there is a thread about her. Billy The Squid (The Mod there) is having another one of his over the top reactions to some text messages. :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, she is in Mary I.

My mother was part of a group of staff who got a full guided tour of the new building during the week. By her account, it's just as impressive inside as it is outside. The new auditorium/lecture hall is meant to be fabulous.

Good stuff - any word on a new cafe???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RonMexico wrote: »
    Good stuff - any word on a new cafe???

I'll see what I can find out and report back in here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

It's been a while since I was on here, but best of luck to everyone that is doing exams this week and next week...;)

• Advertisement

and i love exam lady, she's really funny!! though that talking for the last minute melarky does do my head in!

"Today I would like to congratulate you all on being ready to start the exam before the invigilators are ready"

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Congrats to everyone who finished exams/teaching practice; particularly the final year students who are more or less qualified!

Roll on September when the Tara building will be open for business :D

Hope the exams went well for everybody. Enjoy the summer!

RonMexico wrote: »
    Hope the exams went well for everybody. Enjoy the summer!

Ditto! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

When are results out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Results are out Monday 21st.

More info re appeals, viewing scripts etc. here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

dambarude wrote: »
    More info re appeals, viewing scripts etc. here.

Thanks for that, would've taken me ages to find it. :)

Stupid results site never stops crashing! :mad:

I had to refresh about 30 times... you'll get there eventually.
    And hopefully it will be worth the wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Telling me service temporarily unavailable :(

• Advertisement

They've changed the way you get to your results in the past 2/3 hours. When you go to www.si.ul.ie you have to click on the link on the bottom left, and use your LAN password instead of the usual exam results one. The system must have been fairly messed up if they had to go changing it like that.

I hope everybody is happy with their results (if you're not all dead... it's been very quiet here lately!).

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Hope ye all got on well : )

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sugajay

Hi all,

I've accepted a place on the BA course for this September. I'm a mature student (26) and hope to study English and Geography to degree level. Anyone have any information on these subjects? Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Secondhanddress

Didn't study Geography but English in first year I personally didn't enjoy, not because of the course content, but the lecturers. In the first semester you cover poetry with John McDonagh(who is some legend) and a comparison between Ross O' Carroll Kelly-Should Have Got Off At Sydney Parade and James Joyce's Portrait Of An Artist As A Young Man. Second Semester you cover the poetry of Seamus Heaney and James Joyce's Dubliners. But never fear, you have a year to decide if English is for you!
    What other subjects do you have in mind? Make sure you call into Wired (the on campus student station) and volunteer..I'll be working there!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Hi Guys, first of all hope you all did really well in the exams.

Just wondered if anyone knows if the first year timetable changes much each year. I'm starting the Liberal Arts in September and have seen the timetable for last years first year.
    I have to arrange childcare, I'm a mature student, and wondered if anyone knows if there is much difference year to year?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Hi Guys, first of all hope you all did really well in the exams.

Just wondered if anyone knows if the first year timetable changes much each year. I'm starting the Liberal Arts in September and have seen the timetable for last years first year.
    I have to arrange childcare, I'm a mature student, and wondered if anyone knows if there is much difference year to year?
    In a word, no, none of the years vary much when it comes to Liberal Arts., best of luck in you studies, went back as a mature student as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What's the new building just finished by the library, does anyone know?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's an absolutely awesome new building with lecture halls, workshop rooms and shops and stuff. It makes the place feel like an actual college, tis crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's an absolutely awesome new building with lecture halls, workshop rooms and shops and stuff. It makes the place feel like an actual college, tis crazy!

D4RK ONION, our paths, it seems, meet once again...

Advertisement