Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

145791012

Comments



  • damn volcanic ash clouds are back so they could have to take the ferry over to dublin or pospone the show




  • If it doesnt go ahead fibbers an we just commadere the juke box and have a 12 hour session :D heading there after the gig though havent been in years




  • there playing birmingham on the 5th may and then they have a day off on the 6th. So they could sail with all the stage equipment on the 6th and the band could sail early on the 7th.

    They could be a bigger panic if the band had a gig on the 6th with this air traffic nonsense




  • Loads of clips on youtube.
    The Newcastle crowd are much better than the Sheffield crowd but we're gonna be even louder! :D




  • furiousox wrote: »
    Loads of clips on youtube.
    The Newcastle crowd are much better than the Sheffield crowd but we're gonna be even louder! :D

    Aren't we always :) . Yea id say if the close the airports at least they will have loads of time to organise a ferry


  • Advertisement


  • That outfit is class! I'm gonna rock it right up so Friday night :p

    Anyone heading out afterwards? I'm coming up from Cork so was just gonna go to Fibbers or Bruxelles after, any better suggestions?

    Definatly hitting bruxelles afterwards should be good craic!!




  • I swear to god if that ashcloud means them having the reschedule, I'll be livid :mad:

    Have a sh!tload of assignments to hand in on wedensday and this was gonna be the light at the end of the tunnel.

    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html




  • At least this gives them loads of time to organise a ferry. Yea i have 2 assignments due this week and hopefully get them done by wed and then relax till about 9pm on Friday :)




  • I can't wait for this


    Anyone know where I can find some black and white face paint in Dublin, preferably south or city centre? No place in Dundrum or Dun Laoghaire sells any, and I need approx 8 Peter Crisses worth of face paint




  • KISS support band, Taking Dawn playing Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" in Newcastle. May 2, 2010.




  • Advertisement


  • cant wait now...highly excited about this!!! its come around so close...my better half got me tickets for xmas and it seems like only a few weeks ago!! woo hoo!!

    going with the face paint all going well...just wondering are people going to take off the face paint before going out or just go with it? be some laugh a gang on kissers wandering around the city :)




  • Does anyone know if digital cameras are allowed?




  • If the volcanic ash somehow stops this gig , coupled with Heaven and Hell having to cancel their gig with Iron Maiden , this will be a truely ****ty week




  • PTH2009 wrote: »
    there playing birmingham on the 5th may and then they have a day off on the 6th. So they could sail with all the stage equipment on the 6th and the band could sail early on the 7th.

    They could be a bigger panic if the band had a gig on the 6th with this air traffic nonsense

    Getting here might not be the problem but getting away from here to continue the tour might be an issue for 'em.




  • what hotel are the band staying in does anyone know




  • PTH2009 wrote: »
    what hotel are the band staying in does anyone know

    And if they gonna go out to explore Temple Bar where they will go?? :rolleyes:




  • PTH2009 wrote: »
    what hotel are the band staying in does anyone know

    Please don't make a nuisance of yourself or hang around needleslly, they're booked into The Travelodge in Ballymun




  • crusse wrote: »
    Does anyone know if digital cameras are allowed?

    Not sure, there's certainly a lot less hassle with cameras these days (as long as they are not cameras with changeable lens) there's certainly loads of fan photos around on the Kiss website.....

    I'll be bringing one anyway......




  • Yeah I figured it should be easier to bring one in now as these days all mobile phones have cameras in them too.
    Just bought a new digital camera a few months ago nothing too fancy but it records in 720p so I'm hoping to get some nice pics and recordings. :p




  • Wouldn't be too sure about cameras...lest We forget Gene Simmons is a right c*nt,When it comes to bootlegging...and of course most other things :)

    Gene Simmons' Lawyer Raids North Carolina KISS Expo

    Gene Simmons and Company raided Sunday's North Carolina KISS Expo looking for illegal DVD's and Videos along with various other bootlegged KISS material on Sunday, Aug. 8th. According to various sources Gene Simmons is trying to root out a notorious bootlegger. In attendance was Special Guest, Gordon G.G. Gebert, author of the books KISS & Tell, KISS & Tell More, and Rock & Roll War Stories. Gebert states, "At first I didn't know what was going on. When I realized they were confiscating bootlegs I watched the drama unfold. Then some guy claiming to be Gene Simmons' lawyer came to where I was signing my new book and we had a heated exchange. He tried to stop me from selling merchandise until he checked it out. I told him he had no authority to stop me from selling legal merchandise. The exchange was interesting to say the least. After he realized I had nothing illegal they left the venue."

    KISS Expo Organizer is due in court Friday, August 13th.


    http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=8982


  • Advertisement


  • Yikes, was there really only 3000 people at the Liverpool gig??
    That place is bigger than the O2!




  • furiousox wrote: »
    Yikes, was there really only 3000 people at the Liverpool gig??
    That place is bigger than the O2!

    No it's not, Liverpool Arena holds 11,000 standing, The Point has 14,000 capacity.

    A friend was there and he says it was about 2/3 full, so maybe 7,000. Probably also due to the fact they're playing Manchester next week which is only 30 odd miles away




  • scudzilla wrote: »
    No it's not, Liverpool Arena holds 11,000 standing, The Point has 14,000 capacity.

    A friend was there and he says it was about 2/3 full, so maybe 7,000. Probably also due to the fact they're playing Manchester next week which is only 30 odd miles away

    Hopefully there'll be a decently sized crowd at this, even if it's nowhere near sold out. A sh!t crowd can be such a buzz kill




  • Does anyone know what time the gig will be over at?




  • crusse wrote: »
    Yeah I figured it should be easier to bring one in now as these days all mobile phones have cameras in them too.
    Just bought a new digital camera a few months ago nothing too fancy but it records in 720p so I'm hoping to get some nice pics and recordings. :p

    My rule is don't bring anything you aren't prepared to not bring home, that's why I got a camera specifically for gigs - cheap and chearful enough but good enough to take decent photo's vids (if only the taker was any ood ;-) ....)




  • Does anyone know what time the gig will be over at?

    Id say 11 , im pretty sure that is the curfew




  • grimm2005 wrote: »
    Hopefully there'll be a decently sized crowd at this, even if it's nowhere near sold out. A sh!t crowd can be such a buzz kill

    To be fair, the majority of people that will be there will be Kissaholics, suffering from severe cases of Rock n' Roll Pneumonia. So even if its half full the crowd will be rocking




  • Any pre or post show events? Green Room Bar doing anything?




  • Remember when this tour was originally due to start in Dublin? Good thing they added a few extra dates in the UK prior to Dublin or this probably would have been affected by the volcano.

    Can't wait for this tomorrow.


  • Advertisement


  • Got a call from my mate and I'm meeting him tonight to pick up my Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley kits for me and the Mrs. Make up kits and wigs! He's going as Ace and another friend is being lumped with Peter Chris.

    First time putting the make up on and first time seeing them live. I'm 43 so have been waiting a long time for this.


Advertisement