Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Listening to a few of their tunes on myspace now , they're horribily poppy - I'll give that a wide berth.

Although they do a cover of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - kudos for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

RayCon wrote: »
    Although they do a cover of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - kudos for that

Jesus wept. That's one of my untouchables. Is it any good? Or should I avoid in case my head explodes?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

just heard them/seen on you tube they do seem pretty poppy alright, they can play their instruments though

also on myspace i think its funny the have the bassist down as "lead bass"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Never heard of them though but from listening to some of there songs they sound good.

Very catchy.

Jesus wept. That's one of my untouchables. Is it any good? Or should I avoid in case my head explodes?!!

Listened to it twice now ... if you haven't , don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

MCD throwing a ****e support band into the mix!?

Someone call Sky News!

Taking Dawn are not bad . What there like Live is a different story so we will have to wait and see. unless your at the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

MCD throwing a ****e support band into the mix!?

Someone call Sky News!

They aren't chosed by MCD - they are on Road Runner - same label in Europe as KISS (and why they are also on the Airbourne tour)

1 month to go !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WRECKEDEM

I must say you folks are getting me fired up for my 36th KISS concert, not that i needed much firing up as I am seeing my favorite band play outside the states for the first time. I bought ten tickets for friends and relatives and plan on having a KISS Craic.
    Saw the band last year in Detroit (Rock City) and New Oreleans and while Paul IS struggling with his voice, they KILLED both times. Tommy Thayer does Ace Frehley better than Ace Frehley...and I love Ace.

Looks like this show is a go. They would have canceled it by now. Tickets are very reasonably priced for a Dublin gig and I would encourage everyone who is a fan of rock n roll to NOT MISS THIS SHOW. It will most likely be your only chance to catch KISS in Dublin.

• Advertisement

I bought 2 tickets for friends last night and decided to treat myself to the Kiss fanclub option but i have not got any email with a code or anything. I used ticketfast and have the recepit for the fan club memebership.

Anyone else join the club from ticketmaster and got an email about it.

WRECKEDEM wrote: »
    Tommy Thayer does Ace Frehley better than Ace Frehley...and I love Ace. .

*shakes fist* Watch it man .... no disrespecting Ace allowed. I shall be wearing my Ace Frehley T Shirt at the gig in a show of solidarity with our fallen Space brother

"Rock soldiers come
    And rock soldiers go
    And some hear the drum
    And some never know
    Rock soldiers! How do we know?
    Ace is back and he told you so"

;)

*shakes fist* Watch it man .... no disrespecting Ace allowed. I shall be wearing my Ace Frehley T Shirt at the gig in a show of solidarity with our fallen Space brother

;)

LOL. i actually wore my Ace Frehley shirt to Maiden at The Point in 2003. Hey, I love ACE too and we both know there is no substitute, but Tommy is a suitable replacement. His solos on Sonic Boom uhhhh SMOKE, especially on Modern Day Delilah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone else order face paint for the gig?

I`m going with 3 other friends and we ordered make up and wigs from the States. Have them here ready to go!:D

Wonder what the attendence will be. Deff not a sell out.

just checked ticketbastard yesterday and they only had standing seats left. my question is are all standing spots in front of the seats? if so, seems you pay less to get closer. i'd estimate that KISS will draw in the 6-7 thousand range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just bought a good mate a ticket for this for his birthday! There's a big gang of us going now!!!:D Should be great craic!!! Cannot wait!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

WRECKEDEM wrote: »
    just checked ticketbastard yesterday and they only had standing seats left. my question is are all standing spots in front of the seats? if so, seems you pay less to get closer. i'd estimate that KISS will draw in the 6-7 thousand range.

The standing area is on the floor, so yes those tickets are closer to the stage.

adox wrote: »
    Anyone else order face paint for the gig?

I`m going with 3 other friends and we ordered make up and wigs from the States. Have them here ready to go!:D

I've got a great black eye liner that's a felt tip marker - much better than paint for drawing with. I think the white is sooo irritating to put on. I'm gonna leave it off and just do my eyes. (And wear my costume of course!) :cool: Too sweaty in a wig - oh, I'm half assed!

• Advertisement

peter1892 wrote: »
    The standing area is on the floor, so yes those tickets are closer to the stage.

And the closest you'll get. No pit for some reason! But the stage barrier is very wide and you can still have a great view from the sides of the stage :)

Why anyone would want to sit for a rock concert is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Why anyone would want to sit for a rock concert is beyond me :confused:

Because their (my) knees are knackered! ;)

I think there was a pit at the Green Day gig in the O2 last year, not at AC/DC though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

peter1892 wrote: »
    I think there was a pit at the Green Day gig in the O2 last year, not at AC/DC though...

True on both counts, was also a pit for Muse. It seems more often than not there is a pit. I'm guessing there was none for ac/dc because of the way the stage was designed with the big runway but i could be wrong.
    Hopefully won't be one at this anyway

Could have something to do with the number of tickets sold.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    It seems more often than not there is a pit.

Oh yea? I guess I've been unlucky. When I've been there the stage is set back at left hand side with no pit. Except Cirque du Soleil which had a massive ring stage and chairs like an ampitheatre. No pit though, imagine moshing to the diablo performers! :D

Anyone hear Taking Dawn when they supported Airbourne last week.

If so were they good, bad etc.

What time will the kiss set be over does anyone know.

• Advertisement

I hope this goes ahead due to the volcanic ash ... if not, imagine the ****in irony of "The Hottest Band In the World" being scuppered by a volcano :mad:

I hope this goes ahead due to the volcanic ash ... if not, imagine the ****in irony of "The Hottest Band In the World" being scuppered by a volcano :mad:

Crap, yeah, didn't think about that, although its nearly 3 weeks away, I imagine airspace will be back open by then

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Crap, yeah, didn't think about that, although its nearly 3 weeks away, I imagine airspace will be back open by then

Well if the airspace and the volcanic ash was still a problem this time next week I'd be a little worried - it could then become a logistics problem moving the gear around Europe........but I'd be confident at this stage it will all sort itself out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

That gear will be shipped in, no worries about that. Are the band actually in Europe at the moment? Its ment to get better by next week.

kona wrote: »
    That gear will be shipped in, no worries about that. Are the band actually in Europe at the moment? Its ment to get better by next week.

Don't think so, doubt they'll hit Europe until just before the start of the UK dates......so there's still a fair bit of time to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

NIBBS wrote: »
    Don't think so, doubt they'll hit Europe until just before the start of the UK dates......so there's still a fair bit of time to go...

S.H.I.T Ill be devastated if this isnt a goer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Awh... Just recently got into KISS... What are my chances of getting a ticket? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone hear Taking Dawn when they supported Airbourne last week.

If so were they good, bad etc.

What time will the kiss set be over does anyone know.

Didn't see them but the band seemed to think it was a good gig!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/Taking-Dawn-Guitarist-Writes-In-From-Europe-We-Will-Probably-Lose-Our-Hearing-21228.aspx

Not really my cup of tea but I got the album a few weeks ago and it does grow on you. Decent old fashioned rock and roll - tongue in cheek stuff, should be perfect as support to Kiss.

Awh... Just recently got into KISS... What are my chances of getting a ticket? :eek:

Broad to every...

12902s_a.gif

A Number of Seats will be gone for the gig. Just put this on so it can help people out.5116903766a12178085741o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always!) I think the seats will end at the barrier there in the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

If memory serves me right (and it doesn't always!) I think the seats will end at the barrier there in the photo.

yeah I think you are right, thats the way it was for Ac/Dc, Can't wait for it now although just found out I have to work on the 8th!!:mad:

5540976_Whitesnake-The-O2-6-09-GK-6.jpg

Heres a picture i got off of the whitesnake gig last year at the 02.

They seem to put up a new barrier when there is no lower seating.

The red section seems to be from the barrier up to the entrance doors and behind that is the green section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Advertisement

:D One of the best Shreds on Youtube ... up there with the "its the monstaaaahhhh" Iron Maiden one ... brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

SONIC BOOM is awesome...I have to go!
    i wont the best, i got the best - the hottest band in the world - KISS :)

[IMG]http://****/count/fcPpr/bg=Ffffff/txt=ffffff/border=ffffff/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=0/labels=1.jpg[/IMG]

10 days :eek: .... Can't wait

10 days :eek: .... Can't wait

wow......May has just creeped up there so fast......

let the summer of ROCK begin :D

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday Ace Frehley, happy birthday to you!!! Shame I won't get to see you next week and give you cake. 59 candles! :eek: Probably for the best, that's a fire hazard! :D

59 candles! :eek: Probably for the best, that's a fire hazard! :D

p'ah ... that's nothing man... this is The Hottest Band In The World we're talking about (alas no Ace :()

1 week to go ... :cool:

^:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'll be putting on Gene Simmons make up for the first time in my life next Friday!

Advertisement