Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

DSCN2683.jpg
    DSCN2682.jpg
    DSCN2679.jpg
    DSCN2678.jpg
    DSCN2677.jpg
    DSCN2674.jpg
    DSCN2673.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Some great pics there.

Good on ya for taking the time to put them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Slidey wrote: »
    Some great pics there.

Good on ya for taking the time to put them up.

No bother, there was a great turnout for the day and great weather for it too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

More classics meet their maker...:(

Next time one of these gigs are on will you tell us so we can go!

h3000 wrote: »
    No bother, there was a great turnout for the day and great weather for it too.

Great pics, well done!

Good few cars there I've seen before. That blue Celica is savage and has a V8 dropped in to it IIRC. The burgundy T/A was for sale for about a year in Monaghans Galway for 25k!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Took this at the Breffni Memorial Run yesterday:

D27CAC56300346E78D49A2D66EACFAD6-800.jpg

There's 134 more here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Next time one of these gigs are on will you tell us so we can go!
    That was in Mildenhall,i wasnt there though. Think Nutts corner are doing a Herses and Limo meet soon. Theres stuff in Rosegreen too,but mainly Mondeos and the like. Theres Pre '70, Pre '75 and pre '68 Meets in england every year in various tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Took this at the Breffni Memorial Run yesterday:

D27CAC56300346E78D49A2D66EACFAD6-800.jpg

There's 134 more here :D

This reminds the Irish made Swan car that scatters peasants with jets of steam?

82560E3473F445F2A1FAAB1E14D2BDDC-500.jpg

shagman wrote: »
    This reminds the Irish made Swan car that scatters peasants with jets of steam?

82560E3473F445F2A1FAAB1E14D2BDDC-500.jpg
    Haha, never heard of the like, care to elaborate ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

Cian who owns the red ta22 celica in your pics, any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Haha, never heard of the like, care to elaborate ?? :D

Sorry not Irish built, I think I must have mixed it up with The Shamrock as both feature in a book I have on wacky/crappy cars.

http://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/asp/appmain.asp?appactie=collectiedetail&taalcd=en&collsq=5395

05354.jpg

05354-01.jpg

05354-02.jpg

05354-03.jpg

05354-04.jpg

1910 | Brooke
    25/30-HP SWAN CAR

Perhaps the most extraordinary car ever to take to the road, the 1910 Brooke Swan Car was the brainchild of Robert Nicholl “Scotty” Matthewson, a wealthy and eccentric resident of Calcutta, then the capital of British India. Determined to eclipse the extravagant automobiles of the local potentates, Matthewson - “a millionaire many times over” - travelled to England in 1909 to commission J.W. Brooke & Company of Lowestoft, Suffolk to build him a car in the shape of a swan. The car reputedly cost the fantastic sum of £10-15,000 - as much as six new Rolls-Royce Silver Ghosts! Its body was hand-carved from wood and patched with plaster by a master craftsman to create the effect of feathers. Electric bulbs made the swan’s amber eyes glow eerily in the dark. The rear part of Scotty’s car was decorated with a carved pattern of lotus plants and fishes picked out in gold and silver leaf. It incorporated many curious gadgets calculated to annoy and exasperate other road users, like a multi-note Gabriel Horn - a sort of pipe organ driven from the exhaust - with a keyboard in the rear of the car to enable Scotty to play chords and bugle calls. An outlet in the swan’s beak sprayed scalding water in a wide arc to clear a passage through the City’s crowded streets. A dump valve inside the car dropped splats of whitewash onto the road from the Swan’s rear end “just to make it more lifelike”. Rediscovered many years later in its poor but original condition and its cloth-of-gold upholstery eaten by rats, the Swan Car has undergone a complete rebuild since it came into the ownership of the Louwman Collection in 1991. Once again, all of Scotty Matthewson’s practical jokes - the multi-note Gabriel Horn, the hot-water squirt, the whitewash dropper - are in working order! Following its restoration, in 1993 the Swan Car was awarded the Montagu Prize at Pebble Beach, America’s top Concours d’Elegance.

Let the battle commence, snake versus swan...

82560E3473F445F2A1FAAB1E14D2BDDC-500.jpg05354-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Two from today, ongoing projects

spots002.jpg

R5 GT Turbo

charadegtti.jpg

but heres the real oddball, factory built Charade Gtti convertible, 1 of only 2 built?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

ive seen a few of them on the interweb before, surely more than 2 made!

Cian who owns the red ta22 celica in your pics, any idea?
    According to the entry list, it belongs to a T J Doyle from Athlone, Co. Westmeath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Argesean

Really nice pics.The mods on this good Capri are a good example of what not to do to your car thoughDSCN2759.jpg

DSCN2756.jpg
    DSCN2755.jpg
    DSCN2753.jpg
    DSCN2752.jpg
    DSCN2751.jpg
    DSCN2750.jpg
    DSCN2748.jpg
    DSCN2746.jpg[/QUOTE]

That was in Mildenhall,i wasnt there though. Think Nutts corner are doing a Herses and Limo meet soon. Theres stuff in Rosegreen too,but mainly Mondeos and the like. Theres Pre '70, Pre '75 and pre '68 Meets in england every year in various tracks.

I wont be going to the UK / North but would take the trip to Tip next time it's on. Be sure to start a thread on it and we might get a few to go down!

Took this pic in Kells about a month ago. The car is spotless, but the mobile pics don't do it justice...

Image0195.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Blue850 wrote: »

charadegtti.jpg

but heres the real oddball, factory built Charade Gtti convertible, 1 of only 2 built?

we're in the name of the crying babie jesus did you ge that ?!

i have seen some rare cars but that takes the biscuit!

seen a tidy 1.0 turbo the other day for 1600 on the web needing only " minor "

sickened i didn't go for it.

anyways, tidy motor keep us up-to-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Its not mine, it and the R5 belong to two lads near where I work, they haven't been on the road in 3 or 4 years

This also is a mint Renault. It was at the Kells indoors classsic show a few months ago.It said it was restored by Roddick repairs I believe- they did an amazing job

Image0027.jpg

Image0026.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

is that the r12 that was in a feature on an irish vintage mag , is it automatic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

kasper wrote: »
    is that the r12 that was in a feature on an irish vintage mag , is it automatic ?
    Thats her,lovely car,must be the best left?

Thats her,lovely car,must be the best left?

Yes, lovely car and amazing paint job. I posted the R18 picture as well- sorry for the quality, but if anyone else knows that car is just as well looking as the R12. There is a guy in Kells with a few cool classics including a '69 Lamborghini, but couldn't get any pics yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Pdfile wrote: »

Shakespeare, look out ,pd files about!
    Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

Pdfile wrote: »

i have seen some rare cars but that takes the biscuit!

seen a tidy 1.0 turbo the other day for 1600 on the web needing only " minor "

sickened i didn't go for it.

anyways, tidy motor keep us up-to-date.

Nice though i hope your never in a hurry to get parts for it if it 1 of only 2 built

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

I saw this 84 Quattro in Athlone this afternoon

5484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

A few bits and pieces from this weekend.

MGB Roadster
    mgb2707dp.jpg

MG TD
    mgtd.jpg

Citroen DS
    Image0153.jpg

absolutely mint Austin Seven
    P1020095.jpg
    P1020096.jpg
    P1020097.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    check out the onboard footage of the great Walter Rohrl driving a quattro.

Something else — pure perfection!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    the great Walter Rohrl driving a quattro.

He's also always good for a quote :D
    Im Prinzip bist Du bei dem Auto mit dem Denken schon zu langsam
    Basically, if you're thinking, you're already too slow for this car (about the Audi quattro S1)
    Die wirklich guten Fahrer haben die Fliegen auf den Seitenscheiben
    Really good drivers have the flies on the side windows
    Autofahren beginnt für mich dort, wo ich den Wagen mit dem Gaspedal
    statt dem Lenkrad steuere. Alles andere heißt nur die Arbeit machen.
    For me, driving starts where I steer the car with the accelerator instead of the steering wheel ...anything else is just labour
    Beschleunigung ist, wenn die Tränen der Ergriffenheit
    waagrecht zum Ohr hin abfliessen

Acceleration is ...when your deeply emotional tears run off horizontally towards the ears
    Wennst den Baum siehst, in den du rein fährst, hast untersteuern.
    Wennst ihn nur hörst, hast übersteuern
    If you can see the tree that your just hitting, then you've got understeer. If you only hear it, then it's oversteer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

It was great to see some many Classic and Vintage cars out for such a good cause even with the weather as it was.
    Here are a few photos and and a short video clip from the day once it has uploaded on youtube.
    Kilpeddercharityrun100.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun101.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun11.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun12.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun14.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun22.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun20.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun34.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun24.jpg
    Kilpeddercharityrun59.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement