Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

i like that the new prez and vice celebrated their win in bakers.... perhaps things may be looking up for mary i!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i like that the new prez and vice celebrated their win in bakers.... perhaps things may be looking up for mary i!

People should have told me there was something on in Bakers! Gah. Another missed night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Miracle Bell are in Baker's next Thursday night... That plus free Costello's sounds like a good way to round up the semester before exams!

More to add to the Thursday schedule:

The music ped op's performances in the chapel at 6pm (what I've heard sounds good!) and Scott's, after, for general post-ped op farewell debauchery

Also, exam timetables for those who're not in 2nd year should be up in the next day or two!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll be there :D

Also, RonMexico is a legend.

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

SOS: Can somebody (ANYBODY!) PLEASE come to Tailteann tomorrow and take the microphone from that old witch before I strangle her with it!!!!!!

Also, if you lost your Fatima medal she has it

Oh, the lady who says "You must put your pens down in one minute" and continues to talk for the entire minute in which you're trying concentrate on blocking her out and squeezing out the last few golden nuggets of wisdom from your brain

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Oh, the lady who says "You must put your pens down in one minute" and continues to talk for the entire minute in which you're trying concentrate on blocking her out and squeezing out the last few golden nuggets of wisdom from your brain

Yeah that's her on a good day. She's usually a bit more um,.......... spirited shall we say!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

SOS: Can somebody (ANYBODY!) PLEASE come to Tailteann tomorrow and take the microphone from that old witch before I strangle her with it!!!!!!

Also, if you lost your Fatima medal she has it

I like her! She made some pretty funny comments during exams at Christmas. She seems very witty. She is terribly formal though.

I love how they say that you should be really quite so as not to interrupt the students still in the hall. And then they bang on for ages about which paper will be collected first, then second, then third, and once again how very important it is that you leave quietly!

dambarude wrote: »
    I like her! She made some pretty funny comments during exams at Christmas.

Funny/Batsh1t crazy -same thing! :)
    You would actually have to laugh at the old dear though -I mean, where else would ya hear the likes of announcing a missing Fatima miraculous medal before an exam?! Sometimes I wonder if we're all in an episode of Fr Ted in that place!!

• Advertisement

Welcome to the Mary I thread :)

That woman is a legend! I'm getting a photo with her on my last day.

/stalks MissHoneyBun's boards history to try figure out who she is

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Welcome to the Mary I thread :)

That woman is a legend! I'm getting a photo with her on my last day.

/stalks MissHoneyBun's boards history to try figure out who she is

Yikes got a bit trigger happy with the old thanks button before I saw that last bit! Just to clarify: MissHoneyBun does not endorse stalkers.
    Tbh I don't think there is a last day, we're confined to a life of developing fluency and using puipéidí foreverrrrrrrrr...! !

Ah, stalking is great fun! So, here's the profile I have from a brief 10 minutes of reading :D

You are a girl (no, stay with me!)
    You enjoy telling people what to do giving people advice :P
    You are a second year B.Ed
    You consider yourself slightly alternative (despite liking that awful telephone song :P)
    You are very passionate about rugby.
    You enjoy a glass of merlot while watching the late late show on a Friday evening. ;)
    You are fairly familiar with the internet, internet slang and internet forums

And here's something you could put on a list about me!

"Clearly has a very long essay to do and is looking for anyway to distract himself"

Ah, stalking is great fun! So, here's the profile I have from a brief 10 minutes of reading :D

You are a girl (no, stay with me!)
    You enjoy telling people what to do giving people advice :P
    You are a second year B.Ed
    You consider yourself slightly alternative (despite liking that awful telephone song :P)
    You are very passionate about rugby.
    You enjoy a glass of merlot while watching the late late show on a Friday evening. ;)
    You are fairly familiar with the internet, internet slang and internet forums

And here's something you could put on a list about me!

"Clearly has a very long essay to do and is looking for anyway to distract himself"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ohhh you didn't...
    That is one mortifyingly embarrassing list. I knew I had a reason to stay out of here. You're dead for that <sigh>
    I'm guessing you work part-time for the FBI too then?

Ah no, don't leave us, nerdy girls FTW! :D

I'm that sadcase who kept dragging rock band into the college this semester, in case you're wondering :)

Ah no, don't leave us, nerdy girls FTW! :D

I'm that sadcase who kept dragging rock band into the college this semester, in case you're wondering :)

Now I'm a NERD lol?! Look, a couple of episodes of the Late Late does not a nerd make ok. And yeah I was wondering but that doesn't shed much light I'm afraid -being a nerd, I wouldn't know about the cool movements of rock band types! So far all I have is that you belong to that rare species -a guy B.Ed?!

I had a thing set up on clubs&socs day this semester \o/

And to be clear, I consider "nerd" a compliment of the highest order :D

Yeah, I'm a Final year B.Ed. Tomorrow is my last day of lectures!

I had a thing set up on clubs&socs day this semester \o/

And to be clear, I consider "nerd" a compliment of the highest order :D

Yeah, I'm a Final year B.Ed. Tomorrow is my last day of lectures!

Wow, that must feel good! Bet you can't wait :)
    I've done some stalking of my own now (MISU Clubs and Socs pics) and I can't see any rocker musician types... Were you hiding from the camera that day?

The website is out of date, and my soc didn't really get off the ground. There's pictures of me in this thread :)

I'll have to suss those out whenever I don't have an exam in 7 hours time -remind me again what I'm doing here?! :( Enjoy the last lectures, oiche mhaith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Shameless advertising (feel free to delete)

Vote Niamh & Denis for Welfare and Equality Officers in the by-election on Wednesday (of week12)

I will have our Manifesto and all that good stuff up later!

Also d4rk, I may ask for your help making a suitable class poster...

Fair play to the ped op people for putting on such great displays of drama, music , art (and PE!)! There's a lot of talent leaving this college!

So peeved that I missed that. :(

i havn't been on here in aaages! and really wasn't expecting there to have been this much activity!

congrats to ciarraioch, though i take exception to the way in which i was told the results :p

and i love exam lady, she's really funny!! though that talking for the last minute melarky does do my head in!

i propose a nice distracting boardsie meet up soon, who's with me?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i propose a nice distracting boardsie meet up soon, who's with me?

Sounds like a plan, I'm up for it!

sounds like a plan!!
    congrats to ciarraioch

Thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 I Promised

I have been actively not studying for the last few days in accordance with tradition and instead have been looking at jobs that will get me out of Ireland for a while. So far the most promising jobs are grape picking in France or being a disney character for the parades in Disneyland Paris! What do ye think?

This is a far more productive study week than I usually have. It definitely tops a week doing facebook quizzes!

P.S. I hate that exam lady, she totally wrecks my head. I can never concentrate when she's talking. The room doesn't help either it's always either way too hot or cold!

now that i have proposed the idea of a meet-up, i cuningly leave it to someone else to organise :D

I Promised, that is a really hella annoying decision!! see you could get bored of both...... hmmmm...disney character??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 I Promised

I didn't see your suggestion until after I had made mine so you were just lazy and I was doing it properly!
    Ya I think disneyland sounds more exciting! How many people can say they worked in disneyland compared to the amount that can saw they have picked fruit off a tree/bush?!

• Advertisement

lets do it!
    Massive party (we wish) planned for the wed of second exam week...3rd year psych will be finished exams so celebrations in order :D

Advertisement