Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭ tim_holsters

Will it be a sell out? There's still tickets available I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ Huawei Gallagher

I doubt if it will, I am surprised they are playing the Point, maybe they need a big stage for the show?
    I lived in the USA at the height of Kiss mania, (I even had the comic that was printed with their blood, prob. not such a good idea nowadays lol). I moved to Ireland and nobody I knew had even heard of them.
    Maybe people will go coz they know they put on a good show. But how many Irish people actually own (or have stolen) a Kiss record/cd/Mp3? Not a lot I suspect. Hope it doesnt kill the atmosphere if its half empty!
    I will be there though, although knowing now that Gene Simmons is some old Jewish guy spoils the magic a bit for me!:pac:Here is my pic, look out for me there lol.
    large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭ adox

I doubt if it will, I am surprised they are playing the Point, maybe they need a big stage for the show?
    I lived in the USA at the height of Kiss mania, (I even had the comic that was printed with their blood, prob. not such a good idea nowadays lol). I moved to Ireland and nobody I knew had even heard of them.
    Maybe people will go coz they know they put on a good show. But how many Irish people actually own (or have stolen) a Kiss record/cd/Mp3? Not a lot I suspect. Hope it doesnt kill the atmosphere if its half empty!
    I will be there though, although knowing now that Gene Simmons is some old Jewish guy spoils the magic a bit for me!:pac:Here is my pic, look out for me there lol.
    large.jpg

I think you'd be surprised how many Irish own their music, the majority of the attending crowd I'm sure. I bought my first Kiss album in the late 70s.

I may need to mug a Goth down at the Central Bank to get enough white makeup for my large head!;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Furious-Red

• Advertisement

I hear they are making a few changes to suit the Irish audience!

112530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭ PattheMetaller

adox wrote: »
    I think you'd be surprised how many Irish own their music, the majority of the attending crowd I'm sure. I bought my first Kiss album in the late 70s.

+1

I bought Destroyer back in 1980. Many out there will at least have a compilation or one of the Alive Albums.

Really getting a buzz now: gonna be a great show \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭ NIBBS

+1

I bought Destroyer back in 1980. Many out there will at least have a compilation or one of the Alive Albums.

Really getting a buzz now: gonna be a great show \m/

Let's see - just off the top of my head I've 10 albums on vinyl, pretty much the same on cassette and most of the rest of the Kiss albums on CD......been a fan since '79 and I'm definitely not the only fan I know......I don't think this will come close to a sell out but hoping for a good sized crowd......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭ jack presley

I'd be going if I wasn't going away that day. Pity, I'd have loved to have seen them live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ RayCon

Well Ive been waiting to see them live since I first got a copy of Alive II on double Red Vinyl about 1982 when I was 10yrs old ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭ NIBBS

RayCon wrote: »
    Well Ive been waiting to see them live since I first got a copy of Alive II on double Red Vinyl about 1982 when I was 10yrs old ...

We'll all have a ball dude :-)
    it's gonna be a great night out........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭ bazmaiden

NIBBS wrote: »
    We'll all have a ball dude :-)
    it's gonna be a great night out........

I really hope so and ya know what I hope that it isn't too packed cos it'll give more breathing space for everyone else.

Can't wait to hear God of Thunder

First night of the tour is tonight so set list should be online by tomorrow ... doubt I'll get to hear anything off The Elder ;) (honestly -- I love that album :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭ grimm2005

RayCon wrote: »
    First night of the tour is tonight so set list should be online by tomorrow ... doubt I'll get to hear anything off The Elder ;) (honestly -- I love that album :eek:)

it's up already: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2010/sheffield-arena-sheffield-england-bd4e9da.html

no complaints from me apart from the lack of strutter :(
    Still, crazy nights and god gave rock and roll are pleasant surprises

Just after watching detroit rock city which has hyped this up all the more for me now :D

No god of thunder??

Lack of Strutter disappoints me too but flurk it ... it's still a kick arse set list :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭ PattheMetaller

NIBBS wrote: »
    Let's see - just off the top of my head I've 10 albums on vinyl, pretty much the same on cassette and most of the rest of the Kiss albums on CD......been a fan since '79 and I'm definitely not the only fan I know......I don't think this will come close to a sell out but hoping for a good sized crowd......

Yip. Got all of them initially on either tape or vinyl, then within the last few years got them all again on CD.
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    it's up already: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2010/sheffield-arena-sheffield-england-bd4e9da.html

no complaints from me apart from the lack of strutter :(
    Still, crazy nights and god gave rock and roll are pleasant surprises

Just after watching detroit rock city which has hyped this up all the more for me now :D

A few ommissions alright, but looks like a great setlist. I was watching some youtube vids earlier and I can almost smell the pyrotechnics :D

Roll on Friday in Dublin Rock City :P

Yea cant wait till friday since it will also be last class in college for the year and what better way to celebrate then watch KISS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,054 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009

How come they never do Forever live

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭ silvervixen84

Would it be silly for a girl to wear Kiss facepaint on the night, I was seriously thinking about it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭ hynesie08

Would it be silly for a girl to wear Kiss facepaint on the night, I was seriously thinking about it......
    Not at all, There'll be a fair few people there in makeup male and female. just don't go as the drummer because nobody wants to be peter criss, not even peter criss.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭ silvervixen84

Thanks, I think i'm gonna go with Starchild so :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭ Catari Jaguar

Hahah!! I can't WAIT to dress up! I was Gene Simmons for Halloween. I felt bad ass in the make up and studs! Have a full black costume that I made too. :D

Thanks, I think i'm gonna go with Starchild so :D:D

My Mrs is going as Paul Stanley and I`m going as Gene. Make up and wigs at the ready!:D

Ah! I'm so excited! I've watched Detroit Rock City 3 times in past 2 months. Listening to Sonic Boom now, LOVE Modern Day Delilah! Did you read the interview in the Metro? The stage show sounds like it's going to be amazing! :D:D:D The set list is rockin'! *info: Gene spits blood and flies* :eek:This may be the best night of my life....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭ waltersobchak

Jesus lads i think im gonna be seriously under dressed now, compared to some of you with just my Kiss tshirt:o:pac:

Jesus lads i think im gonna be seriously under dressed now, compared to some of you with just my Kiss tshirt:o:pac:

Keeping it casual yeah? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭ waltersobchak

Keeping it casual yeah? :p

Yeah keeping it simple:pac:

Yea you wont be the only girl with make up. This a pic of the bass player from the Subways at Download 2008

08613_191501_subwaysdownload08PW_01.jpg

• Advertisement

Hahah!! I can't WAIT to dress up! I was Gene Simmons for Halloween. I felt bad ass in the make up and studs! Have a full black costume that I made too. :D

That outfit is class! I'm gonna rock it right up so Friday night :p

Anyone heading out afterwards? I'm coming up from Cork so was just gonna go to Fibbers or Bruxelles after, any better suggestions?

Advertisement