Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

cadillac.jpg
    f850.jpg
    850b.jpg
    alfsf.jpg
    alfab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

tc20 wrote: »
    +1
    the 2nd photo in particular.

The curved front reg plate is very cool indeed.

off on a tangent i watched "Mesrine" at the weekend, (its out on dvd) film based on the life of Jacques Mesrine, a french career criminal, who rose to fame or notoriety in the early 60s and lived til the late 70s. R16s seemed to be a favoured means of escape for bank robbers of the day. Great film, great story, and well worth it for the amount of classic spotting

Snap ! Watched both parts about 3 weeks back and noticed that the R16 was very much favoured - great to see so many lovely old French motors in that movie.

PanhardPL wrote: »
    These plates are still available in France.
    vg5wk8.jpg Panhard PL17 curved front plate.

That particular example is not a genuine French plate - not sure what plates can be made up by motor factors or garages nowadays in France what with the move to a national system purely black-on-white etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Get your facts right before you make such a comment. These plates were made in France especially to fit into the Panhard PL front bumper and a slightly curved one on the rear. The plates are French made for an Irish registered vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Get your facts right before you make such a comment. These plates were made in France especially to fit into the Panhard PL front bumper and a slightly curved one on the rear. The plates are French made for an Irish registered vehicle.

I dont know exactly what jrar meant but that plate is not any possible french reg.

If it was 63 TS 50 it could be.

if it was 500 TS 63 it could be.

Anyhow Panhard(lovely car) I expect you mean it was fabricated in france.

on a ramble 63 TS 50 could be Irish, French,Dutch,or Portugese.

Regards ,Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Yes the plates were made up in France with raised silver digits.
    The registration number is Irish and the car was featured in an article on Irish Vintage Scene Magazine back in March/April of 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

The plates are French made for an Irish registered vehicle.

Where's the confusion???

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Redrocket wrote: »
    Where's the confusion???

Confusion ala "Scottish smoked salmon" or "smoked Scottish salmon"... if you get my drift.

Are they French Irish plates or Irish French plates ...:D

No need for a personal attack - the emboldened part above was not immediate clear from your previous posts. In the absence of this key piece of data, I was making the point that the example shown was not a French registration, as distinct from being a plate made in France for an Irish-registered Panhard

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Dades wrote: »
    Didn't notice, but will check if the car is there when I pass by next. :)
    hi dades

if you could maybe pm me the garage maybe i would take a drive past !!

cheers
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Peugeot 403
    28476252.jpg
    76857833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Unfortunately the atrocious rain held off most of the clubs cars today. But a few of us showed up at the Clontarf Parish Fete. There was another 450SL that just left before this photo.

P1050056.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Spotted recently near Snowdon...

4697210986_a73050f927.jpg

On Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Lauder wrote: »
    Unfortunately the atrocious rain held off most of the clubs cars today. But a few of us showed up at the Clontarf Parish Fete. There was another 450SL that just left before this photo.

P1050056.jpg

obnoxious parking as they would say in another section....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TRNIALL

okistag wrote: »
    hi dades

cheers
    J
    Steady on Jack,its only a 6:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

corktina wrote: »
    obnoxious parking as they would say in another section....:D

LOL @ Corktina

TRNIALL wrote: »
    Steady on Jack,its only a 6:cool:

Ah now Niall, :) very curious if its a yellow one I know, one that was for sale on peters road a few years back. See you should of never let me drive your beauty of a 6, that bug never dies, ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHaWcc8t_Xs

Here are a few photos of what I saw on my way to Mosney, a nice group of Toyota's as well for yee fans.

f77edbdc.jpg
    93f510c3.jpg
    4b0d96ba.jpg
    f6afb13a.jpg
    d77400e5.jpg
    40a85cf9.jpg
    b69627b2.jpg
    b716db52.jpg
    540531ad.jpg
    daec62b7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Slidey wrote: »
    Fixed your link...
    many thanks Slidey

how do you add a you tube link ?

cheers
    J:rolleyes:
    8d57f3e3.jpg
    db751087.jpg
    04e1ca97.jpg
    99351d9a.jpg
    7924430b.jpg
    3a7d94c2.jpg
    56787799.jpg
    c3bdc6e4.jpg
    3a1fe137.jpg

• Advertisement

9c81ffac.jpg
    b4830c5b.jpg
    edc1c4a1.jpg
    f70caaee.jpg
    9b43b1f0.jpg
    ec833da8.jpg
    6e7166d4.jpg
    c8cb5f5f.jpg
    4b643f81.jpg
    944a4582.jpg

fed43f16.jpg
    4638a2f7.jpg
    099b6876.jpg
    90e0e7cf.jpg
    ed7900e3.jpg
    e05a1f57.jpg
    5e529d49.jpg

Over all a good day with a super turn out, if i am not mistaken i would say more cars than before, pity about the rain later in the day though but organised really well. Well done guys

and that is all folks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Love the MK1 Golf.

just put the letters after the v= in the youtube url between [noparse][/noparse]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

hi dades

cheers
    J
    Great Mosney pics, okistag. :)

In return I'll save ya the trouble of a trip to Blackrock!
    Taken yesterday evening outside PK Motors:

photo5_1.jpg

photo5_2.jpg

Dades wrote: »
    Great Mosney pics, okistag. :)

In return I'll save ya the trouble of a trip to Blackrock!
    Taken yesterday evening outside PK Motors:

Cheers Dades
    Not the one i thought it might of been.

Many thanks
    J

Assuming the bearded one is Okistag, it is far more informative than when we saw just the hand of the creature inside a Dalek all those years ago. Information overload!

purely on a hair spliting note, 6 cylinder spitfire?

Regards ,Rugbyman

Slidey wrote: »
    Love the MK1 Golf.

just put the letters after the v= in the youtube url between [noparse][/noparse]

Okay Slidey

Going to try this now, the video from inside the Spit on the camera doesnt sound like it at all more like a video game. but here is a clip of the sound from the rear with out the wind noise if my link works.

rugbyman wrote: »
    Assuming the bearded one is Okistag, it is far more informative than when we saw just the hand of the creature inside a Dalek all those years ago. Information overload!

purely on a hair spliting note, 6 cylinder spitfire?

Regards ,Rugbyman

Hi Rugbyman,

Sorry dont get the information over load part !
    I had a beard but shaved on friday.
    Yes the Spitfire is a 2.5, 6 cylinder ex TR6 engine.

Hi Rugbyman,

Sorry dont get the information over load part !
    I had a beard but shaved on friday.
    Yes the Spitfire is a 2.5, 6 cylinder ex TR6 engine.

When i was young, before your stag was built, we watched Doctor Who. The daleks were the evil ones at that time . No one knew what or who was inside. the closest we got was to see a sort of a scaly hand.

So be it with Okisag, saw the Stag many times but no Okistag.

Finally sees a dude with a beard driving a spitfire to Mosney(Butlins in 60 s speak), hence Okistag in full view.
    However the mystery deepens, OKIs beard shaved off friday, pics taken Sunday, so the bearded one in thee pics is someone else.

I often wonder how odd I am , but a video of moving gauges accompanied by a changing exhaust note does it for me. I am not alone.

Regards, Rugbyman

• Advertisement

rugbyman wrote: »
    When i was young, before your stag was built, we watched Doctor Who. The daleks were the evil ones at that time . No one knew what or who was inside. the closest we got was to see a sort of a scaly hand.

So be it with Okisag, saw the Stag many times but no Okistag.

Finally sees a dude with a beard driving a spitfire to Mosney(Butlins in 60 s speak), hence Okistag in full view.
    However the mystery deepens, OKIs beard shaved off friday, pics taken Sunday, so the bearded one in thee pics is someone else.

I often wonder how odd I am , but a video of moving gauges accompanied by a changing exhaust note does it for me. I am not alone.

Regards, Rugbyman

Hi Rugbyman

:D I get ya now alright, yes I do remember the Dr Who, Really taking me back a while, unfortunatly I was also born long before my Stag:(
    I was in the passenger seat of the Spitfire, I am mostly behind the camera. It is funny some of us communicate on here and maybe chat at shows but really dont have a clue who we are !! its like having a 2nd life really...;)

all the best
    Jack

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement