Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Why anyone would want to sit for a rock concert is beyond me :confused:

Because their (my) knees are knackered! ;)

I think there was a pit at the Green Day gig in the O2 last year, not at AC/DC though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

peter1892 wrote: »
    I think there was a pit at the Green Day gig in the O2 last year, not at AC/DC though...

True on both counts, was also a pit for Muse. It seems more often than not there is a pit. I'm guessing there was none for ac/dc because of the way the stage was designed with the big runway but i could be wrong.
    Hopefully won't be one at this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Could have something to do with the number of tickets sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

grimm2005 wrote: »
    It seems more often than not there is a pit.

Oh yea? I guess I've been unlucky. When I've been there the stage is set back at left hand side with no pit. Except Cirque du Soleil which had a massive ring stage and chairs like an ampitheatre. No pit though, imagine moshing to the diablo performers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone hear Taking Dawn when they supported Airbourne last week.

If so were they good, bad etc.

What time will the kiss set be over does anyone know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I hope this goes ahead due to the volcanic ash ... if not, imagine the ****in irony of "The Hottest Band In the World" being scuppered by a volcano :mad:

RayCon wrote: »
    I hope this goes ahead due to the volcanic ash ... if not, imagine the ****in irony of "The Hottest Band In the World" being scuppered by a volcano :mad:

Crap, yeah, didn't think about that, although its nearly 3 weeks away, I imagine airspace will be back open by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Crap, yeah, didn't think about that, although its nearly 3 weeks away, I imagine airspace will be back open by then

Well if the airspace and the volcanic ash was still a problem this time next week I'd be a little worried - it could then become a logistics problem moving the gear around Europe........but I'd be confident at this stage it will all sort itself out....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

That gear will be shipped in, no worries about that. Are the band actually in Europe at the moment? Its ment to get better by next week.

kona wrote: »
    That gear will be shipped in, no worries about that. Are the band actually in Europe at the moment? Its ment to get better by next week.

Don't think so, doubt they'll hit Europe until just before the start of the UK dates......so there's still a fair bit of time to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

NIBBS wrote: »
    Don't think so, doubt they'll hit Europe until just before the start of the UK dates......so there's still a fair bit of time to go...

S.H.I.T Ill be devastated if this isnt a goer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Awh... Just recently got into KISS... What are my chances of getting a ticket? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone hear Taking Dawn when they supported Airbourne last week.

If so were they good, bad etc.

What time will the kiss set be over does anyone know.

Didn't see them but the band seemed to think it was a good gig!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/Taking-Dawn-Guitarist-Writes-In-From-Europe-We-Will-Probably-Lose-Our-Hearing-21228.aspx

Not really my cup of tea but I got the album a few weeks ago and it does grow on you. Decent old fashioned rock and roll - tongue in cheek stuff, should be perfect as support to Kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Awh... Just recently got into KISS... What are my chances of getting a ticket? :eek:

Broad to every...

12902s_a.gif

A Number of Seats will be gone for the gig. Just put this on so it can help people out.5116903766a12178085741o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always!) I think the seats will end at the barrier there in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always!) I think the seats will end at the barrier there in the photo.

yeah I think you are right, thats the way it was for Ac/Dc, Can't wait for it now although just found out I have to work on the 8th!!:mad:

5540976_Whitesnake-The-O2-6-09-GK-6.jpg

Heres a picture i got off of the whitesnake gig last year at the 02.

They seem to put up a new barrier when there is no lower seating.

The red section seems to be from the barrier up to the entrance doors and behind that is the green section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Advertisement

:D One of the best Shreds on Youtube ... up there with the "its the monstaaaahhhh" Iron Maiden one ... brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

SONIC BOOM is awesome...I have to go!
    i wont the best, i got the best - the hottest band in the world - KISS :)

[IMG]http://****/count/fcPpr/bg=Ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=0/labels=1.jpg[/IMG]

10 days :eek: .... Can't wait

RayCon wrote: »
    10 days :eek: .... Can't wait

wow......May has just creeped up there so fast......

let the summer of ROCK begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday Ace Frehley, happy birthday to you!!! Shame I won't get to see you next week and give you cake. 59 candles! :eek: Probably for the best, that's a fire hazard! :D

59 candles! :eek: Probably for the best, that's a fire hazard! :D

p'ah ... that's nothing man... this is The Hottest Band In The World we're talking about (alas no Ace :()

1 week to go ... :cool:

^:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'll be putting on Gene Simmons make up for the first time in my life next Friday!

Advertisement