Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Force - (See Moderator note in first post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

collig2 wrote: »
    Just wondering if the meeting with the super is seen as an interview or is it an informal chat for him/her to assess your character?

Cheers lads...

Its an informal chat

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

collig2 wrote: »
    Just wondering if the meeting with the super is seen as an interview or is it an informal chat for him/her to assess your character?

Cheers lads...

ah it's informal, wouldn't worry too much about that. he/she might have a look at your criminal record and if you have anything, be asked about it...

don't wear a tracksuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Hey guys,

I see your all moving along pritty good, My self I have a question!
    A garda arrived at the house yesterday wanting to talk to me about the reserves....Of course I missed them.. All my interviews are done, I'm 11 months into it.. Is that the norm - Cold calling??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rookie09

Hey guys,

A garda arrived at the house yesterday wanting to talk to me about the reserves....Of course I missed them.. All my interviews are done, I'm 11 months into it.. Is that the norm - Cold calling??

Would'nt worry about it this has happened a couple of people who post on this thread,probaly just checking you out especially if you live in Dublin:D.I have all the interviews done,6 months into it.Just waiting on medical next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

Hey guys,

ive had the same experience i wasnt home either but they said he would call back the next evening. He was really sound and explained it was just routine that my BR came through to his department and his job was to call out and just have a chat (basically to make sure your not a pycho :))he was literally here for five minutes.
    wouldnt worry about it atal but i'd imagine they will call back soon.

• Advertisement

Here it goes, They wanted to talk about back ground checks - All went well, No probs from HQ side...Thanks all for helping, your all great McJ
    Let us now how it goes you'll be grand :)
    just make sure you'v a small bit of cake and a pot of tea on the ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

hello everybody just joined there two minutes ago..seen all the posts on the garda reserve here and havent got through them all,,so sorry if anyone has asked already but i have been interested in joining the garda for a while now i applied for the reserves on public jobs back in september and stil have heard nothing back should i apply again in case i did it wrong and thats why maybe i havent heard or is there other ways to apply??!!or should just leave it and wait!!thanks jackie:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

jackiexx wrote: »
    hello everybody just joined there two minutes ago..seen all the posts on the garda reserve here and havent got through them all,,so sorry if anyone has asked already but i have been interested in joining the garda for a while now i applied for the reserves on public jobs back in september and stil have heard nothing back should i apply again in case i did it wrong and thats why maybe i havent heard or is there other ways to apply??!!or should just leave it and wait!!thanks jackie:cool:

I would say that your best option here would be to ring PAS direct and ask them do they have your application on file. Just tell them what you wrote here: you registered back then and since you haven't heard anything, you were wondering if you did infact register correctly or if their was some sort of connection error that prevented your application being finalised online.
    You could ask them also, when do they think stage1-interview&report writing would be held in one of your chosen areas.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I would say that your best option here would be to ring PAS direct and ask them do they have your application on file. Just tell them what you wrote here: you registered back then and since you haven't heard anything, you were wondering if you did infact register correctly or if their was some sort of connection error that prevented your application being finalised online.
    You could ask them also, when do they think stage1-interview&report writing would be held in one of your chosen areas.

thats great thanks for your advice hun:cool: also this mite be a silly question but what is the pas and how would i find a contact number for them ??!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

thats great thanks for your advice hun:cool: also this mite be a silly question but what is the pas and how would i find a contact number for them ??!!!:confused:

You said that you applied on publicjobs (highlighted here) ... well PAS is PublicAppointmentsService aka publicjobs. The contact details are on their website that you would have visited to register/thought you registered on previous, but here, from www.publicjobs.ie :

Public Appointments Service,
    Chapter House,
    26/30 Abbey Street Upper,
    Dublin 1,
    Ireland.
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: + 353-1-858-7400
    Fax: + 353-1-8587500
    Fax: + 353-1-8587574
    Email: info@publicjobs.ie
    Opening Hours: 9:15 AM - 5:15 PM

Good Luck in your application.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    You said that you applied on publicjobs (highlighted here) ... well PAS is PublicAppointmentsService aka publicjobs. The contact details are on their website that you would have visited to register/thought you registered on previous, but here, from www.publicjobs.ie :

Public Appointments Service,
    Chapter House,
    26/30 Abbey Street Upper,
    Dublin 1,
    Ireland.
    Lo-Call: 1890-449999
    Tel: + 353-1-858-7400
    Fax: + 353-1-8587500
    Fax: + 353-1-8587574
    Email: info@publicjobs.ie
    Opening Hours: 9:15 AM - 5:15 PM

Good Luck in your application.

o rite sorry now i get it thanks just didnt realise the pas was short for the public jobs:Dmy bad hahaha im just having one a does days i think dunno were my head is hahaha...thanks alot for that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

When You pass the interview garda hq will contact you in regards to the exemption form or you can contact them.simply fill it out send it back to them directly and it just goes with your file :)

Thank you, youv all been a great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Well, it's been 4 months since I passed interview/exam and nothings happened yet. BR form went back in January or thereabouts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

I'd like to get in touch with people who are from cork here and waiting to be called for the medical or even if they have it done.

will anyone interested in sharing info/thoughts pm me and I'll send my e mail address and number

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

funkyflea wrote: »
    Well, it's been 4 months since I passed interview/exam and nothings happened yet. BR form went back in January or thereabouts..

keep sitting tight

it took me 15months to get to templemore

and i know some people who took nearly 2years. Boards.ie wont have answers on that for ya my good man, only Garda HQ will

i agree, it can be disheartening and annoying at times but good things come to those who wait. and the wait is well worth it (in my opinion!)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

rang the reserve office in HQ last week re future intakes, they let me know that the next intake is May 7th and the intake after that will in September so fingers crossed for all those waiting on medicals for the May intake or it feel like a very long wait until September....!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Spartan09 wrote: »
    rang the reserve office in HQ last week re future intakes, they let me know that the next intake is May 7th and the intake after that will in September so fingers crossed for all those waiting on medicals for the May intake or it feel like a very long wait until September....!

Ah crap! I'm going to be out of the country from may til june :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sm900

I had my interview with the sgt im my local station 2 weeks ago and my forms were sent off to hq for backround checks. Does this mean that I wont have my interview with the Super????? or is the next stage the medical? :rolleyes:

sm900 wrote: »
    I had my interview with the sgt im my local station 2 weeks ago and my forms were sent off to hq for backround checks. Does this mean that I wont have my interview with the Super????? or is the next stage the medical? :rolleyes:

After my Sgt's interview - the Super's interview came soon after a week or two, The Super had my Background forms in his hand...I would'nt say yours are gone yet!!!!? Make a call - Move it along.....Medical can happen before background checks are done or after.. It's a roll of the dice...Good look:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sm900

After my Sgt's interview - the Super's interview came soon after a week or two, The Super had my Background forms in his hand...I would'nt say yours are gone yet!!!!? Make a call - Move it along.....Medical can happen before background checks are done or after.. It's a roll of the dice...Good look:cool:

Thanks for the help Mc. feels like its taking forever :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 thestig06

To anyone in cork who tried to PM me , there seems to be some rule not allowing me to access this feature unless i have 25 posts or more

So if you want to e mail me my address is my username @ hotmail . com

Sorry for the roundabout way.....stupid rules......

I had my super / inspector interview and they had my file too but that doesnt mean that your background checks are fully completed, I still have a bit of mine to be completed before Im in, am developing a new skill in long term patience in waiting to get into the Reserve....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Hello all,
    Im new here, just registered, im in the first stage of the garda reserve app's, i have my interview & exam thrusday week, so fingers crossed, im looking forward to it & hopefully in the coming months, i'll be down in templemore training!
    was wondering about how long it takes for the whole process to be completed before templemore training?, any advice, information u have i'd be greatful to get

Thanks a mil
    GRmidlands

There is a tread somewhere on here that explains step by step the process... it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Hello all,
    Im new here, just registered, im in the first stage of the garda reserve app's, i have my interview & exam thrusday week, so fingers crossed, im looking forward to it & hopefully in the coming months, i'll be down in templemore training!
    was wondering about how long it takes for the whole process to be completed before templemore training?, any advice, information u have i'd be greatful to get

Thanks a mil
    GRmidlands

From applying to going to templemore it takes different amount of tiumes for some it takes 6 months others it takes a year just depends really anymore questions feel free to post here

Next round of medicals for the intake on the 7th of May have been scheduled for next week, hope a few more got word about it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GR midlands

Hiya misses,
    Ooooh thanks for that update, when did u do ur exam if u dont mind me asking & when did u send away ur B.R form, hope u dont mind me askin , im only doin so as i just wondering how long the process was for u from doin ur exam to now-doin ur medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kruger248

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Next round of medicals for the intake on the 7th of May have been scheduled for next week, hope a few more got word about it too...

Hi Spartan, did you get a phone call or an email to notify you of your medical?

kruger248 wrote: »
    Hi Spartan, did you get a phone call or an email to notify you of your medical?

Email mostly (99%).. but phone call on very rare occasions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kruger248

Email mostly (99%).. but phone call on very rare occasions!

Thanks munster, I was hoping to get called for a medical before the May 7th intake but it's looking like September now.

• Advertisement

kruger248 wrote: »
    Thanks munster, I was hoping to get called for a medical before the May 7th intake but it's looking like September now.

They are known sometimes only to give two weeks maximum notice for medical and starting phase 1 week or so later... so who knows... you in with a shout still.

Advertisement